It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe the Roswell official explanation?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911
reply to post by Pimander

Yes, you did...I forgot! Thank you. For me, its a polarized issue. The left side of my brain tells me something top secret and probably related to Nazi engineering was tested and crashed out there, while my right brain tells me something of extraterrestrial origin crashed that day in July 1947. The kicker for me is this, while Ill admit that there is a good possibilty that it was alien, and I dont discount the possibility, it is still difficult for me to believe the more fantastical portions, like we recovered bodies, etc. AS IF ANYTHING CRASHING TO EARTH NOT OF TERRESTRIAL ORIGIN ISNT FANTASTIC ENOUGH! Ha ha, does that make sense? Its difficult to articulate. I have felt that my best explanation is that we maybe recovered a probe. All debris, no bodies. I dont know:-) Sometimes I think I have it str8 and other times I dont.

I think its suspicious the military changed its story 5 times. In regards to the first announcement that a saucer was recovered, I think that was the only honest statement. I dont believe routine Project Mogul components would have nessitated the amount of logistics that were carried out that week, like the influx of troops, high ranking officers, and the flights to Fort Worth and to Wright Field for debris. Seems like alot of resources mobilized for a top secret listening balloon. I dont really think advanced rocket technology would have caused all that commotion either.

So what does it leave us with?

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't project Mogul carried starting in 1952? They came up with this excuse in later years when people didn't necessarily remember exactly when Mogul was carried out, but I read that it wasn't carried out until 1952... If that is true, then that explanation went out the window...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ilian51378

Hey, no fair using math!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by A51Watcher
reply to post by ilian51378

Hey, no fair using math!

Oh, my bad...

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
project mogul was apparently carried out from 1947 until early 1949. but could just be recorded that way for connivance.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ilian51378
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't project Mogul carried starting in 1952? They came up with this excuse in later years when people didn't necessarily remember exactly when Mogul was carried out, but I read that it wasn't carried out until 1952... If that is true, then that explanation went out the window...
It was the crash test dummies that were dropped in the 50s. The six foot tall dummies with normal sized heads!

Not child sized with large heads.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

You're right...it's a giant can of worms! Shall we open it?
OK mate, time to get the can opener out.

There are a few longish threads worth taking the time to read. Some of them provide a bit of background but it's worth the effort.

First of all there have been claims that nobody saw saucers until Kenneth Arnold spotted some UFOs and it was reported in the newspaper. Wrong! It has also been claimed that all he say was a flying wing, not a saucer. Also wrong! That they were Nazi saucers is also a complete fabrication. See thread below.

Kenneth Arnold's erroneously reported sighting: The origin of flying saucer reports?

Now we come to the period just before Roswell. There were thousands of reports of flying disks doing manoeuvres impossible with conventional technology. In fact some of the manoeuvres they performed may even defy the conventional laws of physics. See thread below. It's a long one but might teach you a lot about how quiet "skeptics" can be at times.

The Day Before Roswell

Next I begin to present the suggestion that the UFOs actually retaliated to attempts to shoot them down.

US attempts to shoot down flying disks: Were 1947 plane crashes a result of retaliation?

Then we have the actual Roswell incident and the bungled attempts at a cover up. Gazrok has done loads of decent work on this.

The Case for Roswell - Consolidated

I'd love to hear what you think if you go through that little lot. And don't dismiss the reports of bodies out of hand. If it can't have been human then would bodies really be so remarkable?
edit on 19/10/11 by Pimander because: typo

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

What confounds me is this...when the GAO investigated the incident at Roswell, they revealed that all the documentation had been inappropriately destroyed. I find that so suspicious. Why would they do that? Unless what they investigated was so clandestine? Of course, it could be just disinformation. Who knows for sure. Now, in order to find out that all documentation was destroyed, there had to be documentation stating all documentation was destroyed. Isn't that odd too?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Now, in order to find out that all documentation was destroyed, there had to be documentation stating all documentation was destroyed. Isn't that odd too?
That they are not just claiming that the documentation is missing is interesting. That means they must KNOW that it has been destroyed. Yes, they must have documents that indicate that it was destroyed or someone involved admitted that they knew about it. Very suspicious....

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander

Now, in order to find out that all documentation was destroyed, there had to be documentation stating all documentation was destroyed. Isn't that odd too?
That they are not just claiming that the documentation is missing is interesting. That means they must KNOW that it has been destroyed. Yes, they must have documents that indicate that it was destroyed or someone involved admitted that they knew about it. Very suspicious....

I was thinking how odd that was last night. A bell went off! I realize this incident took place after the Manhatten Project so the government and military was well versed in compartmentalization, but I find it very suspect regardless. Let's say it was a Mogul balloon...did Mogul balloon recoveries warrant all the attention, troop mobilizations, brass involvement, shipments to Texas and Ohio. Seems like a lot of work for something that was pretty routine. It just doesn't make any sense.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
i don't believe anything "official".

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Hi from whitefoxlabs

Its very hard to say with most of the stories in general, weather or not they are true comes down to facts.
in the case of Roswell i personally believe that it was a cover up, if not blown a little out by Chinese whispers.

There is one thing that i must point out. For years many UFO researchers have looked to the governments for answers regarding UFO disclosure.
There things, we make clear on our website www.whitefoxlabs.com.
Things like, sometimes you need to step back and realize your flogging a dead horse.

Why ask the government for answers? when the power of disclosure lies in our hands. Just as much if not more than theirs.

One has to think. If Aliens are as intelligent as we believe, then isn't it possible that they keep track of our media?

www.youtube.com...

This is our first attempt since opening our doors on the 30/10/2011 at showing the civilian population that there are other ways we can get answers.

We may never really know of what the truth is behind UFO incidents in the past. But if we unite as a group then disclosure can be achieved in the future.

P.s It's late at night here in Australia so please forgive any typo's.
Troy

<< 6  7  8   >>

join