It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Vacations in 1 Month for Comrade Obama

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

4 Vacations in 1 Month for Comrade Obama

www.moonbattery.com

The five days back in the White House will be a horrible burden to the First Family. Thankfully, the Obama clan will take a third vacation, Aug. 14-15, to Florida's Gulf Coast, following charges of hypocrisy for vacationing in Maine earlier. As any PR pro will tell you, the best response to "out-of-touch" accusations is to face them head on. Preferably from a balcony, sipping a Cuban Mojito while watching Sols' golden rays paint the tarball-less beach in myriad shades of gold as the fiery orb slips 'neath the azure horizon with its green kiss.

But if the Obamas are anything li
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Do these people ever work??? Apparently not. No one is doing their job at the White House. Finding out about these 3rd and 4th vacations makes me sick. I have not had a vacation since 1988! I can't afford one.

Well I'm still denying ignorance and keeping close tabs on what these low lifes are up to.

www.moonbattery.com

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
You'll get used to it. Every President of the United States is on vacation at least a hundred times a year. Just more pointless bashing toward the current first family.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Don't forget-If hes on vacation, he can't pass any more crap.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
You'll get used to it. Every President of the United States is on vacation at least a hundred times a year. Just more pointless bashing toward the current first family.

And to be fair its not like its a real vacation. They still have the same 14 plus hour days. They do not even gets a day off, ever. However, you will find that that is popular to paint every President with this brush. It happens with every administration. Its an easy tool to manipulate the simple minded.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
That's not a vacation. That's a weekend.

To the Gulf Coast? Sounds like it just might be a bit work-related.

[edit on 8/12/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
im glad he is out of the white house on vacations. he cant sign stupid S*** and you dont have to here him read his telepromter for a few days. HOPE and CHANGE everyone HOPE and CHANGE!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I was going to say...a vacation is a weekend? Hell don't tell my bosses this they might tell me I've used up all my vacation time over the weekend.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
(I posted this in another thread, but I think it bears repeating as it pertains to the subject.)

Originally posted by drwizardphd
Presidential "vacation days" are a non-issue.

The president is never truly on "vacation". He is always a phone call away, always ready for business, and always ready to be whisked away at the slightest national security concern.

The fact is that presidents work extremely hard under very stressful conditions (just look at how much they age in one term of office), and taking 27 vacation days in a year is basically nothing for them. The president is on duty 24/7, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Just because they are in a different location than the whitehouse does not mean that at any moment they are off-the-job.

How many of you can say that about your 9-5's?

(And BTW, this is not meant to be partisan in any way. I am referring to all presidents, not just Obama or Bush, so please do not assume I am.)

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
If you were pres wouldnt you do the same?make the most of it,he may have insider information that time is running out for leisurely pursuits.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

(I posted this in another thread, but I think it bears repeating as it pertains to the subject.)

Presidential "vacation days" are a non-issue.

The president is never truly on "vacation". He is always a phone call away, always ready for business, and always ready to be whisked away at the slightest national security concern.

The fact is that presidents work extremely hard under very stressful conditions (just look at how much they age in one term of office), and taking 27 vacation days in a year is basically nothing for them. The president is on duty 24/7, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Just because they are in a different location than the whitehouse does not mean that at any moment they are off-the-job.

How many of you can say that about your 9-5's?

(And BTW, this is not meant to be partisan in any way. I am referring to all presidents, not just Obama or Bush, so please do not assume I am.)

i can say that about my "9-5". But i run a business myself. There is no one else to answer the phone if i don't answer.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
BALLA BALLA!!!!! HOOTIE HOOO!!! no seriously, does he roll around in a car with twenty fos?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
AHH point being is were trying to be fiscally responsible and get the nation back on its feet while he and his wife and his cronies are spending all this money to do their little vacations......

And guess whose paying for it?

Sure other presidents went on vacation, but not like this guy and his family have.......its like all the sudden they are "New Money" and they gotta show off and take huge trips......

Do you have ANY idea how much they are costing us just doing this?

I know it doesnt sound like a big deal, but its irresponsible , hypocritical and furthermore , spending more money is spending more money......

Which is the ONLY thing this president seems to be proficient at........spending everyones money, other than his.........

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starbug3MY

........Well I'm still denying ignorance and keeping close tabs on what these low lifes are up to.

www.moonbattery.com

Ha ha! Low lifes living the high life!

Meanwhile, back in the way back times, the folks who spent their time in the D.C. doing the people's work used to unazz the area for the entire summer because it was too hot, humid, stinky and mosquito infested to remain there.

No matter where the POTUS is, he's not off the clock. Yeah, something about constantly flying around, enjoying expensive digs and adventures irks me. But I suppose I just might be a bit jealous. And I can understand folks being frustrated dealing with a very lousy economic situation and watching the POTUS and First Family pretty much having the time of their lives. Especially when I recall a speech by Obama in which he mentioned that the economic times are tough and everyone of us must give up a "little skin" as we solve the problems. The Obama family seems to have all their skin intact, yes?

But this stuff isn't new. Not at all. I'm sure if Obama reclused himself in the Oval Office, Shelley stayed in the kitchen making us all some pies, and the little girls just went to school and came home and played in the Rose Garden, there would be many, many people complaining about that, too. Maybe even some of the same ones who complain about what seems to be excessive "vacations".

The First Family shouldn't be held in isolation in the White House, should they? I don't think so. None of the previous families had to endure that, either.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

You obviously have short term memory problems. Bush was on vacation during most of his 1st year in office. Including the time when He should have been listening to his National Security advisors about the threat Al CIAda was posing. Like say flying planes into skyscrapers.

But I forgot, it's not OK for Obama to do the same things as Bush or any other President for that matter. Are Presidents not allowed vacation?

The Anti-Obama people love hypocrasy.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

You obviously have short term memory problems. Bush was on vacation during most of his 1st year in office...

A lot of people here criticized Bush for taking too many vacations, too. Heck, I remember the pre-widespread-interent chatter about Reagan's long naps and Nixon's long weekends at Yourba Linda.

Why can't a person criticize both Bush and Obama? Why, in your mind, does any criticism of Obama translate automatically into support for Bush? This board is packed with people who are fed up with both parties. I'm one of them. (Please see my signature line).

I will always call out anyone, on the left or on the right, who tries to squeeze all political debate into a flat, one-dimensional spectrum marked "R" and "L." Claiming that "If you criticize idology X that means you automatically support ideology Y" is simply not true. Especially (thankfully) on this board.

[edit on 8/12/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
At least the First Lady was frugal. It only cost about $240,000. It's OK though because she reimbursed for the value of First Class tickets. I wonder what they serve on Air Force Two? Peanuts and a half can of Pepsi?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Thank you for pointing that out. This assuming all people are either Democrats or Republicans is getting old. It's like on the playground in grade school; "yeah, but my Daddy can beat up your Daddy". If only they knew that this constant bickering is exactly what they want. People never learn. They just keep falling for it.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DEEZNUTZ

It's as if you didn't even read what ManBehindThe Mask wrote before you commented. He clearly said that the problem for him is not the amount of vacations but the amount of money those trips cost the American taxpayer. Also, ditto what silent thunder said.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
At this low point in time for our nation, the reaction of the people to GWB actually meeting the troops at the airport to show his respect and thanks to the soldiers, well however you think Bush is, at least he was honest and sincere in speaking to these brave men and women straight on (without a fence between them). You could see the surprised looks and the joy to be met at home with a surprise like this. He was a CIC with real class.

It is just not the right time for the first family to be jetting off to everywhere. They should be here in America. Doing something!

I heard the 1st Family's dog got his own jet ride to New England.

[edit on 8122010 by Starbug3MY]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join