It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George W. Bush makes surprise visit to U.S. troops

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

Originally posted by hippomchippo
Does the American public have amnesia?

Heh.

Bush is the same bush that created the patriot act and SENT those troops to war in the first place!
Oh, but it's okay, he's there for a photo-op with one of them.

Exactly. Don't forget about the constituency that actually wants this to continue, forever and the even more schizophrenic one that, in addition, would complain about government intrusion. A few photos and they're hypnotized into submission while believing they're "awakened" and not still imprisoned in their minds by suggestive propoganda. Yep, the programming is working bug-free.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire (condensed)

Exactly, in four years are people going to praising Obama because he's visiting the troops in Iran?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Exactly, in four years are people going to praising Obama because he's visiting the troops in Iran?

Heck, no! Honestly, I think a double-standard will apply, if the action implied by the loaded question pans out.

I should have answered "Mu", but I didn't.

More (relevant?) Voltaire (because I'm developing a fancy all of a sudden):
There are truths which are not for all men, nor for all times.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
When I saw this post, it brought to mind Obama's European tour, and the incident where he refused to visit the wounded troops in the hospital in Germany(?) because his photo crew was not permitted to go along.

As it turned out, that was a true glimpse of the manchild and his lack of character.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
When I saw this post, it brought to mind Obama's European tour, and the incident where he refused to visit the wounded troops in the hospital in Germany(?) because his photo crew was not permitted to go along.

Pretty sure you are just making that up.

As it turned out, that was a true glimpse of the manchild and his lack of character.

The thing you just made up?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Haha, nice distraction. As others have said, I see no respect in play here.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I cant believe the vitriol here, someone posts a feel good story and picked the wrong photo... I can tell you if I were coming back from Iraq or wherever, I wouldnt mind seeing the G Dub.

I can say that and actually know what the hell I am talking about since I am in the military and have been overseas multiple times. So all of you should get off your high horses and quit speaking for everyone.

Do I think he was a good president? No.
Do I think he was a traitor with the patriot act? Yes.'
Do I agree with the wars? No.\

However, I do believe this... He did his best based on a set of morals that you may or may not share. A set of ideals that you may or may not share, an ability to set in motion things to achieve goals that you may or may not share. The one thing I can say, HE STUCK TO HIS GUNS! For that I respect him, even if I disagree with the results.

S&F to you jibeho

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

You should try keeping up with current events. Or is one year ago too far back in history for you to remember?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Who told you this? Glenn Beck?

Seriously, if you want clues as to why Bush is STILL revered by the sheeple and Obama is despised, look at their skin tones.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Are 9 years too far back for you? How about 6?

Bush deserves no respect. He's a true traitor to this country and just look at him. He shows no shame.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae

Pretty sure you are just making that up.

It wasn't during his Apology Tour, but when he was campaigning.

Candidates can't use the military bases, etc, as a campaign backdrop. They said that he could only visit the wounded with a couple of his staff and that's it; the military would supply photographers.

Obama said he canxed the trip because he didn't want it to look like a campaign stop. Trouble is, he could have still visited as a Senator, just don't bring along the Dog and Pony Show.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
Seriously, if you want clues as to why Bush is STILL revered by the sheeple and Obama is despised, look at their skin tones.

Ah, the race card.

When it doubt, always throw that bad boy down!!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

You're right - thanks for the correction.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
I think a message is being sent for everyone, semi-steganographically.

I think it's just a guy with a doofy smile.

If you want a message being sent, find the pic of Hillary Clinton in A-stan or Iraq shaking hands with an Army officer. He's clearing giving the "distress signal" with his other hand.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
well yea all people though bush was soo bad,but when obama came,now all people prefer bush back,i mean look at this guy! he looks like a normal happy person,cool old dude,he even has sweat on hi shirt. i cant believe this man used to be rule the us and was into the bilderberg and all that stuff xD

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by The Sword

Ah, the race card.

When it doubt, always throw that bad boy down!!

Yes, because nobody is racist in America anymore, right?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

You should try keeping up with current events. Or is one year ago too far back in history for you to remember?

I am plenty up on things. It is a little hard to keep up on fairy tales though, sorry. Perhaps you have a source?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

No it wasn't. I know what trip is being referenced but the "facts" being reported here about it are wrong.

Candidates can't use the military bases, etc, as a campaign backdrop. They said that he could only visit the wounded with a couple of his staff and that's it; the military would supply photographers.

How about you back that up with something. I have a completely different story.

Obama said he canxed the trip because he didn't want it to look like a campaign stop. Trouble is, he could have still visited as a Senator, just don't bring along the Dog and Pony Show.

You do realize that paragraph is self contradictory, right?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival

HIP HIP HORAAAAAY!
HIP HIP HORAAAAAY!

YOU GO GEORGE....I'M WITH YOU!

LET IT BE KNOWN I AM GIVING UP CREAM IN MY COFFEE FOR
THE TROOPS!!

I take it you didn't see a couple of posts down where it was explained that the giving up of golf was only until his next game.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Yes, because nobody is racist in America anymore, right?

Never said that, but I do notice that if anyone says anything bad about a decision or action that Obama does, especially here on ATS, someone is always screaming, "You're being racist!!!!"

People need to get a grip. Doesn't matter what color you are, you can always be an ass-hat.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

No it wasn't. I know what trip is being referenced but the "facts" being reported here about it are wrong.

Yes, it was. It wasn't during his Apology Tour after he took office, but when he was campaigning. I corrected the orignial posters statement.

Check out the date:
www.reuters.com...

How about you back that up with something. I have a completely different story.

From the same source as above:

"The Pentagon, in a statement, cited longstanding Defense Department policy that prohibits military personnel or facilities from association with partisan political campaigns and elections."

You do realize that paragraph is self contradictory, right?

No, it's not. He could visit as a Senator, like many do, but he couldn't go there glad-handing as a Presidential Candidate.

Again, from the source I provided:

"The Pentagon certainly did not tell the senator that he could not visit Landstuhl," Whitman said. "The issue here is that if you are both a sitting senator and a political candidate, when you are doing things like a visit to Landstuhl, you need to do it in your capacity as a sitting senator."

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join