It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Esoteric Education

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Hello ATS,

This is Aprophet coming to you hot off the airways.
I am master of all things Mind, Body, and Soul;
The Punk-tilious Man in Amsterdam,
The Psychedelic Controlla,
The Ayatollah of RocknRolla,
And boy have I got some funky questions to ask all of you today!
It's Take-off Time!

Some very wise and mysterious men from the past after a lifetime of dedication to the study and mastery of medicine, philosophy, and the law came to the striking conclusion that all human knowledge could be condensed to the pages of one hundred and fifty books.

Such as these were not ordinary scholars, but mythical personages similar to Goethe's Faust. In their old age they could brag of having compendiums of knowledge tucked away, able to reconstruct systematically the entire content of human history. Certain secret societies claimed a few as founders. Although, similar to Faust, these titan's of learning had a tragic flaw as flagrant as their pedantry because even though one may be a genius through sheer willpower one may still lack what's commonly considered to be the Holy Grail of all men's pursuits: Guns, Girls, and the Green.

And, therefore, these most wise and spectacular gentlemen, not quite renouncing a lifetime dedicated to strengthening the mind, recognized the seductive allure of natural naive living - a life of earthly treasures. In their twilight years they left to posterity the very real idea that all human knowledge could be condensed within a hundred and fifty books. Many historians believe this was an act to maybe dissuade others from spending their entire lives in learning while others think it was out of a simple longing to experience more of existence. What all the historians agree on though, from documented evidence suggesting this very idea, is that the wise men believed one could expediently reach the apex of learning to cultivate the mind, then proceed to explore the unknown realms of existence before the onslaught of old age.

What if there existed a course of study dedicated to these hundred and fifty books as an initiation into "esoteric" aspects of life that encapsulate all human knowledge and transcend the limitations of disciplines and specialties? I imagine that one could go through life being successful and naive without having any conception about the nature of reality or life's ultimate meaning. Could the hundred and fifty represent a way to know the truth, making one a danger to established authority if ultimate knowledge were combined with ultimate action or will to power? Could we even consider a person who has experienced the meaning of everything, no longer dwelling in the world of multiplicity and invention, to still be human? A demi-god?

Burrrh, I get chills just thinking about it.

What do you think?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
esoteric as....kinda magick?indeed,but there are always stupid teens who will start practicing spells,and screw up.
theyr doing it now...the "goths" and some teens who cant get a girlfriend

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The hierarchy is more complex than that.

Guns first, then the B^3, or 'beans, bullets, barbecue sauce'.

Then girls, and then green.

Actually probably green first because that's the only way to get girls.

Anyway...

Did they say what the 150 books were?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
We could talk about magik since alchemy litters the pages of old scholars notebooks. I think there is more to it than wishfull thinking and certainly the goings-on of highschoolers who can't get laid. As far as the modern age, I have a few people in mind who one might label extra-ordinary in an uncanny sense that magik would suggest. Some artists and industrialists who were pioneers.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

They didn't say what the books were but I would assume with the right guidance all law theory could be encapsulated within 20 books, all philosophy in 30, all medicine in 40, etc. until you get to 150. Chucking the ones that will lead you astray or what doesn't get to the essence of knowledge. Whatever peaks behind the veil.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
A culmination of esoteric thinking for a Heaven on Earth:
www.lawoftime.org...

top topics

join