It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E=mc2? Not on Conservapedia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

E=mc2? Not on Conservapedia

www.newscientist.com

Religious believers have quite the love/hate relationship with Albert Einstein. You'll often hear them quoting the physicist's comments about God not playing dice with the universe to support their own views – despite the fact that Einstein himself said, "I do not believe in a personal God." One young-Earth creationist site even uses an Einstein quote in a diatribe against evolution. Now the pendulum is swinging over to hate as Einstein goes the way of Darwin, becoming an unlikely Christian enemy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Does the theory or relativity steer a person from the one true God? or are people who try to understand relativity simply not interested in the concept?

"The theory of relativity is a mathematical system that allows no exceptions. It is heavily promoted by liberals who like its encouragement of relativism and its tendency to mislead people in how they view the world."

In a footnote, this comment is followed up by: "Virtually no one who is taught and believes relativity continues to read the Bible, a book that outsells New York Times bestsellers by a hundred-fold."

My guess is that anyone interested in the intricacies of physics would naturally be less likely to consult the bible or any other ancient text!

www.newscientist.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
These people are mad.

They are also no more than an unpleasant bubble of gastric reflux in the digestive system of Western society.

Like gas, they will pass.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
E= NOT MC2

Has nobody seen the movie Transformers 2? Sam quite adequatly explained in that movie why professor Einstein was wrong...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Why would relativity get in the way of believing in God? It's as silly as saying Newton's third law implies anything about karma. It's a physical relationship, not a metaphysical concept.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
Why would relativity get in the way of believing in God? It's as silly as saying Newton's third law implies anything about karma. It's a physical relationship, not a metaphysical concept.

They're denying God's true word, which is expressed in his creation, not in the words of man, not without deep allegory to hide the truth from the profane. On earth as it is in heaven and Created in His image (aka. as above, so below), even those are a rule of thumb for making observations to enlighten one's self about Him by way of what is reflected in what He made, not to be taken with extreme literalism.

Of course, a "true God" isn't really a "man-in-the-sky-God" but something you'll never wrap your head around. I was just using that language for the sake of making a point, whatever it was.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

Star and a flag for reminding me of Conservapedia

It's a wacky #fest of wilful stupidity and a demonstration of dishonesty. Some of the writers actually know better than the BS they put on this site...

Check out their Dinosaur wiki! Keep scrolling...keep scrolling...there it is! You have to scroll almost to the bottom of the page to find a reference to any time beyond 6000 years ago.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Hey even this evolution researcher (Dr. Hazen) admits that God could have created the Earth 6000 years ago, if he did it in a way to make it look like the dinosaurs were buried millions of years ago!

(click to open player in new window)

They'll probably post his "confession" that he can't prove young earth creationists are wrong as evidence even scientists back up their theory!

:bnghd:

I don't think what they say is true that people who study Einstein don't believe in God, I'm sure there are exceptions.

I had never heard of Conservapedia before reading this thread...maybe I was better off not knowing about it?

They don't seem too enlightened.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
reply to post by Kandinsky

Hey even this evolution researcher (Dr. Hazen) admits that God could have created the Earth 6000 years ago, if he did it in a way to make it look like the dinosaurs were buried millions of years ago!

Everything could have been created ten mintues ago if placed in the proper state ten minutes ago. How does that idea help anything? Personally, I believe God was created ten minutes ago to test my faith.

[edit on 8/12/2010 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I don't think what they say is true that people who study Einstein don't believe in God, I'm sure there are exceptions.

I think the article was just trying to say Conservapedia was being a bit nutty in its condemnation of Einstein, especially so when it brought in the Obama angle!

I think many scientists remain Christian in spite of their involvement in science theory but they wisely don't mix the two. Trying to explain religion with science isn't a good way to build credibility.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Some time ago, practically in a galaxy far far away, conservatives were the "rational", "father-figure", "time-to-get-serious-about-reality" sorts and liberals were idealistic, fuzzy-thinking, but nice bleeding hearts.

Imagine that one longs for the days when the right-wing bigots still had some tether to rationality. They believed in Einstein when that meant that H-bombs worked.

When an entire political faction actively embraces outright ignorance they do not remain ideological opponents: they have become barbarians, saboteurs of republic, liberty and civilization.

I really hope this is a parody site from The Onion.

It is true that sufficiently deranged wingnuttism is indistinguishable from any parody thereof.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by mbkennel]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

Imagine that one longs for the days when the right-wing bigots still had some tether to rationality.

Presently we wish the left wing bigots still had some tether to rationality.

But the point is that the Einstein deniers can't prove E=MC2 is wrong.

It hasn't been done yet.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

Scientists don't like to dwell on God vs. no God but most will fall into a belief that either there is a God that put all this chemistry and physics together so amazingly or that it all happened by chance, which makes it look like there is a god because otherwise we wouldn't be here.

If you look at all the physical trivia that all needs to work together to even have suns and planets operate let alone the intricacies of biology. Then go down to particle physics and quantum physics and the Einstein relativity. If you still believe there is not a godly directive well....

new topics

top topics

join