It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all 2012 believers!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
So it seems to me that you're so sure that December 21st, 2012 will be the end of the world. This is one hundred percent fact to you, end of story, right? So how about putting your money where your type is? Allow me to elaborate. I suggest, for you, a small friendly wager. How about if we are still here December 22nd, 2012, humanity that is, you send me $3 dollars U.S cash, or the equivlent in any currency.

The stakes are clear,
If I'm right and this date proves not to be the Apocalypse, then I will gain a little more wealth.
And if you're right I lose evrything I own.

If this is against the site's rules, feel free to take it down, and I apologize. I'm not trying to get banned, I love this place too much.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by marsvoltafan74]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by marsvoltafan74

There are some that are a hundred percent sure...but you will not find them spending there times on forum boards.
Besides I don't know that there is really anything to argue about 2012 ... its either going to happen or it won't.
Making a wager over abs will not work.
Try setting up a website if you are so sure.
Try bet2012.com
That might be available in the domain names.
Premise of the website would be yours:
If 2012 happens well no one will have any money to bet.
If 2012 doesn't happen people should hit the donate button on your website.
It would work better if you do it this way...the money getting that is.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

The money isn't worth as much as the point though. The formatting will be considered later, after I know if people seem interested.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
This would involve taking responsibility for silly and outrageous claims while on the internet.

We can't have that!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
2012 doesn't have to be the end, it is only the end according to some. There are many theories surrounding it, and not all of them are doom and gloom, that's a very common misconception, and if perhaps people realized there could be more to it than that, they wouldn't be so quick to ridicule and shout, because they wouldn't be so fearful.

[edit on 12/8/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

marsvoltafan74,
I have written a specific check just for you(written out to marsvoltafan) in the amount of $3.00 and mailed it to the address specified under "location" on your avatar. I trust it will reach you soon. As, i fear, that the value of the u.s. currency may endure some level of decline between now and December 22nd, 2012.

enjoy,
et

p.s.
by the way, you owe me 44 cents for postage, please donate this to:

Arizona Executive Offices:
The Above Network, LLC
15111 North Hayden Road
Suite 160-156
Scottsdale, AZ 85260

[edit on 12-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

you made it sound like every 2012 believer believes that the world will end.

what if i t ell you that i believe in 2012, but i dont believe the world will end.

I'm sure something significant will happen that will change earth and the people of earth forever.

i believe that things will only get worse as we reach december 21 2012, and the world will end for many people (unfortunately) but those who survive will see a new world, a new birth on december 22 2012. and 2013 will be a great year. but until then may god or whatever you believe in help you.

p.s that bet is lame, i mean what the hell dude. whos going to find who and why would anyone care at that point in time. you'd probably lose everything anyway... and money would be worth, ermmm f*ck all!! peace

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie

p.s that bet is lame, i mean what the hell dude. whos going to find who and why would anyone care at that point in time. you'd probably lose everything anyway... and money would be worth, ermmm f*ck all!! peace

Hahahahahaha!!! Brilliant!! That is one of the funniest, mood "razing" things I've heard/read all day!

Thanks

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I know your just trying to get people to think about the possibility that nothing will happen...But listen at this point...You need to be prepared for that nothing ,and here is why: I live in the north and the weather will call for a snow storm.People run out and invade the supermarkets.As if they won't ever be able to go out of their house again.Sometimes the snow comes and some times it doesn't.What do you think Dec 2012 is going to be like...My warning is prepare not for what might happen (because if it happens we won't need the supplies anyways)Prepare for what won't happen... Think about it....

Peace

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by zbeliever
I know your just trying to get people to think about the possibility that nothing will happen...But listen at this point...You need to be prepared for that nothing ,and here is why: I live in the north and the weather will call for a snow storm.People run out and invade the supermarkets.As if they won't ever be able to go out of their house again.Sometimes the snow comes and some times it doesn't.What do you think Dec 2012 is going to be like...My warning is prepare not for what might happen (because if it happens we won't need the supplies anyways)Prepare for what won't happen... Think about it....

Peace

Exactly. I fill like the panic and surge in crime around that time is what might do us in.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
If that isn't the truth, well then I don't know what is lol!! Plan for the best, but prepare for the worst is what my great grandma always used to say, it stuck in my head and I'm glad it did. I can't tell you how many times in my life it seemed like things just couldn't get any worse, and so I would simply plan for the best to come, but prepare for the worst. Sometimes things would get better and sometimes they would get worse. I was always glad when they got worse that I had tucked a little money aside or bought an extra weeks worth of groceries or what ever "backup plan" I'd had in place.

I don't know if I believe that 2012 will be THE END, but I know that what ever happens, I will be glad that I had a backup plan. I know for certain that there are enough people around the world who have heard about it that something will happen. Even if it's just panic in the streets, riots, and grocery store ransacking, that will be bad enough to have a backup plan at all.

My family has gotten very serious about growing our own garden and making sure we have a lot of first aid type supplies. We live in a house that only has a cistern for our water supply. It collects rain water, but that's not enough, so we have it filled every 3 weeks. We also have about 10 cases of "spring" water jugs that we fill for our cooking and drinking water. If worse would come to worse, I'm sure I could sautee' some possum and convince the kids it's chiken lol!

The point is, better to be safe than sorry, ya know?! However, I think I'll keep my $3 and fill up a case of water jugs with it. I'm not much of a gambler

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
if they are correct, you don't have to pay anyway.
mabye all 2012 doom believers should put money away and if it's all good then celebrate.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
sorry
Accidental double.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by listerofsmeg]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   

you might possibly be the best prophet on this site. i also think this 2012 bs is gonna turn out to be a self-fulfulling prophecy.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

You may have a point. But then again snowstorms, hurricanes etc. are physical, observable events.
2012 to the majority of even the most heavily media saturated population on the planet (The USA) is simply an effects heavy disaster movie with a larger than life plot.

By spending time on ATS , and maybe other boards, you will ascribe much more relevance than it actually has "in the wild".

Remember
"Oncoming (potential) events viewed with your personal bias may appear more significant than they actually are."

(Paraphrased from a cars wing mirror)

top topics

join