It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facial Recognition Software and Big Brother

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I found an interesting blog about facial recognition software. How it is being used in unsuspecting places and future plans. This is from a technology insider.

blog.industramark.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Howdy toneslinger! Welcome to ats! Might I suggest when doing a thread, build on it and include multiple sources as well as a few quotes. Don't forget to do an ats search before posting too.
Yes facial recognition is becoming a part of everyone's reality, whether we like it or not. Sign o the times I reckon'.

Cya on the boards,
spec

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
Howdy toneslinger! Welcome to ats! Might I suggest when doing a thread, build on it and include multiple sources as well as a few quotes. Don't forget to do an ats search before posting too.
Yes facial recognition is becoming a part of everyone's reality, whether we like it or not. Sign o the times I reckon'.

Cya on the boards,
spec

Well why sit back and let the show go on with 'Big Brother' watching us all. Make a stand - easy me saying that but I believe and feel if more and more people start coming forward about the issues that they feel is affecting them and they want justice, real-justice not corruption from the justice daperment. Then we should act on it!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DClairvoyant

Hello DC, while I don't disagree with you on disliking the premise, and there are many things I would/should protest against, the incorporation of cameras and facial recognition is not something we can put a stop to,imo. It's all for "our protection" ya know.

No, there is no stopping Big Brother's invasiveness, when we peer into the social cyber stratosphere, they will be looking back. What we do and where we go is kept track of, and only "off the grid" living can avoid such. Do I like it? No....

Edit To Add My Solution:

spec

[edit on 12-8-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
the way i see it, is unless there is some kind of sign posted saying that facial recognition equipment is monitoring the area (which according to this blogger is not the case) then all technological exploits are fair game.

i use to brainstorm ways to change the facial structure, but thats overkill if they are filming you covertly. all camera's have the same weakness's towards light, and all facial recognition software/technology at some point rely on camera optics to produce an image of you. to remedy this, ensure that no camera is able to produce a clear picture of you by saturating yourself with light. a small bright light near the face would be enough to nix the software, such as a high powered LED. how this is done is up to the individual but there are many ways to do it so get creative.

keep in mind, light can be ANY spectrum, and the human eye does not see EVERY spectrum. The InfraRed wavelengths can go far beyond what the human eye is able to see, however camera's will treat it like any other part of the light spectrum. perhaps a few LED's in that spectrum would be inconspicuous, and due to their extremely low power consumption they can easily be hidden in earrings, glasses, hood, hat, whatever...

your face will just be a big over-exposed glowing spot, impossible for the facial recognition software to analyze. if they arent supposed to be doing it in the first place then it is very unlikely they will be able to react at all, and you then proceed about your day normally, anonymously.

if they start posting signs you may need to change your game plan.

new topics

top topics

join