It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'US kills civilians to intimidate people'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
reply to post by and14263

You need to read my first post. I didn't give you a moderator's warning. I gave you another type of warning. You should be very-very cautious about some of the things you write. You never know who is watching.

Yep-cause they hate us for our freedoms.
Nice to know that we are still the land of the free and the home of the brave....within government controlled limits and in free speech zones.

Maybe we can get Jane Fonda to visit Khandahar and shake hands with the Taliban.
Funny how that never got her arrested for anything but now we are warned about what we type.
Does this not strike you as odd?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by JetStream
...Funny how that never got her arrested for anything but now we are warned about what we type. Does this not strike you as odd?

Sometimes.

I hate Wikipedia...
Sedition Act of 1918

It gets you to wonder what living in 1918 must have felt like.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

Yawn...

You seriously quoted 'statistics' in your post? That about sums it up for me. Statistics and surveys exist so they can be manipulated, trust me, it's my job to do this.

OK so the soldiers have good intentions (mostly) but I don't fall for propaganda.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
want the truth 911 missing links

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
civilians get killed, fighters get killed, in accidents and hostilities.

think! the us could decimate anyplace we wanted.

i mean devastation on a scale that makes nam look like a drive by.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

'US kills civilians to intimidate people'

I don't believe 'US' had much do with it.
Rogue 'agents' within the Pentagon.
Now you Are getting somewhere.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I nominate YOU to go to the middle east and order the insurgents to wear a uniform and fight via the rules of war governed by the geneva convention...

You think we are that advanced that we can pick 4 guys out of a village 1 by 1? You got a dream to wake up from... These enemies are not uniformed military...they ARE CITIZENS...WE ARE NOT AT WAR WITH AFGHANASTAN!!!

We have the best military on the planet...best training, best people and best weaponry. Our guys are still getting killed by some dbag with an old rusty ak because we put limitations on our guys that makes them targets with no recourse for return fire.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by BingeBob

The US doesn't follow Geneva so I don't really understand why non-military revolutionaries would.
Maybe we should consider where the insurgents come from? Why do the people fight? Because it is an occupation, and conquest. It is naive to pretend that pentagon planners do not understand the consequences of lots of air power, or utilize mass punishment.
Hell, there is a school at fort benning in Georgia that teaches how to crush local populations. Anyone who believes that this is random, or out of the ordinary has not been paying attention to the last fifty years of US policy.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by stephinrazin

and you live in what impoverished country?

with dial-up and taking time out from your own freedom fighting to respond to this.

thank you!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
[edit on 13-8-2010 by Thepreye]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by stephinrazin

You are talking about the people who have been fighting for the past...oh say 1000 years???

Come on man go read a BOOK or something....Maybe get some 1st hand experience...You have no knowledge of hardship to the degree of people who have been murdered and raped for 1000 years because of religious difference.

Maybe we are there to fight the insurgency and terrorism...maybe we are there for drugs or oil...I dont know

All i know is that these people blow eachother up and they shoot our guys...They are evil

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

I have to be a freedom fighter because I see reality without a programmed viewpoint? If I were in a third world country I would not fight anyone because I believe violence is rarely the most effective means for achieving goals.

I merely have researched enough to realize that most people fighting because a foreign force is stealing their natural resources, and killing people everywhere.

Terrorist is a word. A myth that has no meaning, but what a arbitrary designation a technocrat gives it. It allows war to be pursued while the real aggressor appear to have the moral highroad.

I am beyond understanding how anyone believes the propaganda, and repeats programmed talking points. It used to make me mad, but now it only makes me sad. The inability of the American people to think clearly, or realize half of their income tax pays for this empire is tragic. How many lives will be lost for that goddamn pipeline?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
A few headlines about civilian deaths in Afghanistan

Taliban blamed for sharp rise in Afghan casualties

Afghan civilian casualties rise 31 per cent in first six months of 2010

Taliban behind 76 percent of civilian deaths in Afghanistan: UN Read more: www.longwarjournal.org...

It's not just the US forces that cause death to civilians. The Taliban seems to be a bloodthirsty bunch.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by and14263...I don't fall for propaganda.

But, you did fall for propaganda. Instead of falling for the government's propaganda, you bought into a media source's propaganda. Who do you think the sources is behind the link in the first post?

Press TV:: 'US kills civilians to intimidate people'

A US writer and radio host says that the country's killing of civilians in Afghanistan serves the purpose of public intimidation.

"There have been many, many thousands of Afghan civilians, men, women and children deliberately targeted, deliberately killed to intimidate the population," Stephen Lendman told Press TV on Thursday.

You exchanged one evil for another.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Section31]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by oozyism

Suicide Bomber kills 48

(AP) Twin suicide bombings killed 48 people on Sunday, including dozens from a government-backed, anti-al Qaeda militia who were lined up to get their paychecks near a military base southwest of Baghdad, Iraqi officials said.

2010: 44 Suicide Bombings Main article: List of suicide bombings in Iraq in 2010 In 2010 so far, 44 suicide bombings have occurred

2007: 442 Suicide Bombings Main article: List of suicide bombings in Iraq in 2007 In 2007, the United States executed the Iraq War troop surge of 2007. Meanwhile, 442 suicide bombings occurred, the second-most since the war began.
[edit] 2008: 257 Suicide Bombings Main article: List of suicide bombings in Iraq in 2008 In 2008, following the troop surge, the number of suicide bombings dropped somewhat, with 257 attacks occurring.
[edit] 2009: 76 Suicide Bombings Main article: List of suicide bombings in Iraq in 2009 In 2009, 76 suicide bombings occurred – the fewest since 2003.

I could give you a list of the number of casualties too if you like........

I can do this all day Ooz

well... too bad that you are ignoring this story for example:

source

ARREST OF BRITISH TERROR AGENTS IN BASRA EXPOSES SOURCE OF IRAQI SECTARIAN TERROR BOMBINGS By Christopher Bollyn American Free Press The arrest of two British agents disguised as Shiite "terrorists" with a car full of explosives in Basra suggests that British occupation forces are involved in Iraq's so-called sectarian bombings, which, until now have been unclaimed and unexplained acts of senseless violence.

otherwise you would know what is really going on...

well, like the OP said you are a brainwashed robot
(like many people here on ATS)

[edit on 13-8-2010 by donhuangenaro]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by donhuangenaro

So were these british "agents" actually government agents? or were they people from britain that wanted to be terrrorists?

We have americans that get picked up all the time over there because they are involved in violent activities...they operate inside our borders too

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Section31

To be honest I didn't even read the OP fully let alone click the link... I just did what I do normally.... scan down a thread and look for posts that flick my switches

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by stephinrazin
reply to post by fooks

I have to be a freedom fighter because I see reality without a programmed viewpoint? If I were in a third world country I would not fight anyone because I believe violence is rarely the most effective means for achieving goals.
ya i like the tickle offence and happy ending too.

I merely have researched enough to realize that most people fighting because a foreign force is stealing their natural resources, and killing people everywhere.

bill cosby joked about a murderer once, said, "why you kill everyone in the house?"

"coz they was home!"

you really believe we do that?

Terrorist is a word. A myth that has no meaning, but what a arbitrary designation a technocrat gives it. It allows war to be pursued while the real aggressor appear to have the moral highroad.

ok. i won't demean that or condone it.

I am beyond understanding how anyone believes the propaganda, and repeats programmed talking points. It used to make me mad, but now it only makes me sad. The inability of the American people to think clearly, or realize half of their income tax pays for this empire is tragic. How many lives will be lost for that goddamn pipeline?

like i said, what impoverished country with handcranked pc's you calling from?

your civil war has a break?

thank you for your concern!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Great thread OP,

Not to take away from your thread, but I just posted a thread yesterday about how the "reptilian" brain is responsible for the action and the consequences of these actions taken by government.

Using Fear (emotions) to mass mind control and suppress our inner soul. This tactic may be even thousands of years old... we're now slowly figuring it out. I don't think even the people enforcing this all know how it works, yet are also brain washed to enforce it!

The Reptilian Brain ! Exposed
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 13-8-2010 by freighttrain]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by and14263

Man, 'we' are a bunch of sorry jerks.

I don't know which is worse. Visiting a controversial website about controversial subjects and getting pissed, or trying to make all this stuff sound sane.

Majority of the information being posted is propaganda, and 'we are all' suckers for falling one way or another. I wonder how many wars or arguments could have been averted if we just listened to ourselves.

Sorry, man. Thanks for clearing that up.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Section31]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join