It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart: The Race Card is Maxed Out

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I know, I know, it's all me, I'm the only person that's crazy, for some reason I haven't drank the white supremacist kool aid, and I'm crazy cause I think it's wrong to persecute a specific group of human beings. I'm the crazy one.
I don't think anyone is calling you crazy(well, maybe!).

But you have been putting words(and thoughts) in peoples mouths(and minds) that there is absolutely no proof of(to my knowledge), if there was, I am sure you would post it.

Here is an example:

Oh come on Rock, give it a rest, Gee, let's see: www.rsdb.org... how many of those have you personally used in hate against "illegals"? But of course you can't use those openly, so the word "illegal" is substituted. And please, don't think that I am ignorant, this whole anti-immigrant movement has been spearheaded by John Tanton. I don't believe for a moment that it's just illegals y'all want to get rid of, it's anyone that came from south of the boarder or anyone that came from the middle east legal or not.
I don't think it is fair to say these things about Rockpuck, unless there is something I don't know about (if you ask my wife, that is extremely likely, ha ha).

I agree with MBTM (with exception to the question of your sanity) and starred his post.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
The idea of a "race card" is just completely juvenile and it ignores the fact that no matter how much progress people make, there will always be racism and racist people.

hmm im confused

is the idea of a race card juvenile to you

or is the action of trying to use a race card what you consider to be juvenile?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf

Originally posted by The Sword
The idea of a "race card" is just completely juvenile and it ignores the fact that no matter how much progress people make, there will always be racism and racist people.

hmm im confused

is the idea of a race card juvenile to you

or is the action of trying to use a race card what you consider to be juvenile?
I have never seen an actual 'race card'.

Since it is virtual in nature, I believe it has to be 'used' in order to exist.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by whatukno

WTF are you talking about? Master Race card? Hell where can I get one of these?? Is there some sort of handshake We get to use? Do we have a club house some cool password? Really I want to know?

This master race card thing is just the latest fad.....its hard not to think of yourself as a master race when not only some of your own but many of the others are always calling you that!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

This master race card thing is just the latest fad.....its hard not to think of yourself as a master race when not only some of your own but many of the others are always calling you that!

Card Usage applies as such:

Race Card: You're not going to hire me because im Black!
Fat Card: You don't want to date me because im fat!
Old Card: You want to take my drivers license away because im Old!
American Express Card: Im an American, you're not, i win, you die!

...Master Race Card: You didnt hire me because im vastly superior to you!

or, as a counter argument will go

"You better hire me because im vastly superior to you!"

Neither argument exists in main stream white society. There maybe certain INDIVIDUALS (Few and far between) but, as i say again, a few stray cattle don't speak for the whole herd.

So, while you can argue that the idea of a master race card certainly does exist, i don't think you can make an intelligent argument to say that white people use it, in the way that blacks or hispanics use the race card.

If anything, white people, as a whole, are not card users at all. They simply don't have a line of credit in order to be accepted.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
Jon Stewart is clueless fool.

I don't know how otherwise reasonable adults can turn to this professional clown for insight and knowledge.

He reveals is true ignorance when he speaks about Jihad. He displays such total lack of understanding that he actually serves as a useful idiot for Jihad. And he also serves to keep ignorant those who are the direct target of Jihad activities.

I would wager he is a communist and a apologist for Islamic Jihad.

I often think the same thing! Some people take him seriously -- I mean they actually watch "The Daily Show" for their news & political opinion. The "dumbing down of America" has been intentional & very successful. This generation of young sheeple are even easier to herd than the previous one.

And Stewart is just a laugh whore. The Leftist viewpoint is considered "kewl" among his devotees, so he slants his humor that way. But I suspect, he would slant his humor wherever the most laughs are.

SeaWind

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SeaWind

He's a comedian, people should know this, but like a good comedian, he pokes fun with the truth.

George Carlin.
Bill Maher
Lewis Black
Dennis Miller
Stephen Colbert
Chris Rock
David Cross
Janeane Garofalo
Patton Oswalt

comedians.about.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Well there is a cultural unity between white supremacists and black racists that neither group of idiots admit to. The white supremacists actually stole a section of rhetoric from their own black relatives. I do believe in accountability but sometimes there is black tax (racism) which is the little bit extra that the ideal candidate has to be when up against a very similar white candidate. Still there are other taxes that apply to women, gay men, southerners etc. When we look at it there are all kinds of bigots and too few jobs!

Being black has never ever given me any kind of social advantage to move up.
I obviously need a race card!

But I just keep on pushing

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Tiger5]

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
reply to post by Logarock

So, while you can argue that the idea of a master race card certainly does exist, i don't think you can make an intelligent argument to say that white people use it, in the way that blacks or hispanics use the race card.

If anything, white people, as a whole, are not card users at all. They simply don't have a line of credit in order to be accepted.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Snarf]

Yes one cant make a good agrument that whites use this.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

In all sincere honesty? Anchor Baby. But only because I don't consider it a derogatory term, but a political fact.

Scour away on my postings, you'll never once see me right anything derogatory. And I've even admitted I hate Mexicans. As a country. The same way, I suppose, many hate America. I've no problem admitting it. When I see illegals from countries like Liberia, or China, or Myanmar.. I can see where they are coming for, and I can have empathy because I know they truly needed a better life, and if we can help some, we should. But Mexico is an exceedingly rich country with an exceedingly corrupt government and an arrogant population that hold our laws in contempt. Has nothing to do with race, those in power in Mexico are usually White, the middle class is almost all Caucasian/Native mix, and the majority of those that cross the border and take skilled labor jobs are Mestizos.

I don't believe for a moment that it's just illegals y'all want to get rid of, it's anyone that came from south of the boarder or anyone that came from the middle east legal or not.

I have not heard anyone rail against legal immigrants from the Middle East?

And most ME'ers are Caucasian too.
And I've no problem with legal immigrants from South of the Border. In fact, I don't even have much of a problem with second generation illegals that speak English and abide by our customs.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Card Usage applies as such:

Race Card: You're not going to hire me because im Black!
Fat Card: You don't want to date me because im fat!
Old Card: You want to take my drivers license away because im Old!
American Express Card: Im an American, you're not, i win, you die!

For those interested in the entire quote, please see Snarf's post above (didn't post in entirety - don't think excessive quoting is encouraged)

Just wanted to congratulate Snarf for his/her post

Well said

Maybe quite soon, white people WILL be be card-carrying members of the Exploited White Society

Why not, indeed ?

It's fast approaching the point where whites are *THE* most disadvantaged group -- way at the back of line, behind anyone with the slightest accent -- anyone with even slightly more pigment in their skin -- anyone from outside Western nations, etc

And WHAT a relief it will be, to be able to scream 'RACIST / RACISM' at every possible opportunity !

What a RELIEF it will be when the non-Western, non-whites, non-English speaking majority are required to pay a 'White Tax' !

How NICE it will be when all non-Westerners, non-whites are required to maintain whites in the manner to which they'll become accustomed

Yes ! Those whites are now too poor to have large families - instead, they've been forced to support fast-breeding non-whites

Whites are also poor because they've been forced by their own governments to provide handouts to non-whites

Whites are unemployed, because their governments have favoured outsourcing to non-whites, non-Westerners

Wow. The inevitable is almost upon us now - whites are going extinct. They are the new poor. It's time the non-whites stepped off the podium and passed those 'Poor Me' cards to their white brothers and sisters

Then, when the non-whites are out working and paying taxes -- the whites can sit at home on welfare and start churning out lots of white babies

Gimme my White Entitlement Card !

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Dock9]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5

Well there is a cultural unity between white supremacists and black racists that neither group of idiots admit to. [edit on 13-8-2010 by Tiger5]

No kidding.

In a perfect world we could gather all the leadership of the Black Panthers and the Arian Nation/white brotherhood together in a locked warehouse late at night, with a pile of axes in the middle...turn out the lights and let them work it out amongst themselves.

OK...I stole that idea from Sir William Petty..

He had been challenged to a dual in the 1600's

Sir William Petty had insulted another chap Sir Hierome Sankey.

Sankey, a well know master with a sword challenged Petty to a dual, Petty sucked at swordplay.

Since Petty was the recipient of the challenge, the choice of weapons and venue was his.

His response was "Axes, A pitch black cellar"

Sankey promptly recinded the challenge.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom

Well, where I come from, a better life is EARNED, not GIVEN.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by Snarf]

That right there is what I am talking about, you should EARN it. It should not be GIVEN off the backs of others.

What happens when the middle class is obliterated by the taxes and everyday living expenses. Who pays the tab? We can't give free # to everyone.

And to be honest, this is also what is being referred to as the "My ideology is better than yours" card. Let's call that the "Western Union" card.

Were you aware that in many areas of tribal Africa, there is no concept that "I" achieved or failed at something. Culturally, in many areas (including parts of indigenous North America), this idea of earning something, even owning something for or by yourself just doesn't exist. In these areas things are achieved or lost by the group, not the individual.

I'm not saying which is the more valid of the cultural world views, I'm just saying that you claiming superiority of one over another not only reeks of arrogance and ignorance, detracting from your salient points, but also misses the entire reality behind how generational this cultural conditioning can be.

I know many people from cultural backgrounds who fail miserably as an individual responsible for everything about themselves. But who succeed amazingly functioning instead as part of a group. Those folks usually have a cultural identifier of having large families under one roof. You will also find that these same folks often send money they earn here back to families in other countries as well. Because that's their version of Social Security.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

And to be honest, this is also what is being referred to as the "My ideology is better than yours" card. Let's call that the "Western Union" card.

Were you aware that in many areas of tribal Africa, there is no concept that "I" achieved or failed at something. Culturally, in many areas (including parts of indigenous North America), this idea of earning something, even owning something for or by yourself just doesn't exist. In these areas things are achieved or lost by the group, not the individual.

I'm not saying which is the more valid of the cultural world views, I'm just saying that you claiming superiority of one over another not only reeks of arrogance and ignorance, detracting from your salient points, but also misses the entire reality behind how generational this cultural conditioning can be.

Were you aware that in many areas of tribal Africa, people occasionally starve to death? Only anorexics starve to death in North America or Europe. We have income support and free soup kitchens. Maybe some cultural world views are indeed better than others?
Yes, having the family stand behind you and push you along is important. We can agree on that.

[edit on 15/8/2010 by christianpatrick]

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Turkey's Protestants complain of state discrimination

www.hurriyetdailynews.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Hmm.

White people who throw out this race card nonsense are the folks that I believe to be juvenile.

I hope this clears it up for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join