It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is wrong with my U2U! button?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Rarely do I get any privet messages. My U2U! icon is always showing for some weird reason. Can someone help me take it off. A while back I open a message in a different window then I sent it. That's when it starting acting weird.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Rebel I tried sending you a message to see if it works for you. But then I got an error message so maybe its screwed up for me now.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
try deleting all the current messages in your folder, or move them to the saved folder. sometimes, the u2u will stay read if the sender reads or deletes their sent message before it's opened on the receivers end.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

There's a good chance that it's because someone sent you a u2u with a different capitalization of your username than you use (like Romantic_rebel for instance).

If you can identify the message that's causing it and delete it or save it to your saved-messages folder it should go away.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

Someone may have sent a U2U to you with the wrong capitalisation.

So your username is Romantic_Rebel for example and someone may have sent a U2U as romantic_rebel thus bringing up the glitch of the U2U button that never goes away.

If you delete that U2U then the problem should be fixed.

this thread may be helpful.

ETA: I'm too late.
lol

[edit on 12-8-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Thanks guys for helping me out! I had two very old unread messages. Next time I should clean my mailbox daily.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
Thanks guys for helping me out! I had two very old unread messages. Next time I should clean my mailbox daily.

LOL duh!
I wish I had that problem!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

lol.
Thanks again ET Warrior!

new topics

top topics

join