It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Krakatau possibly becoming active

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
A poster at the eruptions blog has indicated that sources of his in Indonesia have told him that Krakatau has entered another active phase.

Eruptions Discussion

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this.

I am not sure why people are overlooking it.

The discussions at the link you provided are very interesting.

I will do some further research down this path, and thank you for getting this into my attention.

For those reading who do not know the Significance of this particular volcano, I want to bring this link to your attention.
en.wikipedia.org...

The 1883 eruption of this volcano is said to be one of the most violent eruptions ever in recorded modern history.

It is actually incredible. You have got to read the history of this place.

I had read about this information about a year or two ago, and once I saw the title of your thread I was alarmed to say the least.

Hopefully if Krakatoa erupts, it will be minor in comparison to the near apocalyptic events from 127 years ago.

We are already on the brink with the tons of disasters and problems we have all over the place, a major Krakatoa blast could push us over the edge into a real global crisis. And that is no joke.

I don't mean to fear-monger about it. That is not my intention. Hell no ones even reading this thread anyway.

Just review the history of this volcano. I am downplaying it, if you really think about it.

Let's keep our eyes on this one. This bad boy's scary IMHO.

Prepare for the worst, Hope for the best.

Starring and flagging this so maybe someone will take a look and give us more information.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I think it's fairly new information so it might not be being reported yet. I know there have been 3 5+ mag quakes within 10km of the volcano in the past 3 weeks. Hopefully it's just re-entering another growth phase as it does a couple of times a year. I know they take it very seriously over there when it gets active as they haven't forgotten the events of the past.

The eruptions blog is an awesome resource, there are vulcanologists from all over the world that contribute to that site. I discovered and became addicted to it during the iceland eruption - the information there was so far ahead of the news media and so much more informative it wasn't even funny. They basically called out the initial fissure eruption days before it occurred or was being reported on as well as the explosive events that followed.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Yellowstone has had a few quakes also but nobody is worried about that one,.
Could be cause there is nothing to be concerned about,.??
Personally My guess is with all this heat lately,. something has gotta give soon

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Necrosis
A poster at the eruptions blog has indicated that sources of his in Indonesia have told him that Krakatau has entered another active phase.

Eruptions Discussion

Wow, maybe we should hope that the Iceland volcano doesn't erupt like Krakatoa did huh? That might not be nice for our al lies oops I meant allies in europe.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

the last eruption o krakatoa remided me of revelation in the bible wher it says

a great mountain will fall into the sea because after the last eruption that is what happend so i will be keeping an eye on this

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
This could be serious!

Why do we have to worry about NATURAL DISASTERS & NWO. It would be nice, just worry about one.

Thanks for sharing we need to keep up on this one!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
First of all, good link. The Eruptions Blog is one of the best places for information on Volcano's because of how many real scientists are on that blog. When Eyjafjallajokull erupted in Iceland, experts and amateurs (this amatuer included) were montioring the seimos and cams 24/7 and posting on that blog. When there is a volcano erupting somewhere in the world, scienceblogs.com... is a top site to go to.

With all of that said, Anak Krakatau has been erupting for several years. When the main volcano erupted in the 1883, it was enormous, changing global temperatures by a couple of degrees F, and caused enormous regional destruction.

Anak Krakatau, or child of Krakatau, is the volcano that was named in 1927 when evidence of a submarine eruption took place. Since the 1950's, Anak Krakatau has been growing on average, 5 inches per week. The most recent eruption took place in 2008.

It does deserve constant montioring, especially in light of its extremely violent past.

However, it is not cause for alarm. It is a violent volcano that does deserve constant monitoring, BUT it is not something to cause panic.

Here are the links for my information:

Wiki:
en.wikipedia.org...

Global Volcanism Program:
www.volcano.si.edu...

Volcano Live:
www.volcanolive.com...

Edited to add the ATS Volcano Thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 13-8-2010 by lasertaglover]

top topics

join