It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida bill 'goes one step further' than Arizona immigration law

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

And you know for a FACT others won't take these jobs? Show's how much you don't know. Illegals are getting these jobs over American's because they are being paid under the table with cash and it's less than what they are required by law to pay. I know of someone who got in a lot of trouble for this but many construction places do this as well as smaller businesses. I see it often where I am and it's not right. Many others would take these jobs but then they owners would have to abide by the law but they don't want to so they pay illegals under the table.

You are in GA and you say it doesn't affect you, well I am in Florida and it does affect me.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Well, I will just try it and see how it goes.

Of course we all know what would happen. Being a citizen and not a permanent resident, blah blah blah, illegal immigrant, I am a money maker for the tax collectors, I mean police.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

you already do if you carry a cell phone all ur info is there via the sim chip

[edit on 12-8-2010 by neo96]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
This is an affront to personal liberty that I simply can't even fathom.

Remember, this is 20 days in jail for legal citizens just because they might not have their papers on them!

Oh really? It IS a provision of Federal Immigration Law that legal immigrants carry their documentation at all times...And not doing so is a violation of the Immigration Law.

However, once an immigrant becomes fully Naturalized as a citizen, then normal forms of ID are sufficient...And at that point ID is NOT required by law to be on-person at all times. If necessary (for example, lawfully stopped by a cop when you don't have ID & he charges or tickets you for some reason), you do have a proscribed time limit in which to get a hold of your ID & show it to a judge: This time limit may vary from State to State & perhaps even from city to city.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightDStroyer

I couldn't have said it better. As any legal immigrant or person here legally on a Visa or other form of permit will tell you, they are told at the time of issuance, there immigration papers must be with them at all times. Failure to produce paperwork is grounds for detention and possible expulsion and revocation. This has been this way since the beginning of the immigration tracking agencies. I can tell you personally because I had to repeat this a ridiculous number of times on a daily basis while working for CBP. And yes, guess what happens in Florida if you forget your wallet at your house with your driver's license in it, and you get pulled over? You get detained upon verification of your identity ( fingerprinting) and then you get a big ticket/fine AND have to pay the county to come back and show them you DO have a license. In Florida it is a special case because if Cubans make it to the shore and set foot on dry land BEFORE they are stopped and apprehended they are immediatley allowed into this country and given the paperwork.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer

Oh really? It IS a provision of Federal Immigration Law that legal immigrants carry their documentation at all times...And not doing so is a violation of the Immigration Law.

You are correct.

However, this is a misdemeanor, and upon providing the proper identification to authorities within an acceptable time-frame, the permanent resident is free to go about their business.

20 days in jail for the misdemeanor of simply forgetting your green card is a ridiculously draconian sentence, and shows nothing but utter contempt for our nations legal immigrants.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
However, this is a misdemeanor, and upon providing the proper identification to authorities within an acceptable time-frame, the permanent resident is free to go about their business.

Yes, it's a misdemeanor because an actual CRIME involves having a victim which suffers under having inalienable Right(s) violated. While the Immigration Law is the 14th Amendment, the regulations & codes under that would define misdemeanors.

Illegal Immigrants violate the Law itself by trespassing against the Property Rights of citizens, which is a CRIME...Merely violating the regulation that requires documentation to be carried is a misdemeanor. I've stated before & in other threads that Illegal immigrants commit Criminal Trespass...The victim is the owner of the property being trespassed. The US Government can add other, separate charges for violating Immigration Law.

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer
It IS a provision of Federal Immigration Law that legal immigrants carry their documentation at all times...And not doing so is a violation of the Immigration Law.

Perhaps it wasn't entirely clear, the way I stated this earlier...But I DID describe a "provision" of Immigration law, but didn't specifically define it as a "regulation." Perhaps I caused the confusion when I wrote "violation of the Immigration Law," when I should have written "violation under the Immigration Law."

[edit on 13-8-2010 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Have to find the exact link but some of you are just wrong in your assumptions, there is a federal law that does require all immigrants to care papers at all times period. Until you have become a full citizen of the United States than your drivers license is all that is needed. This law was put into effect many, many years ago because so many people where and are on work visas, and when that visa expires they are suppose to report for upgraded status, extension if job is still going on, or at that time making arrangement for relocation back to their country of origin.

I live in Florida and will do all I can to pass this as well as any laws that finally will address our illegal immigration problems, jobs and other resources are scarce and the people whom came here for a better life and came in the front door are great and welcome. It’s the ones whom chose not to use the front door that I am concerned with and that the laws are enforced upon or should be.

I have worked alongside of a few of them and have asked them right out are you here to become a citizen or is there some other reason. All that I have asked has the same answer they will never become citizens they are here to make a fast buck to send back home so that after working there butts off for like 5 yrs sharing rented space with a dozen others to save as much of the money as they can, they ship back home all the money they can and after 5 yrs or there about go home and retire in the lap of luxury. Well luxury to them I guess but you get my point, and that is why we need laws to prevent this so that jobs are here for our citizen’s period and not the ones here to rob us blind.

They made a law and a means for employers to check out if such and employ is able to work in this country but like everything else this federal government passes they never enforce it and leave it up to the locals to handle it and that is exactly what they are starting to do and my hat is off to them. The states are well educated and have the means to enforce this kind of law and should be supported in there efforts to do so. Instead of having a corrupt government whom chose not to do there job fighting them every step of the way.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join