It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GOP and Nazis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Investigative reporter Christopher Simpson says in BLOWBACK that after World War II, Nazi �migr�s were
given CIA subsidies to build a far-right-wing power base in the U.S. The article confirmed that the Bush team included members
listed by Russ Bellant. [ more ]

i'm not surprised at all...
the way that the bush administration has been running things the past 4 years,
it appears they have very few differences from nazi germany.
this should explain where the republicans get their 'interesting' traits from.

just look at reagan... the man glorified by the right-wing...

Reagan was one of the most active presidents against racial equality in modern history. He was elected using a fictitious �welfare queen� to convince millions of white voters that Black women on welfare were the reason for high taxes. He used racism to promote division and animosity. To send a message, he started his re-election campaign in Philadelphia, Miss., where three civil rights workers were killed by the KKK in 1964. Under his watch the Republicans developed their Southern strategy, an alliance with Dixiecrat racists, including the KKK. He staunchly supported the South African racist regime. He consistently opposed affirmative action and all attempts to seriously enforce civil rights laws. He was elected on racism and he ruled with racism.

[edit on 19-6-2004 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Your lack of knowledge of either the Nazis, or Reagan's eight years of making the country better is not the fault of the Republicans.

It is absurd to compare the Republicans to the Nazis, that comparison should be left for the likes of Stalin and Pot, not to mention Hussein.

And to clarify something, opposing "affirmative action" is not opposing racial equality. As a matter of fact, opposing "affirmative action" is standing for racial equality.

Your assertions are baseless and mere attempts to smear right and bolster myth.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Further, in regard to Reagan's racism, try this on for size. And Esch, feel free to read every word.

www.frontpagemag.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Republicans, and NAZI's??? Dont REALY go together, and Reagan did a lot of great things for this country. EVERY president did something wrong. Though Bush in some ways is like Hitler!!

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
It is absurd to compare the Republicans to the Nazis, that comparison should be left for the likes of Stalin and Pot, not to mention Hussein.
And to clarify something, opposing "affirmative action" is not opposing racial equality. As a matter of fact, opposing "affirmative action" is standing for racial equality.

well no one's comparing republicans to the nazis... the republicans are nazis.

the article provided a list of six members of the republican party who were proven to be in direct collaboration with the nazis.

and since when did we suddenly forget about trent lott and his white nationalist affiliations?
this was only one clown that the media gave any attention to.
there is no doubt that there are many more of them.
the nazis had infiltrated the gop long before reagan came to power, and because of his fascist ways, he gained their support.

He was called the Great Communicator, but the issue is not how good his speeches were, but rather, how bad his policies were. That�s what is being left out by the media, falling right in line with the Bush administration. They want to put a happy face on a very negative presidency.
The real Ronald Reagan was a right-winger most of his life and was one of the most pro-imperialist presidents in U.S. history. He started his career as a conservative by informing on his fellow Hollywood actors during the McCarthy witch-hunts. As governor of California he ordered his state police to attack civil rights and student free speech movement activists. He fired Angela Davis from her teaching position at UCLA for her political views � because she was a member of the Communist Party USA � then he tried to frame her. First he took her job, then he tried to take her life. He also carried out a bloody suppression against the Black Panther Party, which was born in his state. We have to ask, where was the greatness?
He was a master demagogue who knew how to present extremist right-wing policies in a simple, folksy way. He fooled a lot of voters. Many democratic-minded voters became disgusted and gave up on voting. Reagan won each of his two terms as president with a minority of the electorate. Where is the greatness?

it's not very hard to spot a flag waving, cross burning, hick gop when you take a trip down south or the midwest.
i don't see how anyone can deny the right-wing's racial intolerance over the past several decades.
and yes, affirmative action isn't an issue with a clear right or wrong side...
but that wasn't the only thing that confirmed reagan's racist views, which you didn't bother acknowledging.

you show aggression towards such 'claims' because it speaks truth.

[edit on 6-19-2004 by echelon]

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
more suppressed evidence emerges...

As late as 1988, there were a number of genuine pro-Nazi, anti-Semitic types from Eastern and Central Europe in the Republican Party's National Republican Heritage Groups Council. Several of these worthies were leaders of the George Bush presidential campaign's ethnic outreach arm, the Coalition of American Nationalities, despite the fact that their checkered past was not a big secret. One of them, Laszlo Pasztor (or Pastor) had served in the pro-Nazi Hungarian government's embassy in Berlin during the war. This had been revealed in a 1971 page-one story in the Washington post. When this past was again brought up in September 1988, the Republicans were obliged to dump Pasztor and four others of his ilk from Bush's campaign. [ more ]

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
were not racist in the mid west. were republicans but every one is treated as a human being out here. no matter what color their skin is.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
were not racist in the mid west. were republicans but every one is treated as a human being out here. no matter what color their skin is.

oh... maybe because there aren't any people of other skin colour?
... because their families were driven out of town by klansmen...
or whatever businesses they try to run are boycotted...
or anyone who comes into contact with them are shunned by their community?
there are many loopholes around the law that they use to continue to segregate people.

our system does not recognize anything that resembles 'equality' nor will it ever accept it.
denying it will only keep the problem alive.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
Republicans, and NAZI's??? Dont REALY go together, and Reagan did a lot of great things for this country. EVERY president did something wrong. Though Bush in some ways is like Hitler!!

and clinton was in some ways share the ideals of marx

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673

and clinton was in some ways share the ideals of marx

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
come to the mid west you commie. hell i jst saw an indian couple (not native american but from india) walk down the stree of our little town here. i had an indian doctor preform surgury on me when i was little out here. do not say that there are no minorities out here. com out here and take a look.

Democracy promises only equality of oppertunity, not conditions. if it were equality of conditions it would be communism. the oppertunity to change the conditions you currently have.

[edit on 6-19-2004 by KrazyIvan]

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   

come to the mid west you commie SOB. hell i jst saw an indian couple (not native american but from india) walk down the stree of our little town here. i had an indian doctor preform surgury on me when i was little out here. do not say that there are no minorities out here. com out here and take a look.

yeah... that's real nice.
that's the same argument as...
'how can i be a racist?... i have black friends.'

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
another issue i failed to bring up earlier...
these states have the highest number of children in home schools in the u.s. ... why?

because the parents don't want their kids 'mixing.'
this has been started ever since the public schools were forced to integrate previous white schools with black students.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   

well no one's comparing republicans to the nazis... the republicans are nazis.

LOL. My opinion is if people want to be racist.,,,let them. Evevryone has their own opinion. They most liley have reasons to be racist.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Ivan thanks for editing out the SOB, but some people are surely just as offended by being called "Commies".

Personal attacks of any kind are not permitted, as I'm sure a PIT mod (which I am not) will inform you shortly.

In fact, this whole GOP/NAZI thread kind of bugs me.

[Edited on 19-6-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by echelon

oh... maybe because there aren't any people of other skin colour?
... because their families were driven out of town by klansmen...
or whatever businesses they try to run are boycotted...
or anyone who comes into contact with them are shunned by their community?
there are many loopholes around the law that they use to continue to segregate people.

our system does not recognize anything that resembles 'equality' nor will it ever accept it.
denying it will only keep the problem alive.

have you even been to the mid west? seriously, have you? i take issue with you making blanket statements and implying that everyone out in trhe mid west is white and belongs to the klan. no different than ivan calling you a commie IMO. (BTW ivan, dont do that again please)

and there are those on the other side that use other loopholes to segregate themselves from the rest of society. your point? for everything you point out there is an opposite to it.

have you ever been anywhere near the midwest? while i admit there are a lot of white people there its not ALL white people. and no the klan isnt every town burning crosses and lynching people.

now if you want to think the worst of people thats your right but dont do it making blanket statements and making assumptions or even implying as such.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
have you even been to the mid west? seriously, have you? i take issue with you making blanket statements and implying that everyone out in trhe mid west is white and belongs to the klan. no different than ivan calling you a commie IMO. (BTW ivan, dont do that again please)

i wasn't trying to imply that everyone was.
these aren't assumptions either... nor do i speak without having personal experience in such issues.

back when i was in high school... our baseball team went to minneapolis to play against one of their local teams.
the looks that my hispanic and black teammates were getting from the adults was appalling...
not mention the derogative terms the s.o.b.'s were saying under their breath.
and recently, i've done some researching... and found out how complex the neo-nazi/white nationalist community is,
and how large in numbers they really are.

now, without going off topic...
i have only provided historial evidence of such activity... and their influences in the gop.
i can't see how this thread could be offensive to anyone besides the nazi sympathizers.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
you know what echelon i've had racists experiences myself.

a black kid throw a basketball in my face call me a honkey and tell me to leave HIS neighborhood when i was about 7 years old. he was far older.

now other than the fact i was 7 years old and white, what cause did he have to throw a basketball in my face and bully me and call me a honkey? my mom was visiting one of her friends that happened to live in the projects at the time and this is where it happened. her friend also kicked his ass for it.

but there is something i missed that you said.

another issue i failed to bring up earlier...
these states have the highest number of children in home schools in the u.s. ... why?

because the parents don't want their kids 'mixing.'
this has been started ever since the public schools were forced to integrate previous white schools with black students.

there are schools that are predominantly black, public AND some of the parents of those students are trying to keep white students out. in fact one of those schools is right in my city. as much as you want to point out how bad one group of people are...everyone is guilty of this.

and here's an idea. next time you want to bring up something about homeschooling, present some stats and the source they come from.

welcome to america where everyone is bigoted small minded and hateful.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
i really had no intention of turning this into an argument focusing on racism in general.
i understand it works many ways...
but the fact remains that the republicans in the higher ups have only used this to get the attention of common folks to keep them in power.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by echelon
i really had no intention of turning this into an argument focusing on racism in general.
i understand it works many ways...
but the fact remains that the republicans in the higher ups have only used this to get the attention of common folks to keep them in power.

you think republicans are the only ones that do this? politicians in general do this.

when was the last time you saw an honest politician at all? you think they dont use people on the other side to further themselves? why do you think so many on this board fight with each other over THEM? its easy, divide and conquer. think of it as a wrestling match. the outcome is already determined but how they get there is just the show. ocassionaly the title will change hands but its always the same. its a tit for tat game they play. its give and take. why do you think both parties attack ANY third party that gains any momentum? there's a reason for this.

this goes on both sides, not one or the other but both.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join