It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow-Meteor Shower incoming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Greetings Brothers and Sisters,

Meteor spectacle 'set to dazzle' A view captured during the 2009 Perseid meteor shower The annual display is caused by debris from the comet Swift-Tuttle Sky-watchers could be in for "fantastic views" over the next two days as the Perseid meteor shower reaches its peak. According to Nasa, the shower could produce a display of up to 80 meteors per hour. "A waxing crescent moon will set before the shower becomes active, setting a perfect stage for meteor watching," said the US space agency on its website. Experts are urging people to head away from city lights for the best views.

Source

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by True-seer

I Just love stuff like this i really hope i get to see something.

I thought it too spectacular not to share. Get your eyes on the Sky's

Kind Regards
True-seer

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Some area's in the UK in the East Midlands is a possibility as my sister's friend has been watching them and it happen's after 11 pm on a thursday night which is tonight the 12th August, 2010 and occur's until friday morning. I've read 10 meteor's per hour, a potential of 60 to 100 in the night. People are saying different thing's, who knows.

CX

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Theres an ongoing thread here too....

Perseid meteor shower 2010: Nasa says stargazers to enjoy dazzling space show

I went out into the garden to watch it with the kids tonight, saw a couple then it clouded over.

So i would like to give a round of applause to the great British weather for ballsing up one of the few amazing sights we see here.

Saw a few last night though so all is not lost.

CX.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I dragged our youngest out to the East coast of Yorkshire and sat wrapped up drinking hot chocolate and were rewarded with the sight of six or seven really good trails across the night sky, but then it clouded over so we came home.

They are very clear when they streak over, it's well worth the effort of going out to see them.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I've just seen one very faintly and it was cool
over East Midlands heading South of the Hemisphere. And I was watching another bright white sphere turning in the sky and travelling really fast. It wasn't a satellite either, freaky stuff! Then my sis tell's me she saw something out in the back garden from her bedroom window and I was outisde in the back garden and felt the presence of something there but couldn't see anything, that doesn't mean there wasn't an entity stood observivg me. lol :/

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
UGH, here in Berkeley it has been foggy at night and I haven't been able to see anything, triple conjunction or meteors. Hopefully tonight the fog will stay away and I will be able to see the stars!

Crossing fingers!

top topics

join