It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George W. Bush makes surprise visit to U.S. troops

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Support your troops, bring them home and stop sending them to senseless wars!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I agree showing gratitude and respect to the troops is something politicians should be doing. I try to do it as I work with a lot of PTSD veterans returning from these unnecessary wars.

Something I think everyone should do is talk to a grunt returning from the war with PTSD. Its a very sickening experience to see what these men come back like.

I'm not talking about the ones sipping coffee looking at logistical maps in an AC tent hundreds of miles from combat. I'm talking about the ones trying to find the pieces of their buddies and put them back together. I'm talking about the ones whose social "norm" for the last several years was the exact opposite of yours or mine social norm.

The problem I think you had was using BUSH as the content to convey this message. Bush got this whole ball rolling and the American people were too pissed off at the terrorist boogie men to think things out far enough to see they set the precedence for "preemptive" war/conflict, we sold out our freedoms for an extra sense of security/safety being disillusioned enough to think this world will EVER be a safe place.

I cannot forget these things no matter how many spontaneous publicity thank you parties Bush throws. It will never be enough.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
reply to post by jibeho

ya, well under obama the troops were actually ordered to find and defeat al qaeda, the taliban and try to capture osama bin laden. so it makes sense there will be causalities since they are actually engaging the taliban instead of playing xbox and doing laps around the compound.

Wrong.

Research "rules of engagement" to find out just how wrong you are. There is more than one thread on ATS where current and former soldiers tell how their hands were tied and it cost American lives.

[edit on 8/12/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
How incredibly quickly people forget that Bush is who got us in this war for no reason but to make pigheads rich, but Bush and his cronies nearly ruined our nation!!

What a dick.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
It's a stage act, like everything they do. Like he's the first politician to shake hands with the elderly and kiss a baby. He said he quit drinking too, yet all of his policies wreaked of alcohol. If he did quit drinking....maybe he should have started again, that way we would all be better off. I mean seriously, why wouldn't he do this RIGHT NOW? It seems a bit ironic considering the Democrats (who I also despise) are sticking a blue boot up his ass again to help push their agenda.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Phenomium]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

I hate to do it, but I have to agree with you.

Soldiers are constantly telling us how their hands are tied in Afghanistan how the rules of engagement are overly difficult and cost lives.

It's true, now I have to go shower because I feel dirty.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Laura Bush (actually 17 year old Laura Welch at the time) killed a man by running a stop sign and never had any charges brought against her. If that was Michelle Obama's past, how many here would roast her over that? But the smiling Bush's shown here gets all manner of kind words.

Think about that.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by thepixelpusher]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
Bush should be sitting in jail for war crimes and crimes against humanity. He sent these young men and women to die in an unjust war and now you want me to give him a pat on the back for driving to the local airport to greet some of the survivors returning home? Please the man is a disgraceful bum, plain and simple.

Not only did he sent young men and women to die, but also, what about the thousands of people in the countries that the USA invaded that have been killed?
This man is a monster.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Exactly, in four years are people going to praising Obama because he's visiting the troops in Iran?

You bet, and abovetopsecret will participate with fervor at this pathetic display of revisionist history. This site has gone down the tubes and is on par with msm propaganda.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by thepixelpusher

Conservatives on ATS would be screaming for Michelle Obama to be hung, oh wait, they already are, and that is just for her taking a vacation on her own Dime!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SirTFiedSkeptic

I am glad, perhaps, maybe, your next lesson might be how to not hit the shift key randomly while you type.

It seems to me that this isn't really an issue overall. So what that the former POTUS shows up to talk to some troops, I think that for the most part that's the only people that want to see this fool.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Anyone note the triangle emblem with a dot inside on Bush's shirt? Could that be a pyramid and the all seeing eye?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Good old George Bush, one of Americas finest stand up comedians for 8 years. How very nice of him to take time out of his jobless life to spend an afternoon with the very soldiers he hates so much.

As we know he can hardly be blamed for his catastrophic fail as a stand up comedian but luckily he left us with some great new words we can all use when the going gets tough and we need a few laughs.

Internet - Internets (the nob thought there was more than one)
Subliminal - Subliminable
New Orleans - completely gone
Islam - Axis of Evil
Ballistic Missile - Ballisel missle
Sandwich - sammich
WMD's - absolutely nothing at all

The guy in the pic with Texas bad boy Georgie looks like he would rather be in Afghanistan being carried to a cave by four men dressed in their bedsheets. Poor guy will never live this down.

He finally left us with some words that will forever be etched in US citizens minds.

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we"

[edit on 13-8-2010 by sassyncute]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae in reply to jibeho
So if I send you off to die so my friends can get rich, as long as I pop in unexpectedly I can expect you to thank me for it?

Yep. Thats what he meant. After the billions this war cost us, the lies, the 1000's of American and Iraqi lives lost, we still have people trying to justify the war and justify the man behind it. Pathetic, and on ATS of all places.... well should I really be surprised of this on ATS?

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae

Yeah, I remember he gave up golf in August 2003. What a great guy. Hopefully that did not cause any trouble when he was golfing in October 2003.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by Adevoc Satanae]

I got 28 years in the military and I think it is great that he does that. What do you have invested to have your attitude.... I'm thinking nothing but the attitude...

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by thepixelpusher

Laura Bush (actually 17 year old Laura Welch at the time) killed a man by running a stop sign and never had any charges brought against her.

Ever hear of something called an ACCIDENT? And how did anybody know back then that she would become Laura BUSH?

Scraping the bottom of the barrel, are ya?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by black cat
post removed by staff

well said man,
i couldn't agree more and have nothing to add.

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic

[edit on Fri Aug 13 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join