It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surprise Meteor Shower? Major June activity may unexpectedly occur

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Hey guys... it's now the second night of this 'shower'...

Just like last night, I'd appreciate it if anyone recorded anything interesting that they might see for ATS readers, here. Work requirements prevent me from staying up a slate as you guys out in the mountain and pacific zones... but I'll be tuned in as long as you are posting for another hour or so

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I'm covered in clouds in the land of Sears, Wrigley, and the Calumet Basin... so I need the international help in checking for this (if it actually exists).

(now, I think the above is a much more interesting *Bump* than most seen on ASTS, no?
)

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   
onlyinmydreams,

Hey, I watched for a while, but we've got cumulus drifting around tonight.
Viewing is not that great.
There is another chance on 26th-27th, correct?

On last nights viewing:

Although they were dim, and not plentiful. I'll have to admit it was interesting
seeing "slow" meteors. It was an unusual sight to see a short pink line being drawn in the sky each time one entered. Not the usual streaking across the sky. So, in a way it was memorable..!

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Your updates are good to read. I am in what would normally be a great location to stargaze, but the weather has been rainy so far, and the extended forecast calls for more of the same. I am intrigued by the "slow meteor" effect; I so wish I could see it for myself.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Special emphasis will be placed on two specific nights: June 22-23 and June 26-27.

Don't forget, there is still another chance to see these.
The second set of days, may provide a better chance.
Unless, of course you are clouded over..

Good Luck!

I'll be providing more info tonight, if anyone is interested.
If anyone else is viewing, please provide updates if possible!

[edit on 26-6-2004 by spacedoubt]

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
keep an eye out.

one large one was just reported:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   
oops, i thought he said NJ and not NZ.

Still, everyone who can should keep a lookout for the end of the shower.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Well,

I tried. Didn't see anything the night of the 26th.
The moonlight wasn't too bad, Viewing was decent.

I was out for a total of 3 hours, and nothin'.

Anybody else? Anything at all?

Space

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Hi, I saw 4, maybe 5, in Michigan on Saturday, 26th around somewhere from 10:45 to 11:15 I'm guessing. They were all together and I was out watching fireworks with a huge group of friends at one of our houses. It stole the show and everyone was screaming "Look at that!!!" Everyone was pointing and we were able to follow them with our fingers as they were visable for so long.

The most anazing thing I've ever seen in the sky and some people were saying UFO. Since I'm into space and UFO's I was able to tell they were probably meteors.

We could see them all the way across the sky. From tree line to tree line. There were 4 together in a tight little group but it looked like a fifth may have been hiding behind the tail of another one. They went in a straight line across the entire sky, they never made any crazy turn or change in course. You could tell they were VERY far out there and not fireworks of any sort. The only reason we lost site of them was because they had gone out of our range of vision, it was all so very clear. They were yellow to bright white and there was a greenish tint around them, the tail had a hint of green also. They were booking faster than jets and appeared to be further out. They were going fast but not so fast that we couldn't follow them with ease. It was much slower than a "shooting star."

I, and evryone else, was stunned by how long and how well we could see them. I believe in UFO's and aliens but have never seen any. This would be so very hard to top by anything other than some kind of strange craft I could spot, the quality was just so hard to believe. It was one of the coolest things I've ever seen and it knocked the wind out of me.

I'm glad you posted this cause I was searching on the net trying to find articles on this incase anyone else saw it. This is all I've found so far. I even checked the UFO report site to see if people reported them mistakingly as UFO's. I'm glad to have confirmation on the event. Very cool. My girlfriend is pumped as well, I showed her this post as soon as I found it. She was pumped to see it all as well.

E_T

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Earth mass increases daily with hundreds tons because of meteoroids.

science.nasa.gov...
About couple times in decade there's some bigger object which explodes in upper atmosphere with about megaton power.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   
The weather has been too cloudy or else id be lookin up.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Mandalorianwarrior,

Really great description!

Thanks a lot for that.
Sounds like you guys had an incredible display.

Wasn't it weird to see a slow meteor?
I was trying to describe it to someone and all
I could come up with was like they were being "drawn"
across the sky, like a brushstoke or something..

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 04:55 AM
link   
All right, that's it. I am moving to the high desert for the Leonids!

Thanks, Mandalorianwarrior, for taking the time to put up such a good description. Now I am really jealous of you guys. Has anyone found any photos or videos of the event? I have been skimming SpaceWeather, Sky & Telescope -all the places I think of for astronomy pics- and have come up empty.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Hmm,

I just read the other posts about the Russian Rocket parts re-entering.
Maybe thats what out friend in Michigan was seeing..Sounds like
the timing was right for this..

Check this out Mandolarianwarrior..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Hi Spacedoubt, Thanks for the replies and the info as well. Man, I really lost track of this post and finally found it again
Hopefully you gues do as well.

The way you describe "drawn across the sky, like a brushstoke or something.." is amazing. That's the exact way this appeared as well. That's a very good way to explain it. It was very strange, whatever this thing was.

It's funny you should bring up the info on it being Russian Rocket parts re-entering. One of my friends who saw it said he found an article a month or so after the event that claimed the same thing and this article also placed it at the same time and date.

This made me wonder though. Could this have been an event that was seen by many and needed an explanation from our government? A month or longer is a long time for the US to finally release an article on this event. Maybe it really takes that long but I don't know. It really did seem like a controled flight path and that's why I thought it had to be meteors or something like that. I figured they had their set path and just blew past earth. Would the rocket parts have such a set path if re-entering? I guess they would if it was just before the atmosphere was acting upon them. But what about when they were entering? I guess entering could explain the green glow, maybe. The Russian explanation is very interesting and I'm guessing it's not a cover-up. It was awesome to see no matter what it was

Also, thank you Spectre. I really wanted to describe it perfect because it was so breathtaking. There is no way I could truly put it into words. I really do hope you get to see something like this some day.

[edit on 14-2-2005 by Mandalorianwarrior]

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Spacedoubt,

I just noticed that the link you gave me to check out was posted here on 27-6-2004. I had previously stated that the Russian Rocket explanation may be kind of fishy with my friend finding this explanation a month after the event. Onlyinmydreams posted about this same event only a day after it took place, and with articles as well.

This shows my friend must have been late getting to the article and it probably was Russian Rocket parts re-entering. Or at least that the cover-up was QUICK

Hmmm... I'll have to believe that it was Russian rocket parts re-entering now. Very interesting all the same. Thanks again for the info.

Man, see what losing track of a thread can do? I was out of wack until I checked all the dates and such. This place rocks.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join