It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google and the strange anniversaries they celebrate.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I have noticed a lot of talk about numerology on here. I have also noticed that a lot of people on here seem to be quite knowledgable in this field.

I also noticed google getting a fair amount of attention mainly in the threads by ignoranceisntbliss and a few others.

Then I noticed this article today commenting on google's celebration of the 71st anniversary of "The Wizard Of Oz". In it there are several other strange anniversaries mentioned. Seems like google almost never celebrates a nice round number when it comes to anniversaries.

I wonder if there could be anything to these numbers? Could they have some significance? Any ideas would be appreciated.

www.csmonitor.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Well, I do agree that they celebrate some odd days. This is true.

But I would like to point out today's Google icon of the "Wizard of Oz" is not as weird as many of their others, at least to me it's not that odd.

Who has not seen "The Wizard of Oz"? I think almost every Westerner knows about it and has seen it.

I even let my little girl watch it when she was 4, and she really liked it. I watched it with her and explained things to her so she wasn't scared or confused about things. She knows it's fake.

But also, "Wizard of Oz" is an incredibly important book (and later film) that is steeped in a lot of history. It is a integral part of our modern culture, that is for sure.

It is one of our "modern myths" that we pass down through the generations, and it has been loved/hated (mostly loved) by countless people throughout the world.

So yes I can understand why it's being celebrated.

Now if you really wanna get into some weird stuff, go read up on the history of the book and film. Go read into the lives of the actors who were in the original film.

There is some incredibly eye opening things you will find out about.

Like how the Tin man got sick because of the aluminum paint or whatever they put on him etc. And what happened to Judy Garland.

There is some definite conspiracy material in there, and some "wow we humans are idiots" material as well.

Here is a link to the 1939 film.
en.wikipedia.org...(1939_film)

And here is a link to the original book.
"The Wonderful Wizard of Oz"
en.wikipedia.org...

It's totally worth taking the time out to read up on this subject. There is a ton of information about this subject, and I highly recommend people research into it as you will find TONS of oddities!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
h ttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:WizardOfOzTechnicolor.jpg

I can't get the link to work on ATS so copy paste it and take out the space at the front of it. (In between the H _ TTP).

This is the photo that was redone for today's Google icon.

Just though I'd share it.

Also the link above for the 1939 film, make sure to select the correct category for "1939 film" to get to the correct wiki article.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by muzzleflash]

[edit on 12-8-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply, muzzleflash. I wasn't thinking along those lines before you posted that.
I was more thinking the fact they almost never celebrate "normal" anniversaries. Not specifically Wizard Of Oz, but all the different "oddball" anniversaries they have celebrated. I just find it strange and wanted others ideas. Thanks for sharing yours. :-)

top topics

join