It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George W. Bush makes surprise visit to U.S. troops

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
This is what it is all about folks!

This is about showing respect and appreciation for our troops and their families. Remember when he gave up golfing out of respect and admiration for our troops and their families back in 2003? Should there be a lesson here??

Former President George W. Bush and his wife, Laura, made a surprise visit to U.S. troops this afternoon.

They showed up at the USO in the Dallas-Fort Worth airport. There they mingled with the returning soldiers, thanked them, chatted and posed for photos as proof of the unexpected encounter for folks back home.

The USO just posted an assortment of the photos on its Facebook page, which quickly drew a growing list of appreciative comments.

"What an AWESOME moment," Robert Rowe wrote. "If anyone can't see the President and First Lady's love for our nations troops, they must be dead or blind. May God Bless them ALL !" Richard Cruz wrote: "The look on that kid's face says it all...."

And Shirley Lovely Fry added: "A President and First Lady who love their country and their country's military."

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

for more photos, read the comments!!!
www.facebook.com...#!/photo.php?pid=6897723&id=361997510504&ref=fbx_album&fbid=475595955504

[edit on 12-8-2010 by jibeho]

[edit on 12-8-2010 by jibeho]

+29 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
This is what it is all about folks!

This is about showing respect and appreciation for our troops and their families. Remember when he gave up golfing out of respect and admiration for our troops and their families back in 2003? Should there be a lesson here??

Yeah, I remember he gave up golf in August 2003. What a great guy. Hopefully that did not cause any trouble when he was golfing in October 2003.

[T]he Associated Press reported on Oct. 13, 2003, that he’d spent a “cool, breezy Columbus Day” playing “a round of golf with three long-time buddies.
source

Doh!

[edit on 12-8-2010 by Adevoc Satanae]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I really hated bush. Until i just realized i was brainwashed. Now i dont like him....but i respect him.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Former United States President, George W. Bush, demonstrated to the troops how to win the war on terror using the Vulcan shoulder pinch.

Umm....that guy looks scared like he's saying, "Please, God, kill me!"

+45 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Total respect, send them to die for your rich buddies. That's true respect right there.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

Well, that didn't take long. Save your ire for the current boss.

A majority of all combat-related U.S. casualties in the nine-year-long war in Afghanistan have occurred since President Barack Obama was inaugurated a little more than 17 months ago.

Between Jan. 20, 2009 and July 2, 2010, according to CNSNews.com's database of Afghanistan war casualties, U.S. military personnel suffered 452 combat-related deaths in Afghanistan. That amounts to more than half of the total of 900 combat-related fatalities suffered by U.S. forces in Afghanistan during the entire nine years of the war.

www.cnsnews.com...

This about respect for the troops... I think the current boss could take a lesson here rather than the constant vacations, golf outings and the White House concert series.

While much of the country is struggling to pay their bills, the President and First Lady are partying like rock royalty. The collection of talent that has made the pilgrimage to the White House to entertain Obama and friends is nothing less than amazing: Bob Dylan, Stevie Wonder, Tony Bennet, Paul Simon, Marc Anthony, Herbie Hancock, Martina McBride, Queen Latifah, The Foo Fighters, Faith Hill, and recently foot-in-mouth Paul McCartney to name a few....
at least 27 concerts so far and no sacrifice whatsoever from Barry or his wife.
www.canadafreepress.com...

let the good times roll

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Well, that didn't take long. Save your ire for the current boss.

Has nothing to do with ire for a boss but love of accuracy.

This about respect for the troops... I think the current boss could take a lesson here rather than the constant vacations, golf outings and the White House concert series.

So lying and empty gestures would be respectful? I am certain Obama could lie about golfing too if that would seem more respectful to you. Would it?

LOL! So when defending Bush gets to be too hard (after one whole post) you bring up the Obama guests of the white house?

What is this thread about?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Even though I have had my suspicions about George Bush's character
in the past, this new revelation about his giving up golfing to show respect
for the troops has completely quelled my doubt.

It takes an incredibly strong character to make such a sacrifice,
and I am now in awe of this man....

HIP HIP HORAAAAAY!
HIP HIP HORAAAAAY!
HIP HIP HORAAAAAY!

YOU GO GEORGE....I'M WITH YOU!

LET IT BE KNOWN I AM GIVING UP CREAM IN MY COFFEE FOR
THE TROOPS!!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

What is this thread about?

Read my opening post!! You took this thread downhill and I cast the light on what is occurring with the current regime during our nation's hard times. Get a bleepin clue!!!

I read this story, saw the pictures and thought it was awesome. Look at the troops expressions.... This was a spontaneous event to thank those who serve our country. I don't agree with how this war has played out but I will support each and every soldier to the end.

Time for you to pray to Lucifer for a little insight...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I always loved bush, even in the times when everybody hated him.
2-nd line

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Read my opening post!! You took this thread downhill and I cast the light on what is occurring with the current regime during our nation's hard times. Get a bleepin clue!!!

I did. It is supposed to be about Bush showing respect for the troops. In that, an example of a lie he told (out of respect) was given to further show just how super respectful of the troops he is.

I addressed this example and this respect by pointing out that words mean little when actions belie them. How did Obama come up?

I read this story, saw the pictures and thought it was awesome. Look at the troops expressions....

LOL, no YOU look at them. As someone already rightfully pointed out, the picture you used is not an example in your favor. That is not the expression of a man who is comfortable or happy but hey, wave that flag high.

This was a spontaneous event to thank those who serve our country. I don't agree with how this war has played out but I will support each and every soldier to the end.

So if I send you off to die so my friends can get rich, as long as I pop in unexpectedly I can expect you to thank me for it?

+40 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Bush should be sitting in jail for war crimes and crimes against humanity. He sent these young men and women to die in an unjust war and now you want me to give him a pat on the back for driving to the local airport to greet some of the survivors returning home? Please the man is a disgraceful bum, plain and simple.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
Bush should be sitting in jail for war crimes and crimes against humanity. He sent these young men and women to die in an unjust war and now you want me to give him a pat on the back for driving to the local airport to greet some of the survivors returning home? Please the man is a disgraceful bum, plain and simple.

every leader in history who did ever make war even once should have been sitting in jail for crimes against humanity. What makes bush an exception? Or there are "legal" and "illegal" wars, "good" and "bad" wars.
Cut the crap.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Bush played golf one time after his initial august claim that he revealed 5 years later in 2008. Perhaps he just misspoke and got the info wrong. Obama and his wife misspeak all of the time and get little deserved mulligans for their statements.

5 years without golf is still much more of a sacrifice than we are currently seeing with the current first family who are out to take all they can while they can get it.

Once again, this is about a respect for the troops. Enjoy!!

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Wow, President Bush gets racked over the coals for golfing, yet obumblebutt and michael are constantly on vacation, golfing or throwing parties and the press says nothing. So much for an unbiased press huh?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Yeah, JWB is thanking US citizens for being brainwashed. And by the smile on his face in that photo, i guess he is happy they still are brainwashed and doing their job for Obama and co.

Well, we all have one thing in common. We all work for the same people even if dont serve in the army. So i am just as guilty. But i love to accuse and complain. That is all we can do. These people got us by the balls if we like it or not.

ATS has been around for a long time, and the world is still the same.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Bush played golf one time after his initial august claim that he revealed 5 years later in 2008.

No, Bush got caught lying once, when it happened. That exposes him as a liar and insincere but I am sure he was good on his word other than that, right? I know many troops still send cards and letters thanking him for the hard work he did clearing brush on his ranch.

Perhaps he just misspoke and got the info wrong. Obama and his wife misspeak all of the time and get little deserved mulligans for their statements.

Again with Obama? Why do you need to bring up Obama in order to talk about Bush? Is Bush really so bad that the best way you can defend him is to attack someone else?

5 years without golf is still much more of a sacrifice than we are currently seeing with the current first family who are out to take all they can while they can get it.

Really? Obama is getting troops out of Iraq. Think they are all saying "nah we will stay, just stop playing golf like Bush did!"

Be honest now, how do you know he did not play golf for 5 years? Because he said so? Did we not just go over this? Stop thinking about Obama for five minutes and try to keep up with your own thread. Bush is a liar. He lied about not playing golf. You trust that he did not play any more golf, after the golf he played after he quit, simply because he told you so.
Interesting logic.

What is the sacrifice again? How many troops have thanked him for his lack of golf? I missed that.

Once again, this is about a respect for the troops. Enjoy!!

I thought it was about Bush showing respect for the troops by hanging out at the airport for a bit? It is in the title and everything?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

LOL, no YOU look at them. As someone already rightfully pointed out, the picture you used is not an example in your favor. That is not the expression of a man who is comfortable or happy but hey, wave that flag high.

I see a wide eyed smile, the same expression i see on my kids faces when their grandparents fly in for a visit, and you see something evil. No surprise. Did you look at the rest of the pictures? Probably not. Time to get over whatever dark force is holding you back.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

Let's see, G.W. Bush spent 487 days at camp david, 490 days at the Crawford ranch and 43 days at Kennebunkport compound. That adds up to 1020 days of vacation or more than 1/3 of his total presidency. I believe that Bush set the record for the most vacation time taken by any president. Yeah, giving up golf was a real sacrifice wasn't it?

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Oh my lol, look at how crappy ATS has become. you get a new president and all of a sudden Bush is a saint. What does this have to do with obama? Talk about deflection. Obama is a a scumbag same as Bush, but this is about Bush "respecting" the troops.

Sure, send them all off to their death for oil. That's respect. here let me throw you a bone-I'll come visit you.

Bush, the waterboarding, lying, bullhorning saint.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join