It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GOP and Nazis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I live in the mid-west and i suppose its no more racist than anywhere else. In Indiana its the smaller towns that you gotta just drive through cause they aren't really "nice". Then, sometimes you gotta stop in a small town and the folk are coo. There is really no way to tell until you are dealing one-one.

Its time for both democrats and republicans to take a hard look at their far sides...many lefties are borderline commies just like the far right are borderline nazi's. There are flaws in every doctrine. But, just because those extremes exist doesn't mean the whole party is tainted, and we can't call all republicans nazi's just because a few extremist found their way into the mainstream of the party.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   
To answer your post on the last page, Eschelon, you are being totally out of line. One more stupid coment that Republicans are Nazis, or that Southern republicans are hicks that burn crosses, blah blah, and you are one banned crap-starter. At that time, you may feel free to go wherever the rest of banned crap-starters go and complain how the Nazi TC banned you for no cause at all. Any questions?

As far as your rhetoric is concerned, you seem to overlook the Democrats with Klan ties, don't you? What, you think stupidity is limited to any one particular party? For that matter, your beloved Soviet Union was very bigoted, although it did like to play American Blacks as tools. Other than that, they had no use for the people with dark pigment.

The liberal party enjoys playing the race card at every possible opportunity, but in doing so, it clearly shows itself for what it is - racist. It believes that the Black Man cannot stand on his own two feet, is mentally inferior therefore has to have a handicap, such as with programs like "affirmative action".

No, Esch, I do not buy into such drivel, nor do I consider obvious sites that are fanatical to the point they have to twist information and delete otehr pertinent information, intellectually honest sources of fact.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I hope that someday people will get out of the habit of labeling anyone who doesn't agree with them a "nazi".

"You don't like onions?... FRIKKIN' NAZI!!!"

If any of these people ever met a REAL nazi, they would probably become best friends. You see, the nazis' liked to blame all their societies problems on a specific group of people too.

"STINKIN' JEWS!!! er, I mean, STINKIN' REPUBLICANS!!! It's all their fault!"

Look, the Nazis' were a horrible, horrible bunch. You should find a vet and thank him that none of us have to deal with a REAL nazi.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

The liberal party enjoys playing the race card at every possible opportunity, but in doing so, it clearly shows itself for what it is - racist. It believes that the Black Man cannot stand on his own two feet, is mentally inferior therefore has to have a handicap, such as with programs like "affirmative action".

That is quite a generalization, wouldn't you say? Statistics support certain undeniable truths as it relates to racism. Whether it be leaders such as Jesse Jackson preaching rhetorical fallacies for personal gain, or controversial leaders such as Farrakhan delegating the opposite, it is a problem. Not all black leaders condone such things as you generalize, true some do, but not all.

As for "affirmative action" not all liberals or progressives are in favor of such programs. IMO, it discriminates by default and not just towards Caucasian males but to some minority groups that will be excluded as a result. The problem really is opportunity and lack of it in a general sense. So as a collective society we can be in denial and let the chips fall where they may, or take action. Whatever side of the coin you are on, there is clearly a dilema.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Good point. I find that particualr label as offensive as being called a Kansman because I live in Alabama.

Sadly, Patriot, there are few of those perticular vets left. They were a different breed from a different time. I'm not taking anything away from those of us who stood between the free world and the Soviets, but all others pale in comparison with the WWII vets.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Echelon, it's good to see that despite being physically (or electroncally?) banned, the Colonel's hateful spirit lives on through your posts.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Narnia, I was not referring to members of the Black population when I was talking about affirmative action. In my mind, I envisioned the elitists who believe the Black population is inferior and must by given a crutch, the doo-gooder rank and filers who don't see the damage done to the community by damaging the ego. These people, by and large, are white.

The Black folk that I associate with see affirmative action in negative light. They, by God, worked for what they have earned, both in money and position, and they don't want anybody thinking they got it because of a stupid program!

Jesse doesn't count. As you stated, he is all about his own coffers, it makes no difference if people are trampled along the way.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Well, people say, and is true, that Bush's grandfather supported the NAZI's. But no one seems to mention the fact that many people did, before they started WWII. Once Hitler started a war, the people saw him for what he was, and stopped supporting him. But I hate Bush and Co, so I guess I'll go with the flow. Damn Republican NAZI's! I just support the Democrat NAZI's! Sorry, a NAZI is a NAZI, republican or democrat. And just because they seem out there doesn't make them NAZI's, could just mean they come from the south. And as The Great Thomas Crowne stated, most blacks hate affirmative action, they work for what they have, but are put down for people assume they only got what they did for being black. Hell, I can see it now, Colin Powell gets elected president.
"Well, like with SAT scores when trying to get into college, we had to give him free points, so we had to give 10% of the votes in every state in accordance to affirmative action, then give him another 5% in the nation according to AA. And then we did what we do to everyone who says AA is unfair and called anyone who wasn't going to vote for him racist NAZI'S so many of them didn't show up to vote. So YEA! Colin Poweel becomes president due to AA." I would like to see him run, I'd vote for him. And I bet he would win, without AA.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
The Black folk that I associate with see affirmative action in negative light. They, by God, worked for what they have earned, both in money and position, and they don't want anybody thinking they got it because of a stupid program!

Thomas Crowne, I see where you are going with this. And an apology extended if I interpreted your statement incorrectly. I would agree on some level there with you. But�..the issue is opportunity and choice. In order for one to be given the choice to change, opportunity must be available. Affirmative action is noble in it�s intention to level out inequality in resources, education, community, family support and many more factors. My problem with AA is that it would take away from some minorities to supplement for others, mainly in California that would be Asians. I think Affirmative Action should change its name and procedures in order to fit standards that clearly represents the best of society, not just in numbers but paralleling circumstances based on life experience, adversity and how one challenges and achieves, even though technically the numbers are less.

Let me present you with this article www.sfsu.edu... and pay close attention to the reasons it is harder for minorities, or in the case of California, the majority, opportunities in �The root causes of Latino Underachievement� section numbers 1-10. Now for the sake of our discussion, lets pretend you and I are admissions reps for a University:

We have 1 space and 2 applicants. One is from the gang infested streets of the inner city. The student has a GPA of 3.2 with an SAT score of 1100 and graduated in the top 10 percent of the class. The student has no activities outside of school, but has written in their personal statement that they are responsible for the after school care of his 4 younger siblings. The parents did not complete high school.

The next student is from an affluent area and is a lacrosse player, on the swim team and writes for the school newspaper. Their GPA is a 3.3, but the top half of their graduating class had GPAs of 3.4 and above. So this student ranks in the lower 50th percentile. The SAT scores of this student is 1150.

Who do you chose? And why?

Clearly the achievements of one is far more extraordinary in lieu of adversity, this is where Affirmative Action or something similar to, would be appropriate to implement. IMHO.

[Edited on 22-6-2004 by Narnia]

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The entire premise of this thread is completely absurd. Never have I seen the fallacy of a hasty generalization perpetrated on so many levels by a single member of this forum. Republican = Nazis = Klansmen!?!? Whoa! That's a pretty Looooooooooooooooooong stretch, don't you think echelon?

Give it a rest. Racism is not a partisan disease, it is a societal disease perpetrated equally on BOTH sides of the political aisle. Need I remind you of one Senator Robert Byrd, D-WV who served in a very high ranking position with the Klan in the past? I hope not because I am SURE that you are fully aware of the history.

Presenting such obviously partisan blanket generalizations will only harm your ability to engage other forum members in intellectual political debates and damage your credibility... dare I say, even with members of your own political affiliation.

As you will notice from my other posts on the Mud Pit, I am all about backing up such claims with facts... or at least with well constructed and cogent arguments that other members may use to refute your statements. Other than the "racial" issues that you so selectively identified, you have yet to present any argument to support your Republicans = Nazi claims. What EXACTLY makes you think that today's Republicans are akin to Nazis?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join