It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sungazing For Mind/Body/Soul Safely!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
To start this off, I do not follow specific times, and the UV rating could be high, so this information, regarding safe sungazing is important, as a guideline, because when I do this, I follow my intuition, sense my body, primarily blink into the sun for a few seconds then close me eyes, and allow the inner colors, which relate to chakra colors to code me, and its such special relationship, a sense of being called out and sent in. Even so, I never do this when its bright or glaring or uncomfortable. And find that in the times given, for safe sungazing, I'm often called out naturally in the late afternoon/evening, near sunset. So alot of my intuition has chosen safety.

I decided to create this thread, because I've had others ask how I do this, and definitely want to promote safety, eye health, along with holistic health, mind/body/soul, and look at this issue with as much information as I can, and invite all who may have experienced how the sun affects them, synchronicities, or who may actual practice sungazing and what it does for their health.

So there is a safe time, 45 min- 1 hour relating to sunrise, and then again at the days end, with sunset. You can also check online for UV rating at that time. Also, there is a program an idea of how long, and how to build up. I'll find information on this and how to add it, but I do not follow programs myself, that would inhibit and limit me. I naturally did this less to begin with, and for longer stretches at times, and less at other times. Its intuitive for me. But there is a build up where they say to add 10 seconds each day until you work up to just over 40 minutes and then back to 15. I have also read to just keep at 15, and to add walking barefoot to absorb the earth's energy, to charge water 24 hours, glass jar, sealed, outside or on your window sill, and to drink this, fruit tree/vine ripened, filled with energy. I'm nearly always barefoot, so this is not surprise.

My own experiences are not only related to the health or physical, but the metaphysical. I roughly began sungazing (and its not every day, but is very frequent and sometimes more than once a day, and depends on weather too, and I don't make into a credo, or a program) since late last spring/summer. I also, had some experiences with HS and information increased that explains the connection I feel. I have no credo save Love, but I do have beliefs, strong ones, though Love is the credo, beliefs can be metaphors and learning tools. I see the sun not as God or an angel, really a computer program in a digital holographic school, to be precise the input system and our collective consciousness, and a phoneline home.

I want to add to this thread slowly, but to begin will add a good video/documentary I found that involved brain scan tests and eye examinations, so there is evidence as well.

Sungazing documentary part 1 of 2.mov

Sungazing documentary part 2 of 2.mov

www.earthclinic.com...
good information and on how it affects the pineal.

sunlightenment.com...
Endocrine Secretions During Sungazing

The key is to pay attention to the body. Even if an article suggests other times, it best to caution everyone to think of the safest times only, and that is closest to dawn and sunset, otherwise excercise caution.

My health benefits have been energy, health increase, dramatic. With my chronic fatigue syndrom I went from being ill Nov-April almost back to back for 10 or more years to being ill twice and under the weather somewhat. Increased energy, decreased headaches, which I get alot, used to be nearly 3 times a week by energy exhaustion in early afternoon on. Now its more like once or twice a month. Happier, mood changes, more vivid dreams, more memories of dreams, and also, preference of this to long meditation sessions, now, I can miss and still gain. Contact with Higher Self, and lots of encouragement, positive thoughts come, problem solving.

Its affected me, mind/body/soul!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Is there any real credible scientific studies that prove this? Not from sites that have an obvious bias. I really wouldn't risk my eyesight to a couple new age sites.

The documentary is also homemade. Honestly it kinda seemed like a parody to me.

And to the relief of your symptoms. Maybe you are just outside more so you are probably more active, getting vitamin D, etc. Being outside also introduces you to bacteria that has been linked to increase of intelligence and depression.

"Exposure to specific bacteria in the environment, already believed to have antidepressant qualities, could increase learning behavior, according to research presented at the 110th General Meeting of the American Society for Microbiology in San Diego."

www.sciencedaily.com...

And of course there is always a placebo factor as well.

[edit on 8/12/2010 by mnmcandiez]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

I guess you didn't watch the video where there was found on the scan done, a real noticeable difference, a whole brain experience, and no damage to the eyes either, of course he's doing it safely.

There are lots of trails to follow, but like all buried things, its not mainstream. Mainstream to me is a world run by psychotic murdering bloodlines, bankers, relators, corporations with an insane destruction of our planet, and human life. So, I'm not mainstream, and never will be.

Watch the videos and read the link. Someone with a bit more interest in bought off scientific things, could search for the trails, if I stumble upon them I'll add the. But the video above shows tangible physical testable results.

I experienced it first hand and had wonderful experiences metaphysically, connected to HS, and huge health benefits, which I've been living with , noting every day.

Its up to you to find that out for yourself. But I'm a inner seeker, not an outer seeker.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I have been sun-gazing now since Feb/March of this year. I always was someone who recognized the benefits of the Sun because I suffer from SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder), my symptoms range from deep depression to severe emotional outbursts. The Sun has always been of great comfort to me. As a gardener I always have a tan throughout the Winter.

I used to do the same thing, I would gaze for only a moment and then I would close my eyes and feel the energy through my eyelids; often it was quite intense even with my eyes closed.

I also was someone who would sneeze in fits when I exposed my eyes directly to the Sun. I have found that now I rarely sneeze and if I do it is quite an exhilarating feeling. If I explained to anyone what I feel is happening to me when I sneeze from the Sun I am sure "crazy" would the kindest words. LOL (so no don't ask)

At any rate, I too use intuition and often feel it calling to me as if it has some new information for me. Initially when I began sun-gazing it was so intense that 20 seconds seemed like an eternity of over-stimulation, my eyes would gush out with tears and I had to pry my eyelids open. (it is odd that I have had many dreams over the years where I am driving or doing something when suddenly I go blind because the light is so intense that I cannot open my eyes--this is exactly like my dreams).

At first I managed 2 minutes, then I was up to 10 minutes, but now I can look into the Sun for up to an hour if I want to. No blinking, just looking directly into the Sun. My eyes do not hurt. They rarely water and if they do I discontinue for a few minutes. I do not have to look away any more.

I do it in the evenings because I cannot do it in the mornings. To the East of me are a set of mountains that reach an additional 2000 ft above me, so by the time the Sun does rise it has been up for over an hour. To the West it is pure horizon for me. It is interesting though because there is a dormant volcano to the East and the Sun sets on the North side of it during the Summer and on the South side of it during the Winter. In between each equinox I get to see the Sun set exactly on its top, it appears to me like a pyramid and is quite dramatic of a sunset.

I do not feel my eyes worsening. I have always worn glasses my entire life because of the shape of one of my corneas. I actually see 90 degrees as more like 85 degrees to the left. For me to look at a 'square' to determine 90 degrees looks off.

What have I noticed? Well physically the Sun is gorgeous. You can see a pattern across it that is very similar to the photographs I see on sites such as this one: Radiowave Propagation Center I have often compared that day to the actual pictures on this site and I can see that what I am seeing is real and not just some phenomenon of my eyes and the perception of something so bright.

I have noticed that my thoughts go blank. Seriously, my mind is a chatter box of ideas and thoughts and pictures, but when I sun-gaze I find silence!

I often have to remind myself that as the sun is setting, and me being in the southwestern US, that I am actually seeing the Sun laying on its side, with the North axis towards our North. I am sure it must be slightly different but too often I would think what I was looking at was up and down at any angle and that is not a correct perspective.

What do I achieve by doing this? I am feeding my soul and my cells and my thoughts. I am refreshing myself and cleansing myself. I use the time to pray. I say our Lord's Prayer daily. I recognize and verbalize that I am speaking to our Father Sky and our Mother Earth through the Sun of God.

Would I recommend it? Sure go burn your retinas, the worst that could happen is you sneeze too hard and detach them! LOL Sorry, people put junk in their mouths, I have no advice for or against this practice. So really do not take my post as a validation of this practice. I sun-gaze for me, and my level of intensity is only my nature.

I do think that when and if the Sun should suddenly blast us, I will have more time to "see", and I will have more time to move about whereas the average office person or the person who stays inside will not be prepared at all and will go blind. There is a prophetic warning of such things, and I believe Science also has spoken of the possibility often. (you can ask for a link on this one, but it would be redundant for me since I am a sun-gazer) LOL

Cheers! Happy Sun-Gazing!

Oh yes, I forgot to mention, I never ever look at the Sun with my Glasses on. Never! If I am walking along and want to see the Sun, I simply look over my Glasses.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Sun Gazing

I'm going to include these as they discuss some of the findings but also, the best times of the day. He has many beliefs concerning sungazing that may or may not be true, to me its more about balance, and intuition, for those seeking, who respond to inner nudges, Higher Self and search for more answers. So I don't believe (yet) that the sun replaces nutrients from food or that it alone is a cure for all ailments. Its a tool, a phone line home and connection to Higher Self and Family of Light, and thus a relationship, and there are many tools, such as the nutrients that you need to eat to receive, vitamins c amongst others. If it could be that much more, I keep thinking how a world without the pleasure of taste would be a sadder place.

But for those who can glean through info, there is alot presented and I rather liked these videos, except, no one will ever catch me in a routine, rigid or controlling. Its the opposite of going with inner nudges.

Sun Gazing

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

I can relate to what you've written, and its almost like being called. In late afternoon,when there is still UV, I blink through leaves. But in the evening, or pre-setting, when I just found out now there is no UV, that explains why I can stare at it, without blinking or watering (which I'm prone to). So this was accidentally discovered, the information about the UV related to the experience already being that way.

Health actually improves from gazing into the sun and becoming charged with the cosmic energy. And my headaches almost vanished, before this only sleep worked to take them away, they would often be pre-migraine level, due to bottoming out of energy very early in the day.

But the sun offers synchronicity too. For example, it will brighten your entire room, when a wonderful positive thought comes to mind. If you kept a journal of this there would be more synchronicities than you can shake a stick at. And, not too long ago I was feeling defeated by our family situation, just blue. The sun was hidden behind thick clouds all day. At the door, suddenly it was if guides were there, family and thought after positive thought of being gentle with self, put it all in perspective, use humor (the two young ones fight alot and do not get along and my energy is far too low to be a non-stop referee and I need to be able to talk to people, negotiate and communicate rather than punish), and to really just be happy, know you have love and you're doing a good job. It was an incredible pep talk and at that moment I looked up, and for the only time that day, the sun was almost emerged, a huge glow.

The sun isn't the same for everyone, I've been told. It will brighten up and grow larger, while I'm sungazing, warming me. Even in winter I was able to be in tshirt sungazing at times.

Another benefit is my winter light therapy lamp that I got for energy depletion, not depression because I rarely stay down for long, was barely used this year, it seemed to bright and garish, artificial after sungazing.

I notice that some who I've written to from northern europe, scandivia, and nearby countries, seem to suffer from depression. And this is so needed. If nothing else a winter light, especially if there is alot of cloud or lack of sunlight. But, to get as much sun in as you can safely, should be a priority for those suffering from the blues.

Yes its beautiful. Someone said she pictures just swimming in it, its so gorgeous and replenishing.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I did watch the video for your information. Just because there is no damage done doesn't mean anything. Show me medical proof that sun gazing cures health aliments and then we can begin to talk logically.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

This is a metaphysics tool, much akin to chakra meditations, the benefits are scientific when that is released, as you saw, it provides whole brain benefits, and does not do eye damage.

However, there is no requirement to show how it benefits, that would be a different thread in a different category, this is a holistic health meditative tool. Also, I've already given testimony, and I am, and count a lot like everyone does. As with all metaphysics tools, you have to decide to pursue yourself, I can only nudge and recommend it.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I wanted to share my view of Sunset. This is tonight and we may get showers later!

I wanted to show how much this dormant volcano reminds me of a pyramid. Just South of this peak there is a large ancient lava field; on Google Earth it is quite dramatic. I say dormant but most folks here say "extinct", but no volcano is ever extinct in my opinion.

This is Picacho Peak.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fb0fef853006.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5878befacdce.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Today, I was called out for approximately 10 minutes, about a half hour ago, so early evening (basically just after 6 in the summer time) while there is still some UV rays, and felt myself when it was time to go in. And it felt right, so I was researching UV rays themselves, because I recalled that they were needed, some where good, and that the sunblocks, a huge multibillion dollar industry, actually blocks the wrong rays out. I found some information as well.

www.sciencelearn.org.nz...

UV rays trigger vit D, helps some skin conditions, helps moods by stimulating the pineeal gland, helps some animals visions, aids some insects navigation, useful for disinfection.

www.totalhealthbreakthroughs.com...

But none of these studies proved that the sun was the leading culprit in basal cell and squamous cancers. And none of them detected any relationship between sunburn and melanoma, which is the one cancer that kills.

Melanoma often appears between the toes and in other areas of the body where “the sun never shines.” If the sun were the leading cause of skin cancer, how could that be?

The studies that were funded by the sun block companies never bothered to answer these questions. Instead they lobbied the government to spread the word that the best way to prevent all forms of skin cancer (including melanoma) was to use sun block. And so the myth was born!Here are a few facts that you should know about sun block and skin cancer:...

Sunscreen blocks your production of vitamin D...

Lifeguards in Australia have the lowest rates of melonama...

sunscreen does not block all the rays of the sun...

Not only will sunscreens NOT protect you from skin cancer, they will INCREASE your chances of getting all forms of cancer, including breast cancer, prostate cancer and lung cancer....

As a hormone, Vitamin D influences the entire body. Almost every type of human cell has receptors that respond to vitamin D. Which means your body is designed to make vitamin D from exposure to sunlight....

What happens is this: depending on the amount of stress you are under, you may need just 2000 units of Vitamin D or 20,000. You can’t tell how much you need by taking your pulse or using some other artificial device. But you can tell simply by noticing that your skin feels like it has had enough....

The sunlight produces two types of ultraviolet light: UV-A and UV-B...

It discusses that UV-A causes the deadly form of cancer, and yet it is the ray that sunblock allows in, whereas the UV-B is essential for health, and is blocked.

This is essential information.

I always trust my body, my guidance, HS, and apparently, the timing is always right. 10 minutes today felt right, with the UV. The evening is nice, but we need some UV-b, for our health as well.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Wonderful pictures, thank you so much for sharing. The dormant volcano is a marker, and contains many mysteries.

You are very fortunate to be experiencing this as your back yard, if I ever can travel to anywhere, four corners is the most appealing to me. I had to go and find some pictures online here

I said that was a marker before I even knew the area.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
www.bmj.com...

BMJ - helping doctors make better decisions

Sunlight prevents cancer, study says

Owen Dyer London

Insufficient exposure to ultraviolet radiation may be an important risk factor for cancer in western Europe and North America, according to the author of a new study that directly contradicts official advice about sunlight.

The research, published this week in the journal Cancer (2002;94:1867-75), examined cancer mortality in the United States.

This is what I suspected all along. We need to trust our own instincts, and go with what level of d we are needing. Our body will tell us we've had too much usually anywhere from 10-20 minutes, perhaps longer in winter months, depending on stress. Of course this means, short blinkning/gazing, nothing more than a few seconds. But can do this for 10 or more minutes.

itamin D: Essential for Prevention of Diseases

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
this is an interesting concept, and new for me, thanks for posting

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
www.natures-health-foods.com...

In 1982, the British medical journal the Lancet reported on the relationship between skin-cancer and sun exposure.

The researchers found that those whose main activity was outdoors had the lowest risk of developing skin-cancer.

Other studies have yielded the same results.

An overview of all of the published research reported in the International Journal of Cancer revealed that multiple studies show that people with “heavy occupational exposure” to the sun have significantly lower risk of melanoma.
High, lifetime recreational sun exposure lowers your risk.

Additional studies performed at the British Columbia Cancer Agency confirmed that the higher your lifetime recreational sun exposure, the lower your risk of skin-cancer.

Lifeguards in Australia have the lowest rates of melanoma.

In the February 2, 2005 issue of the Journal of the National Cancer Institute a study confirmed that exposure to the sun reduces the risk of skin-cancer.

Not only this, but heart disease, bone loss, depression and mental disorders, personality disorders, so many disorders and diseases are caused from lack of sunlight, particularly UV.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
www.healingcancernaturally.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...
Areas with more sunshine have lower rates of ovarian cancer.

onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

The Western Canada Melanoma Study, however, also detected a significant inverse association between melanoma and chronic or longterm occupational sun exposure in men, with the lowest risk (OR = 0.5) in those with maximum occupational exposure, suggesting that chronic exposure may be protective. Data obtained from Canadian census figures indicated that since 1951 there has been a substantial reduction in the number of males engaged in outdoor occupations in Canadian society.

The words used in the British Columbian study, my own province, was that there was a sigificant inverse finding, in which the lowest risk were those with the maximun exposure.

I don't why I'm thinking this way, but with the extreme fatigue, depressions, suicides, cancers, on the one hand, and extortion of billions of dollars on the other, this is murder for profit and they should be taken to court and charged.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
www.sungazing.org...

This site contains global sunsrise and sunset maps.

phoenixtools.org...
Sungazing Testimonial / Case History

This is a beautiful site, lovely picture of Spain. I want to learn photography.

The other links on the side are very intersting as well. Such a joyful site, heartfilled, insightful.

www.naturalnews.com...

Warning people to avoid sunshine causes more harm than good; lack of sunshine responsible for many diseases, says research

en.wikipedia.org...
Full spectrum light! I have a full spectrum light box, used for many treatments including SADs and acne.

Its not like sunlight!

www.naturalnews.com...
Osteoporosis

www.naturalnews.com...

There are a lot of different light therapies being invented, but sunlight is free, and we a high need for it.

www.healthresearchforum.org.uk...
Sunlight Robbery

www.medicalnewstoday.com...
Sunshine warnings are making people ill rather than protecting them

I find it interesting the amount of therapies that are costly and involve light, when the best is natural, and free.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I never knew people sun gazed. I have always done this, not sure why. I usually stare at it during sunset when it isn't so bright. I close my eyes and it just feels nice on my face. I will look at it when it isn't so bright and then I close my eyes. Some times I see these 3 bright spots that are always in triangle form, it's annoying when I look too much and I see those for about 5mins everytime I blink

I am not a fan of being in the sun since it's too hot here but in the morning hours or early evening I like to sit outside on my balcony and watch the sun come up or go down.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I learned about this sometime in the spring and started then. I got up to about 15 - 20 minutes before my life got extremely busy. I'm finding it difficult to get back into meditation routines but i'm not going to force it. But anyways, sun-gazing was an instant favourite for me.

Feel tired? 3 minutes of direct sunset staring..

Wanna feel more then just awake? Rejuvinated and full of life? look at it for 15 minutes.

I haven't gone like an hour or anything but i'm curious. don't know if its been mentioned in the thread but the light passing through the eyes during these times of day generates melatonin, which could account for the euphoria and human instinct to watch the sun/rise set. We often forget we are animals too and we have our instincts how to interact with our world.

The melatonin increase also adds for some quality sleep and vivid dreams.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
[edit on 13-8-2010 by CavemanDD]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I have a friend who I told about sungazing and he was hesitant for a few months, even though I explained that during these times there were no harmful UV rays. I know, because I fried my eyes doing this in the middle of the day once, your eyes hurt and vision is blurred for a day! not so good.

But anyways, he tried it once and he's a big fan now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join