It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frederick Valentich Update: A real bizarre development

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The follow up story was really corny and sounds like some super fantastic sci-fi B-movie story.

But I do believe in this Valentich story. Actually, he was not the only person to be abducted in a small plane in the seventies. There was another story, maybe a couple of years later, of a small plane driven by Jose Pagan Santos from Puerto Rico. He too was abducted and never found. But in this case they have his actual voice saying it was a UFO that was harassing them.

See Story and Hear Radio Recording here

Read Some of the transcrip here

[edit on 12-8-2010 by The Coward]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by bagari
reply to post by Unst0ppable0ne

Spot on! I though the same things. I've got over 7,000 flight hours in fixed wing aircraft and would never say anything is hovering above me, because it would require me to be in a hover as well.

[edit on 8/12/2010 by bagari]

Heaven (or aliens) help us! If you cannot conceive of how one object can appear to "hover" over another, my friend, just think relative speeds being zero. I pray for any passengers you may ever have with you.

Could you think maybe the young guy was having the living crap scared out of him as he was buzzed by this incredible craft for several minutes? Heck, call it a hoax if you wish, but either way your understanding of the situation is sorely lacking for someone boastting of having 7k hours at an A/Cs controls.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

According to an Associated Press report, Guido Valentich, the missing pilot's father, said "he hoped his son had been taken by a UFO and had not crashed. 'The fact that they have found no trace of him presents a possibility that UFOs could have been there.'"; Guido Valentich also told the AP that "his son used to study UFOs 'as a hobby using information he had obtained from the air force. He was not the kind of person who would make up stories. Everything had to be very correct and positive for him.'"

"Pilot Missing after UFO Report". Associated Press (Waterloo Courier): p. 1. October 24, 1978

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by CheapShotArtist

Mt father told me about Fred Valentich when I was a boy, amongst a few other local UFO accounts and sparked an early interest for UFO's in me. I knew we had a book on UFO's in my primary school library so I took it off the shelf and the Valentich story was one of the main articles. I must have borrowed that book end to end for a few months, reading it and re-reading it. It has a very special place for me in the folklore of UFOlogy.

This 'update' is a bit unfortunate though. To be honest, I don't like seeing stories such as this sullying what is one of the more decent UFO cases... however it is indicative of where UFOlogy is going... and that's sad.

IRM

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by The Coward

Good catch! I was gonna write a thread on the Lake Superior Kinross AFB incident, but someone had beaten me to it and done a good job too. A UFO was caught on radar above Lake Superior, Canada. A jet was scrambled. As the jet approached the UFO, radio contact was lost.

Gradually the two radar paints merged...and vanished. The plane has never been found despite repeated and extensive searches...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/82954e3c314b.jpg[/atsimg] NICAP

Summary: On the evening of 23 November 1953, an Air Force radar controller became alerted to an "unidentified target" over Lake Superior, and an F-89C Scorpion jet was scrambled from Kinross AFB. Radar controllers watched as the F-89 closed in on the UFO, and then sat stunned in amazement as the two blips merged on the screen, and the UFO left. The F-89 and it’s two man crew, pilot Felix Moncla and radar operator Robert Wilson, were never found, even after a thorough search of the area.
Kinross AFB

Northrop F-89C Scorpion

ATS: Kinross Ufo crash..could it still be there?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I remember this case well. We heard the transcript over the news at the time and the search went on for some time but no trace of the plane or pilot was found.
For the record .....Valentich was flying over Bass Strait from Melbourne to King Island. This is a long way from Pine Gap which is in Central Australia 18 km south of Alice Springs.
I recall hearing a report a couple of years ago, that someone had located remains of a similar aircraft in the vicinity of where the plane was thought to have gone down. I've never heard whether it was positively identified and the disappearance so far remains a mystery.
I've not heard of reports that Valentich was sighted anywhere else in the world!

ETA .. for anyone who doubts this story ...... This was NOT a hoax as some suggested ....It did happen ...

[edit on 13/8/10 by bluebird2]

[edit on 13/8/10 by bluebird2]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
This is an interesting case, thats for sure.

Luckily this board has plenty of Aussies that know about the incident in question and in quite some detail as MMN points out

[edit on 13-8-2010 by -Blackout-]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I have to say I'm a little disappointed in the ATS UFO Forum...

How can this thread reach 49 flags (in two days), based on a misleading headline, with a source link dated October 11, 2005???

A simple use of the search function would have found a couple of much better threads about Valentich. The Valentich case is one of the best Aussie cases - ever. Search and ye shall find!!!

There is NOTHING NEW in this thread.

Call me a spoilt sport but this kind of thread proves why I don't spend as much time in the UFO forum anymore... rehashed threads about the same' ol cases get a little tiring to read.

[/negativity]

Normally I try to be optimistic, but what a let-down of a thread.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Sometimes its a good thing to revisit certain incidents and reopen it up with a fresh new outlook.

I'd let the mods decide on what does and does not get posted and worry about more important things.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by -Blackout-]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
This certainly is one of the more credible cases.

I attended a lecture presented by Richard Haines at Moorabbin Airport a few years back. This case was covered in detail and I remember one member of the audience, a pilot, came forward and said he saw strange lights in the sky, in the vicinity of Valentich's encounter, and around the same time.
I also recall hearing an account from other witnesses that the Cessna and UFO collided destroying the plane, with debris exploding outward in some sort of arc before falling towards the ocean below. The strangest part of this account is that the debris never actually reached the ocean, instead it seemed to disappear in some sort of invisible bubble along with the UFO.

I wish I could remember where I heard/read this account. It sounds hard to believe I know, but I thought it was worth mentioning as it's the only report I'm aware of that describes his disappearance.

Here's a good article by Paul Norman, VUFORS (Victorian UFO Research Society) which describes other sightings in the vicinity. Apparently the Valentich incident occurred at the peak of a six week UFO flap in the area.

The Federick Valentich Disappearance by Paul Norman

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by CheapShotArtist
After the transmission was lost, they set out to find his plane and found nothing. No crash site....notta.

That would be because flying from Moorabbin Airport in Melbourne (Google Maps) to King Island (Google Maps) is over the Ocean. When he states he might go on to King Island, or return to Melbourne he would have been somewhere enroute. It would have been a crash at sea, hence no crash site.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by spirit_horse
If I am not mistaken the incident occured not far from Pine Gap, an Echelon signals intelligence station

What do you mean by not far? Same town? Same state? Same Country? From experience I would say you are mistaken.

I've been to Pine Gap when I worked in the military, and I live in Melbourne. The distance is approx. 2250KM by road (1300 Miles). It's even further if you consider the flight path from Melbourne to King Island takes you away from mainland Australia and away from Pine Gap.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Yes i know this,i never said there was a crash site

My point was did he crash and disappear along with the wreckage,or did something else take place.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by eyeswilldeceive]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Maybe he came back?
What would he seA?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Interesting thread!
What i don't get is; what do aliens want with a Cessna?
Except maybe as something to laugh at.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Interesting case. It sounds like he went into the drink (i.e. crashed into the water). Don't get me wrong, I firmly believe in UFO's, but a UFO-induced crash sounds more likely than an abduction. Either way, this is a creepy case.

The Russian "epilogue" sounds less credible.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by The Coward

thank you for posting the second missing case
very interesting indeed
i had not heard of this one so i will be looking into it more if there is anything to look into

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I feel sorry for his father, Guido Valentich, who sadly died without ever finding out what happened to his son.

If this incident was in some way linked to 'Black' experimental military craft and/or UFO cover-up, then there must be people who know what happened , and who were unable, or perhaps, just didn't want to inform Guido of his son's fate.

I honestly dont think I could sleep at night if I had that sort of information that could bring peace to an old man, and yet was unable to impart to him.

It really is a sad old world sometimes.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CheapShotArtist
The story gets bizarre because apparently Mr Valentich shows up a few years later.

Five years after, a real bizarre development: One evening in August 1982 near the village of Iman, Primorskiy kray, Far East, Russia Lieutenant Colonel Igor Valerianovich Kazantsev, Commander of a frontier guard detachment near the hamlet of Iman, received a report of a suspicious man arrested by soldiers from his unit near the Soviet-Chinese border. One of the soldiers, Nikolay D (later to become a resident of Sevastopol, Crimea) in 2003 wrote to the Simferopol based “Secret Doctrine” Newspaper, confirming that he took over the watch on that date to watch over the Russian-Chinese border.

Approaching evening near the foot of one of the hills they saw smoke from a fire and soon detained a man about 40-years of age, dressed in a cowboy shirt, thick wide trousers, outfitted with “complete tourist gear”. The man assured the KGB sergeant that he had the necessary permission from local authorities of Primorskiy kray to do some prospecting in the area. Orders were given to detain the mysterious “geologist”. He was taken to the unit duty officer. During a search the soldiers found a very powerful searchlight and a strange dark elongated object, like a small flask with two dozen dots printed on its upper section without any visible pattern. The dots formed a strange image. Nikolay D paid special attention to the strange dot-like markings on the object.

The strange black flask or capsule attracted everyone’s attention. The man stated that he found the capsule at an altitude of 1204 (m over sea level). Inside the capsule a plate rolled like a tube was found. When the KGB officer extracted the plate, it immediately straightened up emitting a slight rustling sound. The plate had an English text, written with a substance bright orange in color. The text was later translated to Russian and following is an approximate translation: “I am Frederick Valentich, Junior, pilot. I was captured together with my plane Cessna-182 by a UFO on October 21 1978 145 miles south of Melbourne. Because of very limited time and of extreme danger to my state, here is what is most important.

Source

Now this reads like something out of a Sci-Fi movie. So its gonna take someone with a real open mind to believe any of this - However, its interesting and I just ran across this and found it interesting and was curious if anyone here had their own take on the subject.

Thoughts?

[edit on 12-8-2010 by CheapShotArtist]

---Hi,

Support it with contact name and addresses. Been all over the kids words and disappearance, and follow-up search and rescue years ago (Bass Straight).
Nothing.
Now you come along with some extremely significant stuff -- reference it for us to follow-up on if you please Sir. Names, addresses -- stuff like that.

Decoy

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Onet Wosix

I could not agree more.

If this was not some sort of Alien abduction case, then if it was some type of black ops type mission that took Fred away from his family. His father dying during that period is what makes it even more sad.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join