It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George W. Bush makes surprise visit to U.S. troops

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Oh well, at least we have gone from ONE tyrant to another tyrant.

At LEAST we are consistent!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

Again, now who can't read?

So far, still you. In fact I have two very good examples of your inability to read. If I were you, I would give up that hook until you get something right.

I posted just a few of the things obama has said that have turned out to actually be lies.

Want a cookie? This thread has nothing to do with Obama or his lies. Can you read the title or the OP since the entire first page is obviously too much?

You invite a hypocrisy charge if you find no fault with obama while denigrating Bush because as MOST people understand, Bush clearly inherited the terrorist attacks and tried to do something about them BESIDES AND INSTEAD OF blaming Clinton.

This thread is not about Obama. What is it about that you cannot read?

What did Bush try to do about the attacks besides ignore is daily briefings warning him of it?

A clear difference between Bush's actions and those of obama, who blames Bush for everything while solving nothing.

Start a thread on it then.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae

This thread is not about Obama.

It's not about Bush's golf game either. Didn't stop you from posting that deflection.

I did not say anything about planning. Bush was president. Bush was defending the country. Terrorists got through that defense. They could have been planning it for a century, they still got through while Bush was in charge.

Of course you didn't since it would invalidate your argument.

You see, obama is NOW president. The economy has crashed and continued to burn while he is president, but there has been no resolution. The reasons for the economic crash could have been simmering "for a century", but they still are happening while obama is in charge. The BP disaster happened while obama is president, and he was more in the way than doing anything to solve the problem. Instead obama continues to blame Bush.

[edit on 8/12/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
It's not about Bush's golf game either. Didn't stop you from posting that deflection.

Need glasses or just still learning English? 3rd line in the opening post

Originally posted by jibehoRemember when he gave up golfing out of respect and admiration for our troops and their families back in 2003?

Better tell the OP to stop deflecting like that.

Of course you didn't since it would invalidate your argument.

About being attacked while Bush was in charge of defending the country? Uh, yeah.

You see, obama is NOW president. The economy has crashed and continued to burn while he is president, but there has been no resolution. The reasons for the economic crash could have been simmering "for a century", but they still are happening while obama is in charge. The BP disaster happened while obama is president, and he was more in the way than doing anything to solve the problem. Instead obama continues to blame Bush.

Are you reading a different thread and just posting in this one? This is about Bush, not Obama. The OP brought up Bush and his golf in the first paragraph of the first post in his own thread. Obama has nothing to do with any of this.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by Adevoc Satanae]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

You said

Candidates can't use the military bases, etc, as a campaign backdrop. They said that he could only visit the wounded with a couple of his staff and that's it; the military would supply photographers.
So uh...what did that have to do with your explanation for him canceling the trip? Otherwise you are admitting that you agree with me, he canceled because he did not want it to look like a political stunt, right?

It's called, "back story". Filling in a little bit more info on the subject and the reason why he couldn't come rolling into the Landstuhl Hospital as a Presidental candidate.

And I think you're admitting I was right all along, not the other way around, Gus.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
It's called, "back story". Filling in a little bit more info on the subject and the reason why he couldn't come rolling into the Landstuhl Hospital as a Presidental candidate.

Right but it is the same back story I have. He is not allowed to use the visit as a political stunt and he was afraid that either way, it would look like a political stunt. What is the problem?

And I think you're admitting I was right all along, not the other way around, Gus.

If that makes you feel better.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Yeah,

the same guy who let 9/11 happen,
the same guy who really f'd up Katrina,
the same guy who made gay marriage a bigger issue than "terrorism",
the same guy who invaded two Middle Eastern nations without having any knowledge of their culture resulting in the death of over 500,000 civilians and over 3,000 American Soldiers.

What a "great" guy.

He should be hanged, along with his administration of terror.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyrannyispeace
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

Tell me -----, who travelled with Clinton while the world was shaking?

What does Clinton or your clear disregard for the rules have to do with this?

What is YOUR purpose?

Not relevant to this thread.

What are you trying to get across?

That the OP is a farce because the man who sent these men and women off to war has no respect for them at all. He had no respect when he lied about giving up golf as cited in the OP as a shining example of his altruism. That he could not be bothered to visit with the parents of all the dead men and women being shipped back in boxes but he could swing by the airport while he was retired. That he thought so little of the troops that he would lie about something so trivial and claim it is some catharsis through which to relate a false empathy says far more than swinging by the airport for a moment - with photo equipment at the ready! I suppose cameras are only a sin when Obama uses them though.

Seems to ME that they are BOTH the same.

So tell me again, what the HELL are you trying to prove?

There ya go.

edited out swear word.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by Adevoc Satanae]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
in a perfect world it would have went something like this...
dubya: hey guys!! huck yuck!! surprise!!!
soldier 1: hey! there's that d*** who sent us over here, get him!!!
soldier 2: yeah!
soldier 1: ..and he's got cheney with him!!!
soldier 2 : DOUBLE CASTRATION!!!
soldiers in unison : rabble rabble rabble

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Yawn,just another self serving photo op you see them all the time.Don't worry Im sure the current figgurehead will do one soon enough.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
This is just Bush trying out a photo op to improve his image.

I'm not sure of the motives for improving his image, but something bigger may be brewing.

I doubt this was truly sincere - This wasn't about the troops, he was thinking
about himself I'm sure. Maybe I'm wrong though...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I guess giving up golf for 3 months is a lot better than our current president. Who in his first year golfed more times than Bush did in 8 years...................................................................................................................... Not to mention he actually played a "quick game of hoops" before visiting troops at the hospital.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelinside451
I guess giving up golf for 3 months is a lot better than our current president. Who in his first year golfed more times than Bush did in 8 years...................................................................................................................... Not to mention he actually played a "quick game of hoops" before visiting troops at the hospital.

Oh my god, NOT BASKETBALL
What a monster.

How dare he be a human being?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Presidents are scapegoats to distract us from who really is running the world economy and military.

It's like PR in the opposite sense. The President of the USA basically takes the blame for everything, as smokescreen.

We all know that the international bankers are far more powerful and call way more shots. We all know that the directors of the top 150 fortune companies are far more powerful. We all know the that military industrial complex runs it's own game, no matter what the President says against them.

Yet despite these blatant facts, people attack Bush like every things his fault. It's just sad really it is.

I will bring it up again folks.

This is just like in the movie 1984, when the people are watching the big theater screen for their daily propaganda.

And the screen shows the face of some guy, the scapegoat. And everyone stands up screaming and yelling, foaming at the mouth with pure hatred for that "face on the screen".

It's just a magnet for your anger. So that you will not direct your anger at the TRUE criminals here.

Stop screaming at the face on the screen (Bush) and put your brains to work for once people!

The Wizard is behind the Curtain. The face you are yelling at is a distraction!

Yes I threw in the Wizard of Oz metaphor because today is the 71st anniversary of the film.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by breakonthrough9

I'm not sure of the motives for improving his image, but something bigger may be brewing.

Well, he does have a book coming out soon but it has been postponed until after the election because of the damage it may do to Republicans.

Bush Memiors Postponed

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by breakonthrough9

Well, he does have a book coming out soon but it has been postponed until after the election because of the damage it may do to Republicans.

Bush Memiors Postponed

One good slant deserves another:

www.politico.com...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join