It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Protestors Suit of Armor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
You can't make this stuff up. Apparently the Copehagen Institute of Interactive Design has come up with a protective and utilitarian suit for all of you hardcore protestors out there. Named, C.O.P. , this suit was inspired by the COP15 protests, according to the site.

The C.O.P suit is designed to be completely self-sustainable – utilising kinetic energy from common gestures in a protest situation (the fist thrust triumphantly into the air, the swinging of a baton or the force of a strike to the armor) to power the megaphone, making rioting hard on the ears, but easy on the conscience

I saw this and figured I would share. Not a bad idea, until they single you out for more hurt...
At least the other protestors will be able to hear you get the crap kicked out of you.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by djvexd]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Hahahaha. Anyone wearing that is basically saying "Hit me, hit me now!". I'm all for protecting protestors but making yourself a target isn't a good way of going about it.

Now a thin set of metal plates under the shirt with an insulating layer to stop stun gun darts piercing your skin is a fine idea

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
Hahahaha. Anyone wearing that is basically saying "Hit me, hit me now!". I'm all for protecting protestors but making yourself a target isn't a good way of going about it.

Now a thin set of metal plates under the shirt with an insulating layer to stop stun gun darts piercing your skin is a fine idea

Don't forget ear plugs if the police try using the sonic weapons they've got now...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Protesters....Too many Indians and not enough Chiefs!

The protesters would be better off buying their own riot gear, shields and batons and doing battle with the police using the old school Roman testudo formation.

While the "Hippy Legion" is holding the cops attention on the front, a batallion of trained SCA ultimate badasses will flank them in a pincer movement....

There will be Protester VICTORY and they can start ransoming the cops back for Beer and Pizza!

Return the captured firearms with torch cut receivers and keep the riot gear to arm "Yuppy Legion".

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bismarcksea

As heroic and cool as that sounds (to you) there is a reason SWAT teams are always deployed in backup to protests. And that is the primary reason. You start something like that and people will die and the majority won't be the cops.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I agree with the above. Concealing you're protection is a far better way to be left alone. I can imagine someone wearing that getting tackled by 10 cops before he or she can voice his or her case.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
reply to post by bismarcksea

As heroic and cool as that sounds (to you) there is a reason SWAT teams are always deployed in backup to protests. And that is the primary reason. You start something like that and people will die and the majority won't be the cops.

That might be just the threshold event that finally gets the majority of Americans up and ready to do what needs to be done. A single encounter with real protesters, not the middle-age hippies we've got now, might galvanize people into action.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

No offense but even galvanized people "un-galvanize" when gunshots ring out.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

Ummm. How is this gonna protect them against tear gas, rubber bullets, and chokeholds? Also, wearing this will make you a bigger target. Police would enjoy beating you since the suit is soft on the knuckles. And, if the police are riled up and want to hurt you yet you laugh at their face, prepare for a world of pain.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by guppy

read past the intial sentence.....

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
everyone:

don't let this 'protester suit' fool you, you SHOULD NOT have to be prepared to be beat down just for speaking out on corrupt government!

thanks for posting djvexd, it is nonetheless and interesting suit of armor and a great technological feat, i just think it's a sad day when a person cannot voice their opinion about something peacefully and lawfully without being fully prepared to take a beating

[edit on 8/14/2010 by indigothefish]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

I agree wholeheartedly...it is the overzealous and anarchists that tend to fug things up and distort the meaning of said protests.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow

I agree with the above. Concealing you're protection is a far better way to be left alone. I can imagine someone wearing that getting tackled by 10 cops before he or she can voice his or her case.

Erm, the idea is that you get an equal or greater number of armoured protestors vs the cops. Then when 10 cops try jumping 1 protestor another 100 protestors jump the 10 cops

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Lame. Why not just use regular body armor like the police? It's not too hard to find kevlar/ceramic vests.

top topics

join