It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian wildfires ... Display of a new weapon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Today at work I was wondering:

With the current advances in laser technology and the precision of modern satellites would it be possible for a government to attack a country undetected in the form of massive wildfires? During the dry months, space lasers could easily start fires and huge parts of any country could be destroyed with a carefully planned attack.

Many things could be gained including:

-destabilizing a government, unable to deal with the spreading wildfires.
-putting a strain on the country's agriculture and economy.
-a chance for key installation to be damaged (nuclear plants for example).
-making money, by buying agricultural commodities beforehand.

So I am asking ATS experts, is it possible to do this with current technology and remain undetected?

Thanks

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

China has the technology and I know the USA continue to work in this area. If and I say IF it is possible....then that would explain Russia's fires, Pakistani floods and the higher than usual heat of the ME, not to mention Australia's cold weather
Pleaseeeee summer hurry up!

Note: Portugal is dealing with some pretty big fires right now as we speak.....

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I suppose that if the US has this kind of weapon, then so does Russia. Damn Ruskies always starting California wildfires.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
lol, I don't know about lasers...but it's very simple to start an uncontrollable fire. Especially when there's drought and if the fires aren't handled right away. Even then, it's not challenging to start a reign of terror by fire....

Also, don't forget..the Japanese were planning to start fires on the west coast of the United States during World War II. So lasers? Not needed. But cool thought....

new topics

top topics

join