It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHOCKING: Afghan teenager brutally mutilated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Bibi Aisha, has been the victim of Taliban brutality. She ran away from her 'husband'. To bad the local Taliban Commander was not impressed. She had her nose, and ears removed from her, by knife, and then left for dead in the mountains.

The 19 year old girl has been sold to her abusive husband when she was 10.

Her husband "kept her in the stable with the animals until she was 12 (when she got her first menstrual period)."

afghanistan.blogs.cnn.com...

I am shocked.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
In all fairness I know most will be shocked and don't get me wrong I feel sorrow for this women. Yet, it doens't suprise me and war crimes suchas this will have there own punishing part of the story.

Poor women, at least now she can rest in peace. I hope.

Just seen the picture's and this is a typical result to a belief system and it's almost as if she can't use her own free-will it's morally wrong.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by DClairvoyant]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by cyberjedi

This type of behavior is exactly why some need to really become snacks... I cant stand the Taliban and their weak ways of destruction. Mabey the Nephilims will land there first....

I was upset with them in the past when I seen how insecure they get with their women. And did not mind them being sent in massive amounts
. Damn shame yes indeed. That should be one of the first landing zones for food, ofcourse. I remember when I watched them kill a lady inside the stadium SICK and from that point on I had no love for them. R.I.P TO THE POOR GIRL

R.I.T to the Talibanyz

[edit on 8/12/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Excuse me for this but I am so sick of this so called war, army is fighting the Taliban but the politicians want them as leaders behind their backs.

While the local people know what those sick shariah bastards are capable off, the army just ignore the real problems as long as the opium production is under control.

The Dutch were the first to see that this is just a scheme for the coc aine import agency and got out.

POTUS is one sick puppy just like his CIA handlers.

I hope they all burn in the hottest hell.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I read about the so-called ''Lord's resistance army'' doing similar mutilations to villagers in Uganda.

If people believe that this kind of atrocity is justification or validation for military action in Afghanistan, then they should actively support US and UK troops going to Uganda to fight these rebels.

Of course, if you want to pick and choose your conflicts...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Disgusting. I know theres war always there and has been for a long time but this is a young girl who was given to a family very young as a goodwill gift to sort out a family grievance, and on top of that she gets kept in a barn until she has a period, no prizes for guessing why.

This has nothing to do with war and I honestly wish I knew the answer but unfortunately I think this is always going to be the way over there because its simply impossible to change a whole regions belief system and long history of traditions. Sickens me though.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
My good friend saw a gypsy girl butchered in exactly the same way, no more than 15 years old, here in Belgrade.

It wasn't on the CNN though... nor on ATS. I'm pretty sure she didn't have her nose clear-cut by falling down the stairs either.

Bu the way, female genital cutting is still an accepted practice (last time I checked) in Saudi Arabia, US ally who is totally not barbaric. If you are to influence someone's "practices", that country would be a great start. Sadly, I don't see Afghanistan changing any time soon.

Edit: added some words for clarity.

[edit on 12/8/2010 by SassyCat]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

The best way to eliminate the drugs is EXTREME CLIMATE CHANGE. Dont worry. They can guard/protect/ become addicted to the spice worth more then gold??????? It will all dissappear like the ancient lotus. And its just stupid for ANY TO THINK KARMA WONT FOLLOW ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE SOURCES OF LEADERSHIPS.
Its cool I even read about drones being used for transport... And I hope that is a lie I really hope that is a major lie. Otherwise KARMA IS PLOTTING ON MANY.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Now we know why they make the women wear burkas.

The Afghan men don't want the Afghan Society for the Protection of Animals to see that they are mistreating their 'livestock'.

That is how this girl was treated, like livestock. Traded and attempted to sell her, then docked her ears and sliced off her nose...... per court order.

Real nice. The Muslim apologists will be on here, saying that we should mind our own business, that this girl and all Afghan women 'want' to be treated this way!

And if this was a puppy mistreated in the very same fashion, they would be calling for a prison sentence for the perpetrator.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by niblo

This has nothing to do with war and I honestly wish I knew the answer but unfortunately I think this is always going to be the way over there because its simply impossible to change a whole regions belief system and long history of traditions. Sickens me though.

The answer is to inundate the area with technology, satellite TV, cell phones,
internet, computers. Then just sit back and wait and let the young, hip
generation slowly crawl their way out of the dark ages. Their religious
practices WILL slowly become more moderate with time. Christians in the
west no longer stone adulterers, is an example of what I mean.

Education is the answer. And you don't even have to force it down their throats. Just give it to them for free....

Of course, this action would do nothing towards securing the area
for TPTB's pipeline and oil interest in the region....

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

ANYWAY!

My heart goes out to the girl.
I hope she can find peace and forgiveness.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
More information and ongoing discussion:

Afghan Women Fear Their Fate

Terrible situation and life for some. Those here, who insist it's propaganda alone, are not seeing the trees for the forest, so to speak.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Having been in Afghanistan on deployment, and being here for a considerable amount of time (10months nearly), as well as being located in the 2nd hottest AO in the country, I have to say that you will often come across these things in the Afghan culture.

Sadly, I grieve for the girl, and it's ridiculous and uncalled for, but despite my grave dislike for more or less every afghan, truly this is what the difference generally is between Taliban and non. The Taliban want to be in control, they want their women to wear burkkas they want to dictate what happens, and if they can't, they attempt to use fear to get it.

They get increasingly hostile, because their tactics are failing. With our constant patrols to villages who have yet to ever see americans, we give them a sense of security, and sooner or later, they began to not fear the Taliban anymore.

Spreading throughout the country, less and less women are being oppressed by their normal society, and believe it or not, the country IS changing, is it changing fast? No, not really, and we'll still be here for a long while before we get out, and unfortunatly, the chance that they will revert once we leave due to the incompetence of the ANA is likely.

But while we are here, we do everything in our power to assist the people in equality. Though in reality, according to the mass morale code of the Afghan people (and muslims) in following Pasho-walli (spelling is probably horrible on that) it states that the primary roll of any man is first to his family, no matter how, and no matter what, he is to provide for them, and he has therefor failed at his job.

It's sad, I agree, but it will continue to happen until the country will stand up for themselves, the Taliban, though they typically call them a terrorist cell, You can Liken them more easily to Afghanistans Mafia. They work much in the same fashion, just with a bit more hostility.

Though as far as those who want to whine and complain, and hate on the war, look, that's all good and dandy, but unless you're over here, don't for a second try and speak like you've got a justified right to really bash and whine about it. Having been deployed here, and being here, and instructing the ANA, and reaching out to the people of Afghanistan - Like it or not, for whatever we came here, right or wrong, the status of the 'war' as it s now, is that we ARE doing good things for this country, even if you are to close minded to believe it.

The sad truth is this, The Media will never show the honest good, only the dishonest bad, so before you want to bash all over the war, consider those who are on the ground, and actually fighting, and you will realize the people actually in the fight, we're not the ones complaining, and I apologize that you're image of the war can easily be obscured by the mass media's techniques, but even if you want to hate on the war, at least support your soldiers, to hate on your soldiers for doing their job is really only promoting your own ignorance.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom1776

Thank you for putting your life on the line for me...Sincerely.

I support you fully, and believe you are doing the best job you can in
answering the call to duty, and I SALUTE you for it.

Part of my duty supporting you is to make damn sure that the men who
give you orders, and put YOUR life on the line, are doing so for just and
righteous causes ONLY.

Sadly...I believe it is I who is failing you in this regard.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by rival]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Sorry, but I do not consider UK, US or Australian troops are doing anything remotely like 'putting their lives on the line' for me or any other Westerner

that's just idiotic rah-rah movie-speak

HOW are they putting their lives on the line for ME or YOU ? How ?

Instead, by waging war in Afghanistan, Iraq and the OTHER 136 places on the planet where US troops are located -- they are RISKING my life and yours. They are creating enemies who will continue to target Westerners for decades to come, in retaliation for what Western nations have done to them

So enough, please, with the empty patriotism

Western troops are waging war with non-Western (and Islamic) nations for power, control and MONEY

In any event, this thread concerns the disgusting treatment of Muslim females by Muslim males

Wage a war on THAT, with my blessing !

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
Sorry, but I do not consider UK, US or Australian troops are doing anything remotely like 'putting their lives on the line' for me or any other Westerner

that's just idiotic rah-rah movie-speak

HOW are they putting their lives on the line for ME or YOU ? How ?

Instead, by waging war in Afghanistan, Iraq and the OTHER 136 places on the planet where US troops are located -- they are RISKING my life and yours. They are creating enemies who will continue to target Westerners for decades to come, in retaliation for what Western nations have done to them

So enough, please, with the empty patriotism

Western troops are waging war with non-Western (and Islamic) nations for power, control and MONEY

In any event, this thread concerns the disgusting treatment of Muslim females by Muslim males

Wage a war on THAT, with my blessing !

Good point, and it is empty rah rah speak. But we as citizens are represented
on the front lines of war by our soldiers. Whether we agree with the war
or not, our tax dollars fund the machine of war. This young man represents
me symbolically, maybe not my ideology, but he nevertheless represents
me.

I agree we are engaged in a war of aggression for power and money, but
that is a global overview. This is one man, sent to war by TPTB.

And I agree that fighting for the rights of women would be a much
nobler cause than the reasons were are actually there.

I feel sorry for this woman, and others like her, but her treatment is
rooted in the religion of the area, and there is not much you can do
about that. War certainly isn't the answer. Like you stated, all war will do
is create more enemies.

Sorry to get under your skin. I was trying to show respect.

In the sixties soldiers were spat on and called baby killers, and maybe
some of them were. But they represent the easy target, and the people
who protested them were lazy. They should have taken their protest
to them men with whom the buck stops...the men in charge.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
We all know these wars are sadly not about human rights violations , those are the things we tell ourselves, to make ourselves feel better about our actions .

Its hard to get people to listen ........ when you are engaged in killing fellow citizens , both insurgences and civilians alive. Unless you are attempting to induce a form of masse Stockholm Syndrome in the country occupied.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom1776

Thanks for putting your life on the line for all of us. If we run like the Democrats/Taliban want, the dark side of Islam and similar groups will become re-energized.

1983 Beirut - 241 Marines killed - The US pulled out and extremists celebrated

1983 Kuwait - US Embassy bombed 60 people killed- extremists celebrated

1998 Kenya / Tanzania - US Embassies bombed killing about 230 people - extremists celebrated

1985 Middle East - Hijacked TWA Flight 847 for 17 days in the killing a Navy diver

1988 - Lockerbie, Scotland - Blew up Pan Am Flight 103 killing 270. Abdelbaset Megrahi was convicted but released in 2009 to Libya to a hero's reception. A one-year celebration of his release will happen in August.

1993 - World Trade Center - Basement bomb killed six and wounded about 1,000.

1996 - Saudi Arabia - Bombed Khobar Towers killing 19 and wounding more than 370.

2000 - Yemen - USS Cole bombed, killed 17 sailors and injuring 39 others.

2001 - World Trade Center - Gone. More than 3,000 died. Islamists brought their assault to US soil.

Every time we vacated the AO it encouraged the terrorists to attack again. Every time we step back or stagger back they take another swing. Time and time again the criminal extremists slapped the western countries around, they've even successfully implemented Sharia law in the UK. Looks like the UK got knocked on their ass already, they're not a big enough country to stay in the fight. This is a fight of stamina.

These criminal terrorists are attacking civilians. You're part of the hunt for these criminal terrorists, thank you! You can never tell which enemy is the one destined to kill thousands of civilians on homeland soil, or a handful of brothers on a road. So thank you for putting your life at risk for all of ours. And let's not abandon those innocent people that in the future will bel subjugated, mutilated, and killed.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
It really boggles my mind how someone else could treat another human being in this way. Cutting off another person nose and ears just twists my mind. I cannot imagine ever doing that, and I wish everyone else was like me in that regard. Sick world we live in sometimes...

new topics

join