It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George W. Bush makes surprise visit to U.S. troops

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Takes a white man to come up with such a phrase, eh?

Contrary to popular (white) belief, we don't live in a post-racial society. It's just been brushed under the carpet.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Yes, it was. It wasn't during his Apology Tour after he took office, but when he was campaigning. I corrected the orignial posters statement.

Check out the date:
www.reuters.com...

I never said anything about when this happened.

From the same source as above:

"The Pentagon, in a statement, cited longstanding Defense Department policy that prohibits military personnel or facilities from association with partisan political campaigns and elections."

Uh huh. No proof he decided not to go because he was not allowed to bring cameras though, right?

No, it's not. He could visit as a Senator, like many do, but he couldn't go there glad-handing as a Presidential Candidate.

Go back and read the sentence again.

Again, from the source I provided:

"The Pentagon certainly did not tell the senator that he could not visit Landstuhl," Whitman said. "The issue here is that if you are both a sitting senator and a political candidate, when you are doing things like a visit to Landstuhl, you need to do it in your capacity as a sitting senator."

Uh huh. Still no proof that he decided not to go because he could not bring cameras. He turned down the trip because he did not want it to look like a political stop. How would it look that way with no PR? But then he spent time with Iraq vets at Walter Reed.

Can you prove he turned it down because he could not bring cameras?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
So are you guys on the Right and the Left, just going to keep fighting like children and watch the bad guys win because of you. Grow up.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
How sinister do those two look, If i didn't know who they were id think that they just conned the local Toys for Tots drive out of their Elmos.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
Takes a white man to come up with such a phrase, eh?

Contrary to popular (white) belief, we don't live in a post-racial society. It's just been brushed under the carpet.

Just keep rocking that old, tired race card. It's not getting you anywhere, troll.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae
Uh huh. No proof he decided not to go because he was not allowed to bring cameras though, right?

Uh huh. Still no proof that he decided not to go because he could not bring cameras. He turned down the trip because he did not want it to look like a political stop. How would it look that way with no PR? But then he spent time with Iraq vets at Walter Reed.

Can you prove he turned it down because he could not bring cameras?

If you read my first post on this tired subject, you'll see I never said that Obama cancelled the trip because he couldn't bring a camera. I said that Obama made the statement that he cancelled it because he thought it would look like a campaign stop.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Couldn't read past the first page of this thread.

ATS is turning into bi-partisan crap to a very surprising extent. Really makes this place unpleasant and, to put it plainly, stupid.

What the hell is wrong with yall? Yall are arguing Bush's golfing Vs. Obama's concerts.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
ummm what is that symbole on his shurt ?!?!?!?!?!?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephi1337
ummm what is that symbole on his shurt ?!?!?!?!?!?

Can't tell. Some sort of triangle.

Maybe W is a Trekkie??

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

removed by poster

[edit on 8/12/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

Bush played golf one time after his initial august claim that he revealed 5 years later in 2008.

No, Bush got caught lying once, when it happened.
[edit on 12-8-2010 by Adevoc Satanae]

Sorry, but I'll have to answer this deflector at least once myself.

You are referring to the so-called WMD "lie"? The one where Bush got "caught" listening to his advisors and their counsel turned out to be incorrect (or maybe the iraqis squirreled the WMD's away).

If that is a "lie" in your world, then let's see you pile it on the current president for all his "lies" about gitmo, the patriot act, the wars, the economy, etc., etc.

You keep repeating the real lie. Maybe that makes the real liar ...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

You are referring to the so-called WMD "lie"? The one where Bush got "caught" listening to his advisors and their counsel turned out to be incorrect (or maybe the iraqis squirreled the WMD's away).

Uh...no.

If that is a "lie" in your world, then let's see you pile it on the current president for all his "lies" about gitmo, the patriot act, the wars, the economy, etc., etc.

Reading take too much time for you?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by humbleseeker
I have always liked Bush. He was a man who stood by his principals, I believe that he did his best to defend the United States.

You are aware that we were attacked by foreign people on our own soil to the toll of 3000 dead while he was defending the country, right? When was the last time that happened?

Another lie.

Yes Bush was in office at the time. Less time than obama has been in office, but obama still gets a pass by all of you. But recall that the attacks were planned during the previous administration - Clinton - and allowed to happen because Clinton would not approve arresting OBL when Clinton had the chance (but was "distracted".

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

If you read my first post on this tired subject, you'll see I never said that Obama cancelled the trip because he couldn't bring a camera. I said that Obama made the statement that he cancelled it because he thought it would look like a campaign stop.

Uh huh. It was someone else that said he canceled because he could not bring his camera. You said

Candidates can't use the military bases, etc, as a campaign backdrop. They said that he could only visit the wounded with a couple of his staff and that's it; the military would supply photographers.
So uh...what did that have to do with your explanation for him canceling the trip? Otherwise you are admitting that you agree with me, he canceled because he did not want it to look like a political stunt, right?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Uh...no.

Reading take too much time for you?

Absolutely no doubt that I read faster than you are able to think.

You want to play insults with me? Got something you want to fabricate about me?

[edit on 8/12/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
he went there to pass his illuminati oder thats for sure...

part 1

hope you will go through all parts

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Absolutely no doubt that I read faster than you are able to think.

Seeing as how I never mentioned WMDs and the lie I spoke of is right on the first page, how fast do you have to read in order to imagine things I never wrote?

You want to play insults with me? Got something you want to fabricate about me?

Nope. I will let you make up arguments to have with me about things I never wrote because you are such a fantastic reader. How about you use those super fast readings skills to correct that post up there by finding the truth on the front page of this thread?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo
Yes, because nobody is racist in America anymore, right?

Never said that, but I do notice that if anyone says anything bad about a decision or action that Obama does, especially here on ATS, someone is always screaming, "You're being racist!!!!"

People need to get a grip. Doesn't matter what color you are, you can always be an ass-hat.

Yes but it's also quite obvious that some people in America don't like Obama for his skin color, it's inevitable.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by humbleseeker
I have always liked Bush. He was a man who stood by his principals, I believe that he did his best to defend the United States.

You are aware that we were attacked by foreign people on our own soil to the toll of 3000 dead while he was defending the country, right? When was the last time that happened?

Another lie.

Um...what?

Yes Bush was in office at the time.

So then it was not a lie.

Less time than obama has been in office, but obama still gets a pass by all of you.

Yes, Obama gets a pass on 9/11 from me and most likely many others. Maybe you can explain why I should blame him?

But recall that the attacks were planned during the previous administration - Clinton - and allowed to happen because Clinton would not approve arresting OBL when Clinton had the chance (but was "distracted".

I did not say anything about planning. Bush was president. Bush was defending the country. Terrorists got through that defense. They could have been planning it for a century, they still got through while Bush was in charge.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

Again, now who can't read?

I posted just a few of the things obama has said that have turned out to actually be lies.

You invite a hypocrisy charge if you find no fault with obama while denigrating Bush because as MOST people understand, Bush clearly inherited the terrorist attacks and tried to do something about them BESIDES AND INSTEAD OF blaming Clinton. A clear difference between Bush's actions and those of obama, who blames Bush for everything while solving nothing.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join