It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin Quayle, the 2012 GOP ticket

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDebunkMachine

Let's get this straight, his father WAS the worst VP in history. Or at least he was the dumbest.

"We will have the best educated Americans in the world" - Dan Quayle

"The future will be better tomorrow" - Dan Quayle

And those were only the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Let's get this straight, his father WAS the worst VP in history. Or at least he was the dumbest.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

beg to differ mr jo biden makes qualye look like a genius

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
A Palin/Quayle ticket would be handing the election to the Democrats on a silver platter. With a side of fries.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
That's it guys, throw a little humor into this thread, that was part of the intended purpose. We need more humor in U.S. politics these days.

If we can't laugh at another Quayle running for office, what can we laugh at.l

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Smack

"Niceties of Marx".

Now that is a hoot statement on that absurd line of logic Marx put out.

I see communism as intellectual masturbation, I just happen to see the concept of the free market in the same light.

They both attack individual liberty in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I see communism as intellectual masturbation, I just happen to see the concept of the free market in the same light.

I will agree with you on principle, that the pure free market is much like a perfect vacuum - it doesn't exist in nature. Where I part ways with you, is the notion that Marx's perverted view of economics in any way resembles my, Ron Paul, Mises, or even Adam smith's view. It doesn't.

And Palin Quayle? I thought it was a joke. I guess it really is, but it is kinda sick. It reminds me of Mike Judge's Idiocracy. /mourn america

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
To start, whoever conceived this story so far out is doing nothing but reaching for headlines. No one has even announed, why throw a nomination and ticket up?

Next, unlike most on here, I have met both Palin and Dan. Not his son however. Before attacking me as a right winger, I have met Gore, both Clintons, and Biden. I have nothing but good to say about all of them as human beings. Yes, I disagree with most of their thoughts, but as people, they are all concerned about our nation, their families, and themselves. Just like all of us. Sure we can type how someone can't spell (hell, I can't), how someone says the wrong thing, how podunkville is meaningless.

Fact is, they are people to, when you start to make them your primary goal in life (David about Beck) they become demigods and we give them power over us. No matter what party or person. People are people, when we see politicos as something different, we are conceding or rights to their whim.

Back from my rant, Palin will likely run, if she gets it, VP will be Beck, Jindal, or Pawlenty. More likely is Pawlenty winning the GOP nod, picking either Palin or someone more mid-stream and defeating Obama. Media hates Palin, that will cost her the nomination.

As for Paul, or Bork, or Nalapano, the libertarian movement may be gaining strength, but if they could get the nod, Palin would get it first.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

That's somewhat true. I think I'll wait till his term is over before I decide that though.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

We say Potato...Quayle says PotatoE.

"Bank failures are caused by depositors who don't deposit enough money to cover losses due to mismanagement."

- Dan Quayle

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Smack

Well, that is a step forward, at least a start.

You might want to consider what free market economics has done to Iceland, Ireland, and Mongolia back in the day.

Sadly, there is much in common between communism and free market economics.

At least Free Market economics recognizes the need for competition and property rights.

But no system is going to function well without laws, an Evenly Enforced Fair Set of Rules, for everyone, including businesses and corporations.

But what is really bothering is that the people who support Free Market economics also take people like Palin and Quayle seriously.

Quayles candidacy is such a joke it is pathetic. He contributed regularly to a gossip site called the "The Dirty" where he claimed his search for the hottest girl. Of course he is running on family values.

Hey, at least those of us on the liberal side laugh at our pol's gaffs.

Here is a good one from Biden.

blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

2. Joe Biden tells a former Senate colleague who addresses him as “Mr Vice-President” to “give me a f—ing break”:

While Biden is prone to a long running case of foot in mouth disease, he is a heck of a lot smarter than apparently anyone on the Qayle family.

I stand by the subject line. Palin/Quayle makes perfect sense for the repub party 2012 pres nom. They are a perfect match.

They have gone that far off the beaten path.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by salchanra

They aren't demi-gods to me.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

It's funny how charming most evil buggers can be.

However it is foolish to think your leaders should be perfect, or set an example that meets everyone's standards. Most great leaders have their share of character flaws, which often give them their strengths.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Palin would quit her first year in office and we would be left with POTUS Quale! Just remember this is the same bimbo that quit her first term as governor of Alaska to chase a book deal.

She would NEVER get elected...

SO, all I am saying is YES Palin/Quale 2012! GO PALIN/QUALE 2012! WOOT! YEA! YOU GO GIRL!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred

"....a 3 letter word, jobs, j o b s, jobs." - Joe Biden

"Stand up Chuck, and let them give you a hand." - Joe Biden to some politician confined to a wheelchair.

and don't forget about Biden's boss pondering his visits to all 57 states.

Biden has my vote for the worst and dumbest of all time.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Ok, I'll bite, but you need to provide links.

hubpages.com...

Dan Quayle

“If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure.”

“I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy - but that could change.”

“Let me just tell you how thrilling it really is, and how, what a challenge it is, because in 1988 the question is whether we're going forward to tomorrow or whether we're going to go past to the - to the back!”

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Originally posted by intrepid
That ticket would end the GOP for decades. Secondly I thought George HW Bush was a pretty good president.

Unless they get a couple of democrats to run on their ticket, the GOP is gonna be dead for some time to come. They got nothing.

Please recall that obama came out of nowhere to get nominated, as did Bill Clinton.

Let's all bookmark this very post and then check back in November of this year and again in 2012.

You might want to put some crow on ice, because surely you will be eating it.

[edit on 8/12/2010 by centurion1211]

I happened across this post and, being that it is now November 2012, thought it would be worth reviving for the sake of a giggle. How's that crow?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join