It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"EARTHLINGS" Documantary-

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I had to share this with as many people I can.
!!!WARNING!!! This video contains extremely graphic content.

As a very sensitive person- I am surprised I made it through the entire documentary, but am glad that I did. This video is strictly for those who want to know what they are contributing to and what they are blindly supporting.

The documentary speaks for it's self. I hope we can all learn something from this.

After watching this, I have completely cut out all meat from my diet- except for fish. It has not really been that difficult, as I am an A blood-group, and should not be eating meat in the first place.... This does help. Sadly, I am still working on dairy.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Tripple_Helix

Thats a good doco, its is graphic but thats becasue the common practice is.

I do still eat occasional meat, partly cuz of my blood type, and a couple of other reasons, but I chose not to remain ignorent to where my meat came from and and what the animals went through to bring it to the plate.

Its been quite a while since Ive seen it but i'll never forget the part with the dog and the garbage crusher. The look on that dogs face said it all.

I hope we are slowly gettin there, from sexism and racism now hopefully we can do something about specism, but judgin by the last two it wont happen overnight.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by polarwarrior]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
S & F

It's video's like this that really make you feel guilty about being human.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

I can fully understand that- It's a big change to make, especially when it concerns your health. It is important to know that you can get the same proteins and irons from other sources than meat. Good luck, and thank you for making a change.

reply to post by Jordan_The_Maori

It's video's like this that really make you feel guilty about being human.

We can change what being 'human' means... The point is not to make one feel guilty- although it is normal to feel that way, but rather aware and more conscious of the choices we make.

We can make 'being human' a good thing in future. We just need to take the right steps and stick to them.

I am glad a family member showed me this doc...it has started a chain reaction within our family. And I am very grateful for it.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Video's like these let other people know that it is the human who is the animal.

At least animals kill to eat not for fun.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Yeah great documentary, although a little hard to watch I suggest everyone watch it as playing ignorant to the suffering we are causing to animals is a disgrace. Iv been a vegetarian since I was about 5 years old, no one told me I had to be 1 at that age I just knew that killing animals was not right as they have feelings just like us humans.

It truly sickens me seeing some of the cruelty going on in this world but as time goes on I am starting to see more and more people becoming aware of the suffering the animals are going through. So I hope 1 day in the future we will embrace our fellow earthlings and treat them with the respect they deserve.

Please pass this video onto your friends or family as it CAN save lives and make a difference.

Peace & love.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by Dodger13]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Dodger13

Wow! Age 5, hey....? That's amazing.

I think meat is marketed so differently these days that they actually almost forget what they are eating. It's funny, before watching this doc. I started getting really grossed out by meat. I couldn't help bet realize that, what was in my mouth was dead flesh. Not to mention the dead flesh of an innocent animal that has spent it's whole life suffering.

It's true what he says about the ignorant people...the ones who say "Don't tell me, you'll spoil my dinner." That is true ignorance, turning a blind eye and lying to yourself.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by Tripple_Helix]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I have to eat meat since I have extremely low iron and my body has a very hard time processing it, but I try to buy it from butchers who are supplied by local farmers. My family owns a local farm and when I visit them I pick up a chicken or two from them. These farms are most likely all the big brand name chicken and meat sellers.

I need meat and iron pills don't help me so yes I'm eating the flesh of another animal but have you ever seen a tiger or a lion go hmm maybe I'll eat some grass.. Its nature some animals require meat.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I don't think I can watch this esp if it's about animals being slaughtered.

I only recently found out that your blood type has a lot to do with what you should and shouldn't eat. My roommates ex wife got some blood work done and came home with a huge list of all different foods and it had each blood type and what you should eat and what you should avoid according to your blood type. It was interesting, I eat things I shouldn't and it's funny cause when I do eat these things I feel like crap. The only meat I really eat is chicken and fish occasionally.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

Take one and a half minutes out of your life...

You didn't watch the vids in my OP did you? You don't have to. Some will, some won't. There is nothing I can do about that. I am anemic as well, meat doesn't help me at all. You should rather look into why your body isn't absorbing the iron. Rather than pumping yourself with more of it. I know certain minerals and elements can compete, and if you have too much of the one, your body won't absorb any other.

Hope that helps you.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Then rather don't...

If you already don't eat meat then I applaud you for that. As I said in the OP, I am 'A' blood group, so I should only eat fish- poultry is allowed but not recommended. Also, not too much dairy. I can tell you, I feel so much lighter even after a week of not eating meat. I will slowly have to get off the dairy though...it also causes me to break out as it increases my testosterone levels as a woman. So, there are many reasons for me to leave these products..

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Acutally I'm not anemic per say My body has a hard time processing iron properly so At times I go from being very anemic, to having too much iron I have tried vitamins and iron pills and other forms of it but meat is the easiest form my body can process. No I didn't watch the video since I don't have sound but, I have seen a lot of PETA and other organization funded videos about this topic. My good friend is a supporter of PETA and doesn't eat ANY meat. She's showed me the videos and I've explained and she's seen my reactions to other forms. Iron is my only problem easily solved by eating meat. Other reasons I can't take other pills is due to my reaction to certain by products in the vitamins and minerals. I am Highly allergic to silver and any silver containing compounds. As well my reactions to many minerals are sever, in what is normal to some people is high to my body.

I've worked on a farm and local farms are not all bad yeah the animals are raised to be killed but every animal is apart of the food chain and is born to be killed by a predator. Humans don't really have any except maybe viruses and parasites but its hard to count those. We are born to die.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Sadly I don't have to watch those videos as they have already been playing in my head throughout my entire life.

When I was 14-years-old, I left my parents to live in an Animal Rehab Center for wild animals and migratory birds. I was a caretaker there until I graduated from High School and was then on my own.

Shipments of baby Chicks would arrive in the Spring and in the Fall. Fuzzy little cuties peeping because their first day on Earth had arrived. They ship them the day they hatch and they arrive the following day. Thousands of them!

One by one, two by two it was my job to dispatch them, and then freeze them for later use.

Monthly I would take a trip to a Rendered Beef plant to purchase 300 pounds of rotted, charcoal-covered beef to be used for feeding predators such as Hawks, Bobcats, Coyotes, and the like. I would see them chain the beasts up and take care of business. The smell is unlike anything you could imagine. Hides would go one direction, bones and hoofs another, guts that way, the works. All considered 'rendered' because no determination is made on what killed the animal. This meat was not for Human Consumption.

I also had to raise rats and mice in colonies. At one point my rat colony exceeded 75 strong. I had to decide on a daily basis who would die that day and who would live.

So growing up, I did not know God, I only knew Man. I cannot say I died inside but I can say that I did not fear my own death. My path was so hard to bare at such a young age. The reality of the cycle of life was my teacher.

Now, many moons later I am a much different person than I ever thought I would be. I am still subjected by my past. I raise chickens for myself, I keep them safe and warm and I adore them to pieces. I have some turkeys too. I would love to own a cow! I want to have a goat!

Why would I subject myself to this? Well it is my duty now to serve and protect them as best as I can, even if they are intended to feed me or my dogs. I name them. I spoil them, I adore them, but I have also learned that most hybridized animals suffer if we let them reach old age. It is a healthy thing if an animal is dispatched while they are happy! They do not realize the suffering if it is done with Love and with a caring heart. I hold them and tell them to let go, I am there with them. Perhaps I will be forgiven one day, the part of pain is the part I carry. I am obligated to them, to serve them well with good food, good water, and shelter.

I do not think that a 14-year-old should be subjected to this kind of reality, but that is just my own opinion on that matter. Had I been raised on a farm I would think much differently, but the killing I did was unfathomable to me even now.

Sorry, but I know what is on these videos, I know of the cruelty in Asian Countries and even here in the US with our Poultry Industry and Beef Industry.

The answer to all this lies in that the Family farm needs to return. Each of us must raise our own meat, raise it or hunt it, but do not purchase it in nice tidy containers where we disassociate ourselves from the honor of the animal! Use your own hands and through those hands use your heart; dress the animal with respect and above all learn the proper techniques for dispatching quickly and humanely.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

The answer to all this lies in that the Family farm needs to return. Each of us must raise our own meat, raise it or hunt it, but do not purchase it in nice tidy containers where we disassociate ourselves from the honor of the animal! Use your own hands and through those hands use your heart; dress the animal with respect and above all learn the proper techniques for dispatching quickly and humanely.

*Stands up and APPLAUDS*

Fantastic post and theory.

I'm a subscriber to the same way of life and I truly appreciate your opinion and taking the time to share it with us.

peace

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
by the definition of earthling being one who dwells upon the earth, wouldnt that mean a cabbage patch is also and earthling?

as well as trees and fruit, these are earthlings. gonna stop eating those too?

im all for treating animals better, but the diet needs some

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Made it till the fifth... Give me a couple of days and i´ll see the rest. TOO MUCH in one go. But thanks for bringing this to my awareness. Will post this to my facebook.

EARTHLINGS.........

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Animal don't live forever and they do come to this planet for a purpose, if this was not the case then they would not exist in this reality that we call earth.

As we kill each other every other day of the week so do we kill animals for other reasons that we require. We have not reach the point where out body do not require the meat that animals bring us.

There is more to it then this but, you have to ask your self what was I before I became a human being an animal would be a start and so are many others..

Take what you want from this, but all will be known soon enough.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jsettica

My friend, yes everything happens with a purpose. However, wanton slaughter of other sentient beings does great damage to your entire being. With discovery of oil and nuclear energy we have attained ability to bring balance to our damaged earth, and we did to some small extent, not nearly as much as we should. We still continue unneeded barbaric practices which are certainly not limited to animals, we take too much and give little in return, it will back-fire greatly while we play the blame-game. We are given obvious freedom of choice, we can take many paths but we seem to stick to the one leading straight to hell with ignorance as justification.

As for the meat, it is far from mandatory, especially if you can consume milk products like Aryans did for so long (vegetarianism is very old in India). However some of us must consume small amounts of meat, even some herbivores will consume meat when there is a chance as proven by very rare film footage. That is, not counting eating insects, since all herbivores must eat some amount of insects in their diet to stay healthy. We ignorantly disgust diet of insects and larvae (well, westerners) so we are bound to either milk, eggs, supplements, superfoods or meat. I've done a lot of reading on this. Just eating bugs that are resting on the grass your cow grazes gives the cow enough vitamins and protein, believe it or not. It is part of nature's balance to which most of us are ignorant.

One other common misconception is that animal testing saves lives. That same justification was used for experiments on Jews in WWII because it makes poisonous lies easier to swallow (ironically, Nazis were strong opponents of animal testing). Animal testing does not save lives, it saves dollars, it saves money and effort because you need less man-days of research and hard work to come up with results. Computer simulations are slowly replacing these barbaric practices, but why buy expensive technology? Human testing is also much more expensive, since humans have those pesky "rights" and you can't just throw anything at them.

It is only matter of time before we stop extreme violence on other species. We will evolve, there's no doubt about it. To me, animal mistreatment is like someone going around the town stabbing people on random for no reason - that is how plain and obviously wrong I see it. But still many of us don't see it that way, we don't see it as raw madness for what it is. I see that same madness spreading like wildfire to other spheres of life resulting in unreasonable violence and immorality.

If you think animal mistreatment is wrong, there are many ways for you to solve it, many people can help you! But there is a saying "sin is only what you think it is".

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior

Thats a good doco, its is graphic but thats becasue the common practice is.

I do still eat occasional meat, partly cuz of my blood type, and a couple of other reasons, but I chose not to remain ignorent to where my meat came from and and what the animals went through to bring it to the plate.

Its been quite a while since Ive seen it but i'll never forget the part with the dog and the garbage crusher. The look on that dogs face said it all.

I hope we are slowly gettin there, from sexism and racism now hopefully we can do something about specism, but judgin by the last two it wont happen overnight.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by polarwarrior]

How is one's blood type related to and affected by the types of food we eat? I've seen such suggestions tossed around on ATS, but I couldn't find any threads on it. What's the general concept behind it? Is there any scientific data to back this up?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I have seen this doc about a year ago, and it has some pretty brutal truths to it that the common person cant even make themselves watch it, but such is life. This vid did not make me stop eating meat but it did make me cut back on it, I even did my own tests trying to eat nothing but veggies for months and nothing bad happened. I even have a Indian friend who is a vegan and has not eaten meat for over 3 years, and he is fine, in fact he gained a lot more weight not eating meat then eating meat.

Being raised on a farm and watching chickens and pigs being slaughtered for food I am not so squeamish when it comes to the facts of were our food's come from, even the huge mass market foods. But some the ways and abuse that comes with how these animals are kept and eventually killed is just wrong. I believe in karma because # always comes around and goes around and if anybody wants to see what are some of the extremes of having a species that is so advanced above you in your world...look at these vid's and you will see why Stephen hawking is scared #less of superior human like aliens making contact with the human species. To serve man indeed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join