It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NDM-1 Bacteria identified: Resistant to all known antibiotics

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
According to Reuters a new “superbug” called NDM-1 could possibly travel around the world and make bacteria immune to antibiotics, leaving people open to all sorts of other illnesses. The article notes that experts say there are no new drugs on the horizon to tackle it.

Is this again fear mongering at work?

According to the Daily Mail:

''It has been seen largely in E. coli bacteria, the most common cause of urinary tract infections, and on DNA structures that can be easily copied and passed onto other types of bacteria.

With the ballyhoo surrounding Swine Flu it’s unsure how this story will develop or how deadly it really is – but rest assured the vaccine companies will definitely find something to treat us with, whether it will work or not. ''

Lets see how this will develop.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I heard about this earlier. I'm having trouble deciding whether it's a legitimate cause for alarm or another distraction by fear effort by (insert nefarious entity here). Nothing to do but wait, I suppose.

TheAssoc.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Yeah, i'm the same. I was reading about this yesterday and was thinking is this genuine? Is this fear mongering? Or is this a bug introduced to reduce the population?

There's been 50 infected people in UK, so not worth worrying about yet. Unless you are hospitalised (funnily enough) because it's always people in hospitals that get 'superbugs'.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Wow, of course. Right after they "predict" this thing happening, it happens. I don't know this seems fishy to me...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Hello All

Below are the links to two other threads which are discussing this subject already.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In relation to your point about this being another conspiracy or fear mongering then I think NOT.....

I think that this new Bacteria is actually an evolution which we as humanity are trialing behind......... We will always be lagging behind and will be eventually caught out...... This is Nature..

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
This is something that I discuss regularly with my mother, a life long nurse. One of the things that she points out is that there was actually a few scientists in the 70's/80's who warned about the over-use of not just antibiotics but also antibacterials as well.

It is well known for a long time that both of these things will kill 90ish % of the target, however the remaining 10ish % will be naturally immune. Over time evolution takes it's course at a greatly accelerated pace resulting in only those organisms that are immune.

If you really want to tweak your brain, maybe that is a conspiracy in itself...People's fear of germs helps to create germs we should fear.

Although I don't watch alot of TV anymore, there is a commercial running now from J&J about a hands free soap dispenser. I don't know whether to laugh or shake my head when I see it: The entire premise is that it will automatically dispense a measure of soap without being touched, thereby saving the user from coming in contact with potentially harmful bacteria.

What makes me laugh is that it is an Anti-bacteria Soap.

"Buy this, you won't get germs on your hands IMMEDIATELY before using an anti-germ product to clean your dirty hands".

Redundant or insane?

[edit on 12-8-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Mehh.... i dont believe poopoo what they say, after the swine flu fraud, i am on alert.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
[edit on 8/12/2010 by noworldorder2012]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
www.rochester.edu/news/show.phh?id=1555
Heres one early article, before this happened. What's that about mutated ecoli?

www.cbc.ca/world/story/2010/08/uk-lancet-new-superbug.html?ref=rss
Heres an article now.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by noworldorder2012

Both links fail to provide.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Sorry it posted 3 times so I deleted the text.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by [davinci]

[davinci]

I think the 'contact-less technology' of a soap dispenser is BOTH redundant and insane...... !!

I agree with you, this is not more fear mongering etc etc but EVOLUTION...

Pharma drug companies cannot create a Vaccine here because it is NOT like Swine flu (aka a virus) it is a bacteria which has EVOLVED beyond OUR control....

Evolution of our species is what will our race with a percentile being able to cope with this infection.....

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

I've said it many times before...there is a certain amount of dirt you need to eat to be healthy.

The craze/obsession with anti-bacterials is interupting the natural development of our immune systems.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
*BIG YAWN*

Are we really going to go through the same lies as we did with Swine Flu? Let me predict the following:

*Martial Law Imminent.

*Military checkpoints for mandatory inoculations.

*Prison time/Quarantine time for any resistance.

*RFID microchips in the vaccine.

Am I missing anything? Sorry OP for being an obvious stick in the mud, and thank you for posting this. I'm just a little tired of things like this. Constant fear rammed down our necks

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

Nomad451

There will NOT be any chips in the vaccine because there is and will NOT be a vaccine...

It is NOT a virus but a bacteria which cleverly hides away and is V hard to identify........

NO Vaccine and Not a Virus like swine flu which WAS a virus...

regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by cyberjedi

Yeah, idk why I copied them exactly...

Ugh mods please delete, sorry.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Then I guess that means I better jump on the fear bandwagon that will inevitably start and scream the sky is falling were all gunna get sick and die.

Swine Flu was a load of crap, and guess what... this is a load of crap

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Swine flu is a virus...not a bacteria. So two totally different things here.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
The biologist Lyn Margules once stated that perhaps humans were not the pinnacle of evolutionary development, but that we were "vehicles' created by bacterium to ensure the safe dispersion of bacterium.

The trend toward super-resistance has always been as obvious as the rising sun.

Oh and by the way Nomad 451, you wouldn't want to yawn too much on your Fear Trollwagon, you might just catch something nasty, especially when you say you are getting a little bit tired. That's when you're most vulnerable!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join