It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever seen this man in your dreams?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

According to the website This Man this face is the face seen by thousands of people in their sleep, during points of high stress and turmoil in their lives. He gives them advice or just generally freaks them out.

"In January 2006 in New York, the patient of a well-known psychiatrist draws the face of a man that has been repeatedly appearing in her dreams. That portrait lies forgotten on the psychiatrist's desk for a few days until one day another patient recognizes that face and says that the man has often visited him in his dreams. The psychiatrist decides to send the portrait to some of his colleagues that have patients with recurrent dreams. Within a few months, four patients recognize the man as a frequent presence in their own dreams. All the patients refer to him as This Man."

I previously discounted this entire site. The website owner, Andrew Natella, is the owner of guerriglia marketing, a viral internet marketing company. That basically sealed the coffin for me. I expected a movie announcement, maybe even a video game. Years passed, nothing. They even updated their site just recently with new statements discounting the rumors that it is a viral marketing page.

I'm almost entitled to believe it. It appears that no product, no media is actually being advertised. So, is this a real phenomenon? Has anybody seen "This Man?"

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I believe there is another thread just like this here on ATS

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I see him almost everyday Wolf, ...

When I pass store windows, visit the lake, ... even when I brush my teeth in the morning.

You see Wolf, ... I AM him, .... and he is me. My reflection.

... and although only some see me, ... I see you all, .... even now, as you casualy ..... read this very sentence.

How freaky would that of been !!! aye !! aye comrade !!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Annual "this guy"

It's a suggestive picture, irks at the rememberance part of your brain, and poof, you 'believe' you've seen him. Neat, but also terribly stupid.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 12-8-2010 by Republican08]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
It's Kaiser Sosa.
poof...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Im sure i know the guy...
i see him somewhere...
In my dreams...hum no..
Oh yes i remember, it was on television !

Its Pee-Wee Herman !

[edit on 12/8/2010 by B3lz3buth]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
The roundness of his head does resemble the 'Great' Karl Pilkington.

Second Beer.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I don't believe I have. Something about that face feels evil to me. Hard to explain, but I would assume he is a "bad man" if I were to encounter him in my dreams.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
It was part of a guerilla marketing stunt.
I am sure someone in this forum brought that to light some time ago.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I really hope i don't start seeing this guy in my dreams from now on.

I wont be able to sleep. He makes me a bit sick inside.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I found the secret message inside the picture!

Edit the picture and rotate it from 48.35669874 degree

now approach yours eyes at about 2 inches of your screen and look carefully the pics during 6 hours without blinking.

I swear under oath , you will see a R E A L alien face !!! dont miss THE Revelation. Discover the Thruth

Buy my ebook : How to loose your time doing useless blogging.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
It's the ventriloquist dummy from "Magic" starring Anthony Hopkins.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skittle
It was part of a guerilla marketing stunt.
I am sure someone in this forum brought that to light some time ago.

Marketing WHAT, though? It's been years since this has been out on the web, and nothing has been revealed. The usualy marketing campaigns for films, television, books and games run about a 6 month course. Nothing happened with this. I expected to hear about a movie announcement to follow with this at the end of 08, but nothing. Now it's halfway through 2010 and it's still there, actively being updated.

I don't believe it's part of this mans marketing work, I believe it is an actual phenomenon. Paranormal in nature? doubtful, but I do believe it is real.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Oh no ! i dreams of this , im sure i will be abducted soon by the Nocturnals probers !

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
The 7 greatest Internet hoaxes: 3 Have you seen this man?

In the fall of 2009, a Web site launched with the simple words, “Have you seen this man?” More than 2000 people had seen him in their dreams, but nobody could pinpoint him in their everyday life according to the site. It was a cultural phenomenon. Flyers were even showing up in major cities. The hunt for this elusive man was on. That is until someone realized the owner of the site was also the owner of a guerilla marketing agency in Italy. What they were “marketing”, I still don’t know. Hopefully a tweezer for that unibrow.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Marketing WHAT, though? It's been years since this has been out on the web, and nothing has been revealed. The usualy marketing campaigns for films, television, books and games run about a 6 month course. Nothing happened with this. I expected to hear about a movie announcement to follow with this at the end of 08, but nothing. Now it's halfway through 2010 and it's still there, actively being updated.

I don't believe it's part of this mans marketing work, I believe it is an actual phenomenon. Paranormal in nature? doubtful, but I do believe it is real.

www.jawbone.tv...

Suffer no illusions; this isn't an actual phenomenon. It really -is- a self-sustaining, guerrilla marketing publicity stunt that keeps getting renewed as new people stumble onto it and promptly freak out.

Maybe after reading the story some people have dreamt about this character, but I doubt millions (or whatever number they use) of people worldwide have suddenly started seeing him without prior exposure to the story.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Mark Harris

Yes Mark, I already went over this in my opening post.

The thing is though, nothing has been produced to actually show this isn't just a site about that man's particular interest into the phenomenon. Nothing has come out to market. Just because the man is the director at a guerrilla marketing company doesn't make all of his personal endeavors related to his job. I run a shabby little video game blog on my free time, it is no way related to any of my posts on ATS.

Association does not equal a definite purpose.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sink the Bismarck!

Originally posted by WolfofWar

www.jawbone.tv...

Suffer no illusions; this isn't an actual phenomenon. It really -is- a self-sustaining, guerrilla marketing publicity stunt that keeps getting renewed as new people stumble onto it and promptly freak out.

Maybe after reading the story some people have dreamt about this character, but I doubt millions (or whatever number they use) of people worldwide have suddenly started seeing him without prior exposure to the story.

I point to my above post. You still haven't associated a connection between his company and the site. 3 years and no product association. If it's for kicks, well that's a possibility, but I'm certain it's not an ACTUAL marketing campaign and as for it being an actual phenomenon, well, I don't know. I never experienced it, but you can't definitively say that it hasn't happened. I'd be curious to see if anybody dug up if this alleged psychiatrist involved in the background in 2006 actually existed, that seems to be the route of the story.

As you put it, suffer no illusions, this is no marketing campaign.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Never seen that guy and thank god I havent. He looks creepy as hell! Look at the smile on his face its like hes thinking "I want to eat your face and bones!"

I dont know man ide rather not see that face. Now watch him appear in my dream tonight because I saw the photo.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join