It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George W. Bush makes surprise visit to U.S. troops

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae

Originally posted by mishigas
When I saw this post, it brought to mind Obama's European tour, and the incident where he refused to visit the wounded troops in the hospital in Germany(?) because his photo crew was not permitted to go along.

Pretty sure you are just making that up.

As it turned out, that was a true glimpse of the manchild and his lack of character.

The thing you just made up?

Here's the Facts for you about your Dear Leader Obama.
libertypundits.net...
From the Washington Post.

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama scrubbed a visit to see wounded U.S. servicemen and -women in Germany because of concerns raised by the Pentagon that the stop at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center could be seen as a political event, according to Obama’s campaign.

Right out of the box, there it is. Somebody might see it as a political event. If a U.S. Senator goes to the base by himself, with no cameras, by definition, it isn’t a political event

How About: www.washingtonpost.com...
The Pentagon said on Friday that it did not prevent an Obama visit.

"Nobody denied Senator Obama the opportunity to visit our wounded being cared for at Landstuhl. Obviously, as a sitting senator, he has an interest in that and can certainly visit in an official capacity," said Bryan Whitman, a spokesman for the Pentagon, who added that there are "restrictions on what you can do as a candidate for political office, that stems from trying to maintain political neutrality and not have the military involved in politics."

"The senator's staff was informed of the limits on what the military can do with respect to a political campaign and how we could support a senator's visit to Landstuhl and, quite frankly, I expected them to have the visit," Whitman said.

When Obama arrived in Germany on Thursday, a printed schedule said he would fly to the military hospital Friday. Asked at the time about the schedule, an Obama adviser said it was incorrect, that the stop had been considered but ultimately rejected.

YUP! Your man really Cares For The Troops. He has a strange way of showing it, Don't you even think that?
I think he is like most of us has always thought, A Total Ass Hole and a Lier and does not care about any one but himself.

www.nowpublic.com...
A Workout at the Ritz Instead of Meeting U.S. Troops? Bad Move, Senator Obama.

By Albert N. Milliron, Editor, Politisite.com, Opinion-Editorial

Scheduling Snafus happen, we all are aware that Obama had to cancel some dates due to his plane having mechanical problems. But in this case, not so. Based on multiple sources, Senator Obama went to the Ritz Gym instead of visiting the major medical center in which our troops come out of the battlefield and receive care prior to being returned to the United States.

Obama Really Cares.
NOV. Can't Come Soon Enough!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
What a bunch of B.S.

G.W.Bush is still being protected and followed by Secret Service. So he probably wasted hundreds of thousands of tax payer dollars making this trip to Afgan..... and OF COURSE it was a "surprise", it's a security risk letting people know where he will be in advance.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
He should be thanking them for the billions of pounds his family and friends have have made out of the war. But I suspect that he is there for some other deeper and darker reason, he has always put his own interests first and I doubt this is any different. What`s with the funny hand signs that the security staff are holding ? Hmmmmmmmmm !

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Alot of people saying nice things about Bush wow.
It just looks like he wants the media to be on his side "hey if i go out and thank some troops more people might see me as a nice guy"

Its a public image thing, personally i think hes a moron with terrible grammer, second he was a cokehead (thier logic seems flawed in general)

Plus many of you use to hate Bush, but a thread comes out with a picture and a story and suddenly your inlove with Bush, hes a douch bag and you guys are easily influenced apperntlly.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unst0ppable0ne
G.W.Bush is still being protected and followed by Secret Service. So he probably wasted hundreds of thousands of tax payer dollars making this trip to Afgan..... and OF COURSE it was a "surprise", it's a security risk letting people know where he will be in advance.

Dude, Afghanistan? It was the USO at the DFW airport. Probably cost him a couple of bucks in gas money.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

You wrote-

"Remember when he gave up golfing out of respect and admiration for our troops?"

Yeah...I remember...Bush gave up golf and thousands of troops and hundreds of thousands of Afghanis and Iraqis gave up their lives.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

Aha - so he may be trying to build his image before that release in order to gain support of fellow republicans.

Most of them know that Bush is still hated by many people, so in order for them to give him the ok, he will need more public support. Interesting.

Maybe we will see more stories about him as time goes on or other spur of the moment, heartfelt events...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Yes it seems very illogical that someone who has often been equated with the Anti-christ on here, with half a dozen dodgy photographs, suddenly becomes Mother Theresa to the cynical people on this site, he is now loved, he was hated only a short while ago and all he had to do was pose for a few photo`s.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Teabags

Maybe the date was moved, maybe not.

Either way, interesting timing on all of this to say the least.

Especially when Obama has been talking all that trash about his administration.

Maybe he is trying to defend himself...who knows...politics...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
That guy looks horrified!
Its a shame that Afghan war could have been over by now... way to go Bush getting distracted like a lil boy with a new toy.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

i don't understand why so many people complain about the presidents when you know their not the one's in control, their puppets and scapegoats to take all the blame for what the people behind the curtain decide. and if you support the troops you support war it's that simple, soldiers exist for one reason and thats to kill and destroy and invade.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtruthGuy
gotta love how the teabags are forgetting got this mess started..or atleast they are trying to.

Please no ridicule.

If you disagree with someone, explain it in a mature manner.

Calling people names, and making funny words for them like 'teabags' or whatever, is just generating further mud slinging.

If we cannot hold a mature reasonable discussion about a silly photograph, this thread will get locked because of the partisan bickering and ridicule that is going on here.

I am sorry to just pick on you, because it's been going on since page one here from dozens of posters on all sides.

Please people BE RESPECTFUL of YOUR OPPONENTS.

That is ALL I am asking. Play Nice. We can talk about this topic like grown ups or I am afraid the mods will lock us down. That's just the way it goes here.

People clean this up come on.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
Bush should be sitting in jail for war crimes and crimes against humanity. He sent these young men and women to die in an unjust war and now you want me to give him a pat on the back for driving to the local airport to greet some of the survivors returning home? Please the man is a disgraceful bum, plain and simple.

Ya know.. I have had it with comments like these. Out of curiosity where is your sense of responsibility when it comes to other world leaders and the crimes they have commited. I dont see you protesting Irans treatment of their people, or Darfurs issues, or Chinas, Saudia Arabia's etc in any other threads on this site. So is it you just hate Bush just because, or is it something else entirely?

While I respect your opinion and right to voice that in this country, please open your eyes to whats going on in the rest of the world. We are damned if we act, and we are damned if we dont act. Make up your mind and please let the rest of us know what you consider acceptible in terms of taking action.

As far as the Left making their comments about this - You guys controlled the House and Senate during Bush's final term in office, and controlled the purse strings for the war. It was within your ability to force the changes and bring the troops home, yet that did not happen. Why?

I think this gesture, however you may percieve it, is appropriate and speaks to his character. He is showing respect and paying tribute to our soldiers. Whether you agree with his actions or you dont, its a sign of respect to the people who wear the uniform. If you dont understand this concept.. meh.. forget it.. It will be lost on you no matter what.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
REMINDER

Discuss the topic and not each other.

Please review:
Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

MOD NOTE: The Political Madness Forum Is Not For Partisan Debate!

Further off topic and/or ill-mannered posts will be removed.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unst0ppable0ne
What a bunch of B.S.

Uhm, all retired presidents, in addition to their spouses, are under secret service protection for sometime after they are done in office. Hillary was one of the best protected Senators as she retained her secret service protection. This is not jsut a GWB thing, its affored to all retired Presidents.
This didnt take place in Afghanistan btw, it took place at Dallas-Ft. Worth Airport in Texas.

Obama just extended Secret Service porotection for Former VP Cheney due to some recent threats that were credible (according to the news article).

As far as GW letting people know he would be at the airport, that is a matter of courtesy to other security measures in place. I do Law Enforcement, and communication during these types of visits are of the utmost importance to ensure there are no crossed wires.

He went there to welcome troops home. I still fail to see how this is a bad thing. Also, he is no longer commander in cheif, so the people present were under no obligation to speak with him or even pose for photos. The photos taken, according to the article, were at the request of the soldiers and not the former president.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by Xcathdra]

[edit on 12-8-2010 by Xcathdra]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
How can anybody give Bush kudos for visiting men he sent to die. He's nothing but a war criminal and should be sent to trial along with his neocon friends.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

ya, well under obama the troops were actually ordered to find and defeat al qaeda, the taliban and try to capture osama bin laden. so it makes sense there will be causalities since they are actually engaging the taliban instead of playing xbox and doing laps around the compound.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

His respect for the troops is so great, that he had no problem joking about how he sent many of them off to die for literally NO reason!

Good one Georgie, real hi-larious!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join