It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

foot found on beach UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

foot found on beach UK

www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk

POLICE are searching Cleethorpes Beach after a human foot was discovered there last night.

A member of the public called the police at around 6.25pm after spotting the body part on the beach opposite Merian Point, off Kings Road. Officers attended and the foot was taken to the local mortuary for examination.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
well i live in grimsby(grimsby is right next door to cleethorpes) and this is strange. nothing like this has washed up that i can remember. i know there was alot of feet washing up in the usa not long back (maybe there still is). the thing is it is the river humber and is one of the busiest shipping waters in the uk if not the world. probs it might be one of the crew of the ships that pass. as it is a river it is a few miles from the north sea so unlikely it came from there.

www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby

if you want to find out who it belongs to, organize a dance, and check the folks sitting down.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Well there is obviously something a foot here. Please keep us a breast of the situation.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
One foot?

Is that all ya got?

Honestly, I was just thinking about how creepy this story is, when I remembered THIS ONE.

8 feet in 26 months...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
i wonder if any more will wash upon cleethopres beach ?

[edit on 12-8-2010 by rikgrimsby]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Wasnt there a few body parts found washing ashore on beaches in Scotland not too long ago?. The Humber runs through a few 'dodgy' places, looks like someones been feeding the fishes.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Catch_a_Fire
Wasnt there a few body parts found washing ashore on beaches in Scotland not too long ago?. The Humber runs through a few 'dodgy' places, looks like someones been feeding the fishes.

what dodgy places ? i wouldnt say grimsby/cleethorpes is dodgy

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I remember hearing about body parts washing up on beach shores in Canada. Here's an article on that, LINK.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
did they ever find out what was happing there and where the feet came from ?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby

The article gave a few opinions as to where they could of come from.

Organised crime, boating accidents - even the 2004 Asian tsunami - are all being offered as possible solutions, our correspondent says.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk...

more info on the story.....

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
It's weird that it's always feet. And so many of them.
Do they float better, or do the creatures that are eating people parts just spit them out?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catch_a_Fire
Wasnt there a few body parts found washing ashore on beaches in Scotland not too long ago?.

Feet apparently survive better that other body parts in water, it's pretty easy to see why, say someone drowns, the foot ware is the most substantial bit of clothing (usually, I'm thinking walking boots as opposed to high heels)... So it is likely to weather the processes that happen to the body and break it down like tidal action and animals better.

Clearly someone is missing a foot, most likely a dead person. Hopefully there is a missing persons report that can be matched to DNA and the relation's can be informed.

top topics

join