It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civilian Pilot shot down over area 51

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I did a search for this and it did not come up... So, if this is old news please disregard. I was searching youtube for ATS like topics, wasting time and came across an Old Art Bell radio broadcast (2007?) where a pilot tries to fly into area 51. He is intercepted and them shot down by what he claims is a laser canon that rises out of a turret. Strange stuff. It is at least a good "war of the worlds" kind of broadcast. Do you think it is real?

sorry... found it here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Think it is worth some rediscovery though.

[edit on 8/12/2010 by axiomuser]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Um....that's really messed up right there.

Is it real? Hell if I know.

Is it totally screwed up beyond all comprehension? Yes.

If it's true, is that pilot an idiot? Yes.

If it's real, is he dead? Almost certainly.

Darwin Award anyone?

Crazy stuff...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
A couple of observations off the cuff from listening to it:

1. At one point the host mentions that it's night time. If this is the case how can he see the base, the F16 and the alleged turret?

2. The sound didn't seem right. That did not sound like he's airborne. Also, there were some dodgy sound effects in there, IE the supposed F16 sound and the sound of the turret firing. I've heard cellphone calls from aircraft before and they don't sound like that.

3. If he's ex USAF why did he describe the F16 as having two engines?

4. Why didn't the girlfriend or Art Bell investigate further? This would be headline news if it were true.

To me, it's a hoax and a bad one. Probably a publicity stunt for Bell.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I don't believe for a second that it was real.

For a start why could we hear sirens? he wasn't over the base he said himself he was 8 mins away, he said all kinds of doors where opening up below him with bright lights.

It was dark and bright lights below him yet he could see a weapon with a strange barrel? you cant see anything surrounded by a bright light in the dark, anything would be over powered by the light, all he would see would be a light no weapon.

Then you hear a loud bang and a few more words then nothing.

The sound does not make sense and either does him seeing any weapon through a bright light, also the sound of the jet sounds way off, there was no rumble when he said the jet was tilting his wings at him, then we hear a short noise like a jet passing, but it would have grown as it came closer and faded as it passed and moved away.

If he had 8 mins to the base, that means they had time on the ground, why send up a jet to shoot him down 1 min later, they never gave any chance to turning him around, it all happened to fast.

I am the most open minded person around, not that I believe everything, I use the information and work from that ending up most of the time with a perfectly reasonable explanation.

There is no way a pilot would fly into a restricted area like that without some kind of follow up information coming out, for example his GF why didn't she go to a news agency or even the police to report her BF missing.

Is there any information of reports of a missing person after this call?

Or information on the aircraft going down? or information on registration number that could be checked against ownership and location?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
You're a post thief, you've just expanded on my points.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by DeltaNine]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
It was a HOAX, no one got shot down.

General aviation aircraft accidentally landed there before. Of course they got a very unpleasant talking to before being sent on their way

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Art Bell? Bahahaha......
I have just one word to say on this, and other Art Bell topics/hoaxes i.e. "Mels' Hole", etc.
SPAMHAUS

[edit on 14-8-2010 by FosterVS]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I'm from the other side of the planet, Art Bell is well known for rubbish then?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Art Bell and Coast to Coast is known to have an open mind. The shows can be truth or fiction. For instance, Peter Lance has done Coast many times. I believe his books are well researched. Then again, Richard C. Hoaxland has spewed lots of nonsense on Coast.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
yeah this is old,
been discussed many times here,
and elsewhere.

But no one will ever know for sure if it's fake or not,
so why pretend like we do? lol

Most likely is bogus though.

But I seriously don't doubt that it could/would happen.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
You don't doubt that the USAF that a gigantic laser they use to shoot down aircraft?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I thought it was already common knowledge that the military had anti-vehicle laser technology?

www.usatoday.com...

www.wired.com...

They probably do have a more primitive "cannon" model that is ground based which is a secret predecessor to these new ones which will be airborne.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
You get a bunch of loony callers to Coast to Coast.

Art Bell, as well as George Norry, both love to play along with wierdo callers. They do it all the time.

No way it was real. Art Bell was just doing what he did best....playing along.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sremmos

If that's the case why bother to send up F16s?

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2010/8/30 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
this was broadcast on APRIL 1, 1997....
you make the connection lol

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

now thats just "SNIP" rude

MOD EDIT: to delete ("snip") circumvention of censors

[edit on 8/30/2010 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by C0bzz

now thats just frikkin rude

I don't think it's rude at all. Nobody here was proclaiming it to be true, and in all honesty, it's obvious that it's fake. Apologies if I offended anyone, for... um... stating the obvious.

[edit on 30/8/2010 by C0bzz]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I think this was the best "HOAX" call to the show.

Now if you have ever played Half Life you will get this hoax

if not read up on wikipedia about the plot of Half Life and Gordon Freeman then listen to the call.

"From Saturday morning, January 19, 2008. Someone posing as Gordon Freeman calls in on open lines. George Noory is apparently oblivious."

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
What an absolute bunch of horse S**t. This stinks of hoax. Listen to it again, if you can. The siren is all wrong for a start. Firstly, you would not be able to hear it in his cockpit, secondly, the pilot is airbourne and therefore moving. This means that the sound of the siren would be subject to doppler shift. The tone of the siren remained steady.
Also, this guy is throwing his aircraft around the sky trying to evade being shot at, yet he can fly one-handed and use his mobile phone? Good pilot.
He can see in the dark? Why use search lights to locate him? The engine sound was wrong too.

I will listen to it again and see what else I can pick up.
I used to listen to Art Bell, but after hearing this? I think I will forget him.

Edited to add comment:

Just read HomerinNC

this was broadcast on APRIL 1, 1997....
you make the connection lol

Yes, I get the connection. LOL

[edit on 30/8/2010 by TheLoneArcher]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join