It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Organizations related with terrorism are promoting Michael Moore's film.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
The Guardian of London is reporting that organizations related with terrorism are promoting Michael Moore's film Farenheit 9/11, in the United Arab Emirates.

HOLLYWOOD VS. AMERICA
Michael Moore film appeals to terrorists
'Fahrenheit 9/11' gets thumbs-up from Hezbollah

The terror-war supporting organization Move America Forward released a statement today saying the news about Hezbollah proves a contention it made about terrorist endorsement of Moore's award-winning documentary.

Earlier this week, Move America Forward Vice Chair Melanie Morgan declared: "It would be more appropriate to have this propaganda shown at al-Qaida training camps rather than American movie theaters."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The organization later released an apology for Morgan's statement, saying she didn't go far enough in her criticism.

Related News

HOLLYWOOD VS. AMERICA
Theaters wary of Michael Moore film

Move America Forward

[edit on 19-6-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

[edit on 20-6-2004 by Muaddib]

[edit on 1-7-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   
The Guardian of London must think that all organisations in the middle east are terrorist organisations to make such a stupid comment.

"It would be more appropriate to have this propaganda shown at al-Qaida training camps rather than American movie theaters."

-- Sounds like a comment from Ebert and Roeper

-- How is this news. This just further promotes farenheit 9/11, which you have successfuly convinced me to go watch come June 25.
-- Why don't we let Americans decide for themselves whether or not to watch farenheit 9/11
-- What if the Hezbollah knows something that we don't. Believe it or not the Hezbollah are people to.

On the reverse side of the coin, a man down is a man dead, no matter which perspective you chose to see it from.

[edit on 19-6-2004 by websurfer]

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by websurfer
-- How is this news. This just further promotes farenheit 9/11, which you have successfuly convinced me to go watch come June 25.
-- Why don't we let Americans decide for themselves whether or not to watch farenheit 9/11
-- What if the Hezbollah knows something that we don't. Believe it or not the Hezbollah are people to.

On the reverse side of the coin, a man down is a man dead, no matter which perspective you chose to see it from.

How is this news?.....it is in the news.....

As for you watching the movie, that's fine, go and watch it for all i care....
"...the Hezbollah are people too." What are you going to say next? Terrorists should be able to express themselves even if it means more terrorist attacks?
i would actually call them inhuman..... and being people doesn't give them the right to make terrorist attacks......or does it according to you?

Are you one of those members of ATS that watches and believes everything AL Jazeera post?

[edit on 19-6-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Earlier this week, Move America Forward Vice Chair Melanie Morgan declared: "It would be more appropriate to have this propaganda shown at al-Qaida training camps rather than American movie theaters."

Hey!! SHUT UP!! I have the right to pick and choose my Propaganda at least in part!! Why? Well, because that all comes along with the idea of FREEDOM. I am already pounded every minute with PRO BUSH, PRO WAR, ANTI IRAQ Propaganda everyday and everywhere I look as it is now. The least I deserve is the option to view 'The Other Guys' Propaganda Too!! My first choice would be for both sides to Shut the Hell Up, but since my own Government Depends so much on Brainwashing me with their version of Reality, I feel it's my Duty then to 'Counter Attack' with opposite Propaganda when ever possible.

I call it 'Operation Mental Freedom'. Something I learned from my very own Leaders: "If it is Different, Strange, Unexplainable or Just Simply Annoying, there is only one thing to do. WAGE WAR AGAINST IT!!"

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm
Hey!! SHUT UP!! I have the right to pick and choose my Propaganda at least in part!! Why?

Wow...hummm I am confused....were you talking about freedom of opinion and speech and you are telling me or even the other member to shut up?

Talk about brainwashing and oppresing the freedom of the press and speech....

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   

i would actually call them inhuman.....

Just because a terrorist has serious flaws does not mean they're not human. In a literal sense the same can be said about convicted serial killers, but in a physical sense it has no meaning.

and being people doesn't give them the right to make terrorist attacks......or does it according to you?

The society that we live in gives no one the right to commit terrorist attacks, or any other attack for that matter

Are you one of those members of ATS that watches and believes everything AL Jazeera post?

I've never been to AL Jazeera

[edit on 19-6-2004 by websurfer]

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Wow...hummm I am confused....were you talking about freedom of opinion and speech and you are telling me or even the other member to shut up?

Talk about brainwashing and oppressing the freedom of the press and speech....

No, I wasn't telling you to shut up. I was talking to 'Melanie Morgan', the lady in the article complaining about Moores movie. Even shut up was meant more as a 'F*ck You' than a 'Shut Up' actually. Just a figure of speech, ya know??

But you may be right. The brainwashing may be getting through to me by now!!! Need to make a new Tin Foil Hat I guess?!?!?!?

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Michael Moore's publicity machine keeps getting wilder and woollier and better. Is there anyone in the civilized world who does not know about the film? Promises to be the biggest doco big screen hit yet!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Michael Moore Hates America

Michael Moore Hates America is a feature-length documentary that takes you across the country -- From Moore's "hometown" of Flint to Washington, DC to LA -- in search of the American Dream and holds Michael Moore's filmmaking tactics up to the light.
We'll deconstruct the genre of documentary film to show you how filmmakers can manipulate interviews and statistics to communicate a desired message, and then how the media runs with that message.
While it has its serious side,
Michael Moore Hates America is a hilarious romp through the myths about American life. It reduces silly conspiracy theories to rubble, challenges populist ideologies by putting them through uproarious tests and gets to the truth about Michael Moore's background, and his evolution into one of today's most prominent propagandists.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I'll rather spend my money to watch spiderman than on making that man some more money. That's the only thing he seems interested on doing.

The film "Bowling for Columbine" was stated by Michael Moore as a "Mockery and not a documentary" leaving lots of hints in the film itself, but many Americans believed the movie to be true and be full of facts...

Looking at the picture of Fahrenheit 9/11, i can see the hints at a new "bowling for Columbine" type of film.

You want to spend money on a man that is making a mockery on the war on terror and the deaths of American soldiers and civilians? be my guess.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Well, I can't wait to see it personally. I know it will be a 'Spun' version of the truth, but what isn't?! As everyone knows by now, everything we've ever heard has been twisted to some degree anyway.

Histories account of 'Saints and Hero's' are really a mixture of Conquerers and/or Ordinary Men in Extraordinary Situations who came out on top. Discovery of America wasn't 'Exactly' the Discovery it is said to be and our Nobel explorers were also not very Nobel at all. Lip Sinking and having no musical ability doesn't seem to matter much anymore and of course Jerry Springer & his talk show are B.S.

The Idea of Freedom & Liberty in America is nothing at all what it is supposed to be unless you're rich. O.J. and others have shown that enough Money and Manipulation of Truth allows you to murder in cold blood and get away with it. Many of The Righteous are really The Wicked. So on and so forth, showing that the reality of things is bitter sweet, since after one is finished licking away the candy shell is when one realizes they've been fed a Chocolate Covered Cockroach. Oh well, so be it!

After all, it makes sense that the truth is going to be hidden from us. Who would believe it if it wasn't. So I'll sift out the truth from fiction as I always do. Sometimes finding it, sometimes not, but always trying and usually entertained. So I say bring on Moore's Movie!! It couldn't be filled with more lies and half truths than the average Media Coverage or Political Speech that we are all living 'knee deep' in right now anyway.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Gee... it`s the Guardian that`s reporting this! The Guardian!
I mean that newspaper is just as serious and reliable as the National Enquirer... come on!

They are the ones that reported the false news of UK soldiers torturing Iraqi prisoners... just a few days after the reports broke out in the US about US Marines torturing Iraqi prisoners in that jail. That was just propaganda to tell the public that US troops are not the only ones who do that ugly stuff in Iraq, but the brits too, so it's okay to torture Iraqi prisoners as everyone does it. But those reports were proven erroneous.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Actually, the false reports and pictures of UK military abuse were published by the UK Mirror, with career-ending consequences for the editor.

The Guardian is generally more reliable, because it's a real newspaper.

This topic proves that terrorists watch movies and TV too like middle Americans. Heaven forbid. Actually it is probably more beneficial to have fundamentalist terrorist aspirants watching a Moore expose than watching your typical mindless Hollywood macho racist action blockbuster rubbish. Think about why.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
If just hearing about this movie makes just one person say, "What's this Bush and Saudi Arabia thing everyone keeps talking about?" and makes them read something, I think no one could argue that it's a bad thing.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Moore,

Love him or hate him, you have to respect him for knowing how
to manipulate both sides of world opinion into promoting his SUPER-BIASED
piece of work. If you pay money to see this, you are the USEFUL IDIOT
he's counting on, and I really mean COUNTING, as in large piles of cash.

What happens when you mix Hollywood and France?
An award for Micheal Moore, and a lot of Jerry Lewis on Video.

Speaking of Jerry Lewis, he is popular in France, because his characters
represent pefectly, the French opinion of Americans...Goofy Buffoons with no class..

However we do bathe more often....Except for a few exceptions, like, hmm
Michael Moore... Thereby closing the mystery of the Cannes Award..

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Haha Michael Moore Hates America? Please he just realizes that while this country is better than others it still has a very long way to go. Ya know this country can be great but it's not there yet. Obviously I can see how certain people from a certain side would say this country is great and has always been great b/c from that perspective as a whole they've been in control and really have nothing to complain about. They never really had to worry about racial profiling from cops, getting stopped b/c theyre not supposed to be able to afford so-and-so car or having someone look down on you and think you can't achieve certain goals just b/c you happen to have more pigmentation in your skin than them.

If you from the other groups you would have a totally different outlook on things and wouldn't claim America to be in the right every freaking time. You would realize that the people who run this country are human and can (and have) made mistakes as well as done things intentionally as well to better position certain people in this country (segregation, slavery, separate but equal BS). I think that b/c Mr. Moore is from that certain side others on that side expect him to confirm to the average standard and not say anything or question any aspect of this country but I'm glad Mr. Moore isn't afraid to ask questions and openly show the world that America, again while a good country, isn't 100% all that like so many (especially conservatives) make it out to be. Our s**t can stink people though some would refute that.

I know some are going to use this terrorist support angle as an attack on Moore and try to claim he's undermining America but for those who do they're full of it. I tell you what has undermined this country, it is double-talk, hatred filled policies in the Middle East that has fueled anger and given rise to some extremists whose goal is to now kill every American they see regardless of which power side theyre on.

[edit on 6/19/2004 by truseeker]

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Gee... it`s the Guardian that`s reporting this! The Guardian!
I mean that newspaper is just as serious and reliable as the National Enquirer... come on!

Haha yea why can't they be as great as Fox News

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Okay MaskedAvatar, I admit I got messed up between the two papers for some strange reason that I still can't understand (man, that's too humiliating... does someone has a plane ticket to Sri Lanka for me??? hehe
)

But that does`nt breaks up the fact that most major newspapers and magazines are partisan to the highest bidders (their owners and their political associates). I know the Guardian is probaly one of the most serious newpapers in UK, but still -just as the Washington Post- crap can come up when least expected.

What matters is to have a critical attitude and compare between conflicting point of views to make our mind more accurately. If the Guardian tells that, well ok, but what if two other serious sources are saying it`s total rubbish, hey? And what are those so-called terrorist organisations that article is refering to? Ramallah`s own polo club??? Al-Sadr`s D&D clan??? Almost any damn muslim organisation in Middle-East can be viewed as "terrorist" by US and UK intelligence agencies... they`re paranoid!

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Well, Echtelion, what kind of newspapers do you only trust then?.....
I know I would never trust Al Jazeera, because is pro-terrorist, or any newspapers coming from communist countries, because "those are really controlled by the state." Try finding a Chinese, Cuban or even Russian newspaper, from within these countries, writting anything against their governments.....

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
OMG Muaddib this is low even for you.

Terrorist networks supporting Michael Moore? For the love of christ.

Now I know you have your special brand of propaganda and bull# you like to promote on ATS but this sort of story belongs more in the pit than ATSNN.

Now I know you think Michael Moore is a greedy anti-american communist propagandist but this story is just plain stupid beyond words.

That's all from me. Carry on

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join