It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Valedictorian Speaks Out Against Schooling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

*clap* *cheer* *applause*

Instead of using her time to speak about her accomplishments and hard work, she tells it how it really is.

I don't know about you guys, but I am very excited for the future! The sleepers are waking up and there is nothing the powers that be can do about it. I can see them now, scrambling around trying to get things under their control, lol

THIS IS A WAR THEY CAN NOT WIN

Rejoice ladies and gentlemen!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Davidius

Bravo to her

What a great speech. This is an issue I feel strongly about, especially as I currently find myself still in the grubby clutches of the education system. Here's the thread I did on the subject not long ago. I think I shall add that video to it for reference.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
S & F

That young girl makes me feel better about the future. What cahones and understanding to telling it exactly like it is!!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I remember school, even though that was a quarter century ago. Learned very little there. Of what I did learn, much of that I have unlearned in six years of having this internet tool.

This girl seems to understand the real role of schooling nowadays, to create mindless automatons for the corporate workplace. Kudos to her for speaking her mind.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I bet there were some administrators who would have loved to cut that microphone.

I remember viewing an 19th century 8th grade finals exam that made todays tests seem trivial.

What once was expected, demanded and administered to achieve education has melted away to expose nothing more than a buerocratic system of failure.

I too applaud this womans speech and that she used this final platform to point out the agenda of those dictating curiculum at all levels of schooling here in the states.

Interestingly, even back when I was "schooled", a friend who had studied abroad had decided to drop out because what we were being taught was years behind what was presented in other countries who take education more seriously.

The "no kids left behind" senario is a concept that guides us not to achieve our potential, but to adhere to governmental providership and the disassembly of the family unit and to promote division.

The same is occuring at our borders where the "war against terror" has been abandoned leading us into a culture that focuses on dislectic values rather than our unity.

It is evident when I walk in shoes made in Korea, where clothes made in Maylasia, surround myself with trinkets from China, drive vehicles made in Japan and Europe that are powered with fuel purchased from Saudi Arabia, talk on my cell phone from Hong Kong or singapore, and speak with utility provider service representatives from India.

No wonder the unemployment rate is climbing with so few jobs available. As jobs and our industries have been outsourced, we can agree that we are deceived on many fronts.

You Go Girl!

top topics

join