It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George W. Bush makes surprise visit to U.S. troops

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirTFiedSkeptic

see whhhat I mean? How is my response to a valid question, off topic?? Read between the 2nd line.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

Actually this thread was about the USO and the returning of troops to Texas, where GWB met them. Bush did not put these photos out, the USO did, Bush did not set any of this up, the USO did, so technically its about the USO and the return of the Soldiers, and not Bush.

I find the notion strange since the thread title suggests we give some focus to the big 'W'. The included images are ripe for comment as are any elements of the OP.

From the OP:

Should there be a lesson here??

This is the most pertinent aspect of it. What is revealed in the imagery might be telling us something important, something we should consider, that is, paradoxically, contrary to or in addition to the suggested interpretation. What should we take away that shapens our tools when we need them later?

If those people are happy, I suspect it's because they're back home. Gool ol' George is just holding them up from returning to their normal lives and they're not even in the Middle East any more!

"What?! I get my feet back on American soil after forever and this guy's still keeping me from my family and friends?!?"

Was there a scene like this during his own administration? (Not rhetorical-- I'd like to know or be reminded.)

"See, heh. They wanna see ME when they get back, not that Hussein guy that became President while I was golfing. HEH."

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Actually this thread was about the USO and the returning of troops to Texas, where GWB met them.

Which is exactly what I just said. This thread is about BUSH visiting these troops and showing them how much HE respects them. Did you miss the opening post in the thread?

Bush did not put these photos out, the USO did, Bush did not set any of this up, the USO did, so technically its about the USO and the return of the Soldiers, and not Bush.

Is reading really getting that hard?

What is the title of this thread?

George W. Bush makes surprise visit to U.S. troops

What is the OP about?

First line

This is about showing respect and appreciation for our troops and their families. Remember when he gave up golfing out of respect and admiration for our troops and their families back in 2003? Should there be a lesson here??

Hmmm. Think "he" means Bush? Is this talking about Bush showing respect for the troops? Still hard to tell. Let's check the second line.

Former President George W. Bush and his wife, Laura, made a surprise visit to U.S. troops this afternoon.

Hmmm...

You are right. Why did I think this THREAD was about Bush. I think you want the LATIMES blog for your argument to makes sense.

Who did post this? Bush? No. The USO? No. Jibejo? YEP!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Intresting interpretation with one flaw. He, Bush, did not hold anyone up. Military people are not required to stop or speak to him anymore. So I am not really sure how he held people up.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

And again, its about the Troops coming home. The USO posted the pictures and not Bush. The USO does this all the time, with or without high profile names attached to it.

The point of the story was the troops coming home and being greeted by the USO people, family, friends, and in this case GWB.

as far as your mouth full of wise ass comment, I can read, as well a comprehend what I am reading. Resorting to name calling is a last resort in a failed argument. Please take some time before responding like that. This is a forum for chat, wich will always have differences of opinions.

Opinions are just that - They make sense to the person stating them, while not always winning the support of those reading them.

Please be civil.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Xcathdra]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

That member has been banned for good reason.

Good post though!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
I took the troll bait from some selective masterbaiters in an effort to defend an innocent gesture from a past president.

If you fell for bait laid out by a troll, what does that say about your powers of perception? I think using juvenile names to refer to other posters and spelling them wrong speaks to that a bit.

just wanted to point out he didn't spell it wrong.

kinda play on words.

carry on!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

reply to post by EnlightenUp

Intresting interpretation with one flaw. He, Bush, did not hold anyone up. Military people are not required to stop or speak to him anymore. So I am not really sure how he held people up.

The flaw, if it really exists, is relative to the psychology of the ones returning. Case and point (idiom): My mother is trying to de-Republicanize Wal-Mart ® away from the grass roots, before my eyes, using public networks, in order to give it more cachet for the weather tea purchasers.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Wow, I'm just now visiting this thread and I have to say I'm in shock. Bush makes a trip to visit the soldiers and now he's an okay guy.

I really have to wonder if there's not something in the water that is brainwashing the masses, including the members here on ATS, into believing this was a good deed.

What's become even more painfully obvious is that the minute a story like this comes out in the public, there begins a political party war--the war between the elephants and the donkeys where all involved wind up looking like jack asses.

Can't you people see this kind of publicity stunt is specifically carried out just to perpetuate political party debates? If we could understand this very SIMPLE concept, we would unite and throw all these bums out!

How many times does it have to be repeated? OBAMA, BUSH, CLINTON, ETC. ETC., ETC.,...THEY ALL ARE WORKING TOWARD THE SAME GOAL. Political party affiliations are only important for the purposes of keeping us divided. They do not matter at the top. If we don't start understanding this is the reality, then America doesn't stand a chance.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join