It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who brings you those beautiful underwater pictures?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I was reading a back issue of National Geographic last night and came on an article and the work Of David Doubilet:

David Doubilet, one of the world’s premier underwater photographers, has shot primarily for NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC since 1971. Doubilet’s more than 40 assignments for the magazine have propelled him from the Red Sea to the Great Barrier Reef of Australia, from Japan’s Suruga Bay to Monterey Bay in California. The consummate artist, Doubilet also writes most elegantly about the moods and magic of this underwater world.

www.nationalgeographic.com...

David is a master at bringing the undersea world to life for us. That link is to just 11 of his pics and thought. Here's more:

www.daviddoubilet.com...

Ever wonder, damn that's beautiful but didn't know, or think about, who brought these pics to you? Well now you can thank DD.

Edit to add: Many different forums on that second link and to choose the next picture in any of them they are at above the existing picture.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by intrepid]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Awesome post! I know I often wonder about the story behind the lens, I don't think that most photographers and other people behind the scenes get the credit they deserve...thank you, s/f

join