It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Stone Hendge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I live only 40 miles from the Georgia Guidestones and I have visited them on a couple of occasions. Every time I have been I have gotten an extremely creepy feeling like I am being watched. The place actually feels evil. I have done quite a bit of research on them But I have not been able to find out any real information. Does anyone out there have any information about them other than the normal stuff that is out in the open.

For those of you who don't know what the guide stones are check out the following link.

en.wikipedia.org...

And I am not the one that made the comparison, it is actually pretty common from the research that I have done. It is in reference to the way that it was constructed, and no one really knows the details as to how or why. Also its alignment to the stars, moon, and sun are a reason for the comparison. So please ignore that part if you can't get over it, just try

[edit on 12-8-2010 by russ212]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I've seen the guidestones myself and did a bit of research but didn't find out anything interesting enough to warrant posting.

The idea of comparing them to Stonehenge doesn't fit for me though. The guidestones are modern and Stonehenge isn't.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Truly I agree, but that has become the name many people know them as.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
theres a stonehendge replica built to size in washington state. its on the oregon border, wouldnt that be more worthy of being called american stonehendge then the guidstones would?

the guidestones arent that old after all right?

or does anyone know how old they are?

i guess these particulars dont matter

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

I don't think people are referring to the age of the stones when they make this comparison, but the mystery at how they got there.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Lots and lots of threads here about the guide stones.

Didn't they finally decide the dude who had them built was some sort of anarcho-racist something?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Wikipedia seems to think the originator "RC Christian" is actually Ted Turner.

weird

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Do a search on this site. There is alot of information on the guidestones.

Here is one: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wouldn't compare them to Stonehenge tho...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by opal13

That is actually a good idea, I have been looking all over the web, and didn't think to do a search on this site. Sometimes it can be heard to see your hand right in front of your face huh.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
There is another Mini American Stonehenge in Athens, Georgia as well. Here is the website with photos.

Mini Stonehenge - Athens, Ga

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye
theres a stonehendge replica built to size in washington state. its on the oregon border, wouldnt that be more worthy of being called american stonehendge then the guidstones would?

the guidestones arent that old after all right?

or does anyone know how old they are?

i guess these particulars dont matter

There is a pretty cool Museum down the road build by the same guy as well.

All the wind mills caught me off guard last time I went.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

You know I've actually looked to see who built them and I've never seen it posted.. Does anyone know who did actually build them?

And of all the people so opposed to such ideas, I find it ironic that the Guide Stones is even intact lol.

new topics

top topics

join