It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge: CA same-sex marriages start Wednesday

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimplyGord
reply to post by Annee

How is it known that no church will be required to perform gay marriage? Has it been tested in court or written into California law? If a Catholic JOP is forced to do the marriage why not a Catholic priest?

In Canada churches receive tax breaks. This is what the gay activists preyed on: Publicly funded / do public duty.

Because we have different laws.

Religion has a right to their belief within their organization. They will not be forced to go against their believe within their own confines.

Big question is - - within their own organization will they mandate gay marriage? There are gay debates within specific religious groups.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Thank you for reply on previous discussion. I would like to jump into your discussion wtih SimplyGord.

I have heard this discussion that they will aim on any church organization who use tax exempt (501C*) on tithing. Based on 501c* laws and rules, they did stated that they can't discrimination any person or they will lose tax exempt.

Suppose Gay couple choose a church to marry them and they decline due their belief. Gay couple can file compliant to government and that church will lose tax exempt.
However, it's a talk that I heard from around here. Another rumors that ACLU are working with gay and lesbian community to make it happen. Is it a fact? The future will tell.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

same-sex marriages start Wednesday

Wednesday? Who the HELL gets married on a Wednesday?

This has to be a diabolical conspiracy against the gays somehow.

I mean, come on, WEDNESDAY?

And what's with that kooky spelling anyway? Do they really need "dnes" in the middle of that just to make everyone spell it wrong half the time?

Mark my words, nothing good can come of starting something like this on a Wednesday...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aslpride
reply to post by Annee

Thank you for reply on previous discussion. I would like to jump into your discussion wtih SimplyGord.

I have heard this discussion that they will aim on any church organization who use tax exempt (501C*) on tithing. Based on 501c* laws and rules, they did stated that they can't discrimination any person or they will lose tax exempt.

Suppose Gay couple choose a church to marry them and they decline due their belief. Gay couple can file compliant to government and that church will lose tax exempt.
However, it's a talk that I heard from around here. Another rumors that ACLU are working with gay and lesbian community to make it happen. Is it a fact? The future will tell.

All I can say is - - I don't think that will ever happen.

Even if there is some legal loophole to force a church to marry gays - - I don't think it will ever be allowed. And it shouldn't.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aslpride
reply to post by Annee

What you have here is an unfounded fear, a gay couple cannot get the government to force a church to marry them. Freedom of Religion is just that Freedom of Religion. It is the same reason that The Salvation Army and the Boy Scouts do not have to hire gays. They are private organizations with a set belief system and to force them to do something not in accordance with those beliefs is not within the scope of the governments power. Should the government try to revoke their tax exempt status on the basis of not marrying homosexual couples the courts would strike it down as unconstitutional.

[edit on 8/13/2010 by Jovi1]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Why is gay marriage even an issue.

They should be allowed the misery, fighting and hatefulness that we heterosexuals enjoy in the confines of marriage.

I see absolutely no reason why gays should be denied the pleasures of nasty divorces, custody battles, prenuptial agreements, courts and lawyers that have made this great land what it is to day.

A dysfunctional family should be the right of every citizen in America regardless of race, color, creed or sexual orientation.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by whaaa]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join