It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calais Migrants - CRS Brutality, UK Complicity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I've recently got to know some people associated with Calais Migrant Solidarity, who try and be witnesses to, and thereby curtail, police brutality against migrants in Calais.

One of my friends just got back and she was telling me about her month out there. She was elbowed in the face by one CRS guy, and on another occasion was wrestled to the ground in a headlock by another officer. She had to listen to the sound of one of the people she knew being beaten the other side of a wall and, when she tried to climb it, another CRS cop would pull her down. One of the people she'd met had been part of a hundred or so who'd tried to walk across the Sahara. It took over a month, and only about 60 got through. He showed her his mobile footage. The water they took was tained by being kept in petrol cans, so they couldn't drink more than a sip without feeling ill.

The migrants are constantly harassed and beaten up, and there has been hardly a mention of this in the UK press. It's said by those around me that there is an agreement that France can do what it likes as long as they don't get through to the UK. I don't know and have no time at the moment to research this: others may find stuff... I just want to see what people think about this.

join