It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old UFO Sighting, for whatever it is worth.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Hi ATS. I'm and old user of this site, though i haven't logged in for some years now I browse it as a visitor once in a while to check the new events.
Concerning my absence, life just keeps going and as I decided to stop looking for answers that no one had (well at least plausible ones) I concluded it wasn't worth to be obsessed with it, I just accept what I saw in the hope that some day I will be able to understand what it was.

The following event was witnessed by four persons at the same time and at the same place in the city of Coimbra in Portugal. It took place some 10 years ago in a clear night of August, i don't really recall the exact date. We used to take a short timeout every weekend of the month to recharge batteries in that rural area. We are relatives and live nearby, having known each other for as back as we can remember we were taking a walk just outside my house and talking, enjoying the serene and star filled night sky of that late august night. At a sudden point I noticed one of my relatives was starring upwards, what obviously caught my attention because sometimes we can observe shooting starts crossing the sky over there, so I just looked up as did my other relatives . There was as object above us that fairly resembles the one in this artist impression that I checked on google:

Concerning the alttitude of the object I can't determine, what I can tell is that there was a full moon that night and it's size was roughly the same as it. It was not directly above us because I had to turn my head backwards to be able to see it, but not totally backwards. The object was not moving as far as I could tell, it just stood there.

I suppose that I saw the bottom of it, thus the comparison with the image above. It was of a greyish tone and the other lights we're of a white tone. The inner light was much larger and it was also white but had a reddish glow to it. I don't know why but I got the impression it was pulsating a distinct red, but I can't assure on that detail.

I don't know for how long it had been there, but after I had my eyes on it when I realized what was happening I noticed we were just plain silent looking at the object. I starred at the object for less than a minute, i'm sure, and I moved my eyes around as if looking for an explanation but there was just silence. After this we just couldn't believe it and ran inside calling for everyone to watch this, by the time we came out of the house it wasn't there anymore.

Sadly I didn't own a decent camera at the time, we just owned those ready-to-snap kodak's and there weren't good cellphones with digital cameras at the time, if any, as far as I remember. Of course if I had a good camera probably wouldn't be carrying it at the time, so it was kinda pointless.

In the meanwhile I asked my relative who first saw it to describe what he had seen, he said it was just standing there when he looked up.

I know no one has an answer to what I saw, even if I had a picture or whatever material evidence of this event it would be highly questioned by everyone except me and my relatives. I just think that it deserves to be shared, whatever happens above our heads it sure does concern us all.

Edited to add: I had previously posted a thread on this subject some years ago, but this is more detailed.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by InfoIsPower]

join