It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15,000 New Documents to be released by Wikieaks.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

WikiLeaks founder: More documents to come

(CNN) -- The founder of WikiLeaks said Thursday the whistle-blower website is preparing to release another roughly 15,000 documents about the war in Afghanistan.

"We are about halfway through them," Julian Assange told reporters in London, England. "This is a very expensive process."

CNN.com

---------------

Roughly 15,000 new documents on the Afghanastan war are being on their way for public eyes. Only time will tell what we find out this time.

The Pentagon has warned wikileaks to stop the and take down the stolen documents and is saying that "It would compound a mistake that has already put far too many lives at risk," said Geoff Morrell, deputy assistant secretary of defense for public affairs.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by Oozii]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Thank you for the information. According to the Pentagon these 15,000 documents are some of the more revealing documents about the war. An interesting comment made on Wikileaks twitter page states:

Remember well those organizations currently rushing to push the Pentagon's agenda without fact checking.

My hunch is that wikileaks has information implicating those organizations to the military-industrial complex. Hopefully the truth will come forward one way or another so we can right all the wrongs in this country and start on a new way forward.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I cant even immagen whats in those documents , can be anything but i dough that there will be names , but i can assure you that there will be lots of heads falling down after that , that's if Mr. assange's head is still in its place.

lets wait and see.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
the contrived media debate to discredit wikileaks has been massive
this only creates more interest in the releases
this stuff was held back for some reason and could very well be the explosive stuff the pentagon is fearfull of
but the insurance file is proberly much more damaging

political cables between commanders and politicians or countrys could open up a large can of worms

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

If they have already confirmed half (7500 documents) then why not release them??

I think Wiki is just ASKING to be shut down...
or looking for a deal...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

I think they don't release the documents as they want to generate interest in stories. If they dump everything they had onto the web, it would be too much to digest. They say even bad media coverage is sometimes good for getting the message across.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I was expecting some ground-shattering information to be released with the first batch and was disappointed. For all they hype, I am expecting people to be name, unethical and illegal conversations to have been recorded and released, something, ANYTHING that would make the average person sit up and wonder, if only for one second, what exactly is going on behind closed doors of this supposed government for the people. None of this seems to be the case.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I've been thinking about WikiLeaks lately and their agenda, which seems to expose all the greed and corruption and crimes that typically get hidden by world-governments. I wonder if it is to actually help fix the system and make the world a better place or if they are trying to destabilize governments and economies and possibly provoking a military industrial complex fueled major conflict?

I really do wonder if there is some deeper, more nefarious agenda...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I dont understand how releasing the documents are risking any peoples lifes, to me this is just a push for the sheeple to also say that these documents should not be released.

The only scenario I see coming is public outcry. Maybe they are scared that more and more people, who used to be blind to this - will start quesioning the way they are dealing with things over there, and its about time.

To me, i think forces been over there trying to change things to how they want them to be is just making this whole "terrorism" thing worse (which maybe on purpose) I know for a fact that if i was living over there, and forces came to my country for war - then started shooting every d!ck and harry for no reason what so ever, sh!!!!t id grab that AK47 and tie a 4ft blade to my back and have a hell of a good day

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
old julian better watch out before he gets dead, these boys don't play, he and any one who puts this out is and will be a target.

any one giving odds on his life expectancy

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJM8507
I've been thinking about WikiLeaks lately and their agenda, which seems to expose all the greed and corruption and crimes that typically get hidden by world-governments.

I don't think that's Wikileaks agenda, per se.

Wikileaks goal is to provide a safe & anonymous (debatable) process to allow whistle blowers to release information they [the whistleblowers] deem of critical public interest.

I just so happens that the vast majority of topics which ARE of public concern will be those related to govts, military, large private corps, etc - and not those of your next door neighbour's secret obsession of watching Sailor Moon in his underpants while clutching his Japanese love pillow.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by noonebutme]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The sad thing is the majority of brain washed people won't ever even have heard of wikileaks before, but maybe heard it once or twice and assume it's the "bad guy" or some type of avant garde pro-hippie, save the whale movement and so they'll automatically dismiss it.

however, for those with some inkling of understanding, these documents will be nothing new but the mainstream media will go ga ga over it. Perhaps it will raise awareness for the war, but then again, the war is the perpetual distraction from the cause of war- the central banks, propaganda, secret government, the New World Order.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I love the way that the Pentagon seems to be so shaken and not exactly in
control. All they can do is say, "hey man, could ya please not do this, that would
be cool". As powerful as they are they seem so powerless in this situation.
I love it. Stick it to the system, even if they are top secret documents about
what they had for dinner. Screw em.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
When will wikileaks release the transcipts and data from the black boxes of the planes that hit the towers?
The black boxes that officially never was found.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oozii

The Pentagon has warned wikileaks to stop the and take down the stolen documents and is saying that "It would compound a mistake that has already put far too many lives at risk," said Geoff Morrell, deputy assistant secretary of defense for public affairs.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by Oozii]

what lives? those Afghani lives deliberately destroyed to provoke them
for conflict you make such a lucrative business upon?

well, if there is a hell - and I hope there is one, you sure deserve to burn for all eternity there mista Morrell

because it is not very nice to make money killing people

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Ten to 1 that Assange has a full stream of documents above and beyond even this next batch that he is releasing. A massive first batch, a large second batch... save the choice morsels for last.

As with everything else in the world, if you don't police yourself - eventually others will police you.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
What possible new could those document reveal? Nothing what we already don't know. That nazi US gov. wage illegal wars across the globe? That those corrupt, sick bastards think that they own Earth and everybody will do as they command? That US gov. and army is actually only pawns to the Sionists bankers? Okay... What else?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

I think it is a bluff.

If he had anything damaging to post, I think he would have already made everything public.

I think he is bluffing.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

We the people deserve/need to know the truth, what we do with it is up to us, wether it be peaceful resolution or WWIII. It very well may define humans future, that is the reaction not the info. It could be the end of tyranny and evil forever.

The truth is the thruth, does it really matter how you find out? Don't shoot the messenger.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

I love how the American Government makes truth Illegal. That alone says a lot about the leadership.
They use the excuse that it will be dangerous for the troops to release the truth because the enemy will know what we're up to and be able to better fight against it.

So lets hide the truth because its dangerous.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join