It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe the Roswell official explanation?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal
reply to post by mikelee

I believe that NASA lost their kite and someone freaked out a little.

NASA wasn't created until 1958...but I get your point. Operation Paperclip was fully involved since 1945. Maybe some type of advanced rocket technology crashed, launched from White Sands Proving Ground?

Here's the first pic taken of Earth from space...1946...from a V-2 rocket.

i82.photobucket.com...[/IMG]]Earth from a V-2

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

It was a forerunner to the UAV program, that's all. A prototype crashed, and it was gathered up and stuffed into a guy's pocket, and taken back to base. The whole story of UFOs and stuff was just a cover story for the military to conceal the program.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

I'm still sitting on the fence on that one until more solid evidence appears

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal
reply to post by Cosmic911

It was a forerunner to the UAV program, that's all. A prototype crashed, and it was gathered up and stuffed into a guy's pocket, and taken back to base. The whole story of UFOs and stuff was just a cover story for the military to conceal the program.

Its definitely a valid perspective, and a perspective that I can easily see makes sense. At the end of the day, its a pretty reasonable assumption. Thanks for the reply!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
do i believe the official story? HELL NO
do i think something crashed and was coverd up. based on the govt involved and all the truth they share with the general public yes they are lieing will we ever learn the truth perhaps but if we do learn the truth about roswell how could you ever trust the govt again after being lied to for so long?

A little punctuation goes a long way fella. Your idea is a little garbled with the questions and answers all mashed together like that.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
i82.photobucket.com...[/IMG]]Giorgio!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SaosinEngaged

I was born in 1957 so I am not an eye witness however I do not recall any use or mention of "crash dummies" in popular culture until the late 60's or early 70's. I just googled crash dummies and what I read said that the first dummy was not invented until 1949. Up to that point they used cadavers to see how humans would fare in a crash situation. (yuck) So, were these "dummies" or "cadavers" ???

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

I was born in 1957 so I am not an eye witness however I do not recall any use or mention of "crash dummies" in popular culture until the late 60's or early 70's. I just googled crash dummies and what I read said that the first dummy was not invented until 1949. Up to that point they used cadavers to see how humans would fare in a crash situation. (yuck) So, were these "dummies" or "cadavers" ???

Ewwwww....yuck is right, although it is an interesting tid bit of history. Maybe we launched a V-2 into space with a cadaver on board? Maybe it crashed before it made it? Its anyone's guess at this point.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I had always been on the fence about Roswell-as-anomalous, until.......I came across knowledge of June Crain. She is deceased now, but search and look at her testimony, if anyone could convince me toward "believer", it's her.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911

Originally posted by karen61057

Ewwwww....yuck is right, although it is an interesting tid bit of history. Maybe we launched a V-2 into space with a cadaver on board? Maybe it crashed before it made it? Its anyone's guess at this point.

Our rockets are essentially tin cans sitting on top of a bomb. When they crash, there are no bodies to recover, only body parts. ( if that)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysteryskeptic
I sort of believe the final version of the government.
At the time the government thought it would be more valuable to keep their spying secretes a secrete and say the incident was a UFO.
They didn't expect the stir it made so they had to back track off of the UFO story and create another one.
It took 40 years and the end of the cold war to tell the truth on that day.

Just like now all the black projects that are floating in the sky, they just let the people believe it's UFO's because it easier for the government to cover their secrete projects though the UFO camouflage.

Why would UFO be a better cover story? That would be along the lines of saying "that radar blip over the north pole is Santa on his sleigh." Why such an unbelievable or strange story when a more reasonable explaination would be less questioned? If they had, this whole UFO movement might never have gotten off the ground. ( no pun intended)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Hi, no i do not believe the official story... if it was a weather balloon i think they would have noticed that..

in my opinion it was a top secret aircraft being tested by someone other than us.. we recovered it and reverse engineered it

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensboro1978

I also believe when the GAO investigated this incident, they found all the records had been inappropriately destroyed. That's suspicious in itself and unusual.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I don't buy the Mogul story, but I got a kick out the comment by Prof. Richard A. Muller in his lecture about it that at the time of the crash the few who knew about Mogul and its real purpose referred to it as a "flying disc," that that was what Colonel William Blanchard meant, and that Lieutenant Walter Haut didn't know that when he issued the press release, which is why the story was quickly changed to "weather balloon" rather than what was then still a top-secret project. He saved that for near the end of his lecture, perhaps because he felt there would be too many walkouts if he sprung it on them too early.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Do you believe that an alien craft crashed with it's occupants at Roswell?

Or,

Do you believe the official Air Force report?

To believe the official version, you'd have to believe:

1) That top intelligence officers somehow couldn't identify off the shelf parts like balsa wood, foil paper, etc. and somehow took it as being otherworldly.

2) That such actions would have been taken for other Mogul recoveries as well (military cordons, flights of the debris to top foreign tech bases such as Ft. Worth and Wright Field)...(they weren't, by the way)

3) That people somehow mistook dummies from a project 5 years AFTER the event, for alien bodies.

4) That a failed project to detect Soviet bomb tests would really be classified for over half a century, when even the A-Bomb's existence wasn't classified for long.

5) That the military would look at balloon debris and other very normal debris, and then issue a press release stating they captured a flying disc.

6) That dozens of people are somehow lying and in collusion with the same details for decades, including many ranking military officers.

Sorry, I can't buy all of that....

And, if it were some other kind of classified project being covered up, then it would have been obsolete and then released as the true cause of the incident. Mogul simply doesn't fit the bill (or the facts). There would be no reason to suspect any part of a Mogul flight, as being otherworldly. A 10yr old could have identified the components as being ours...so it wouldn't have been sent to Wright Field and Ft. Worth for examination. Simple as that.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I wouldn;t be surprised if it is a double-coverup. Firstly it was known to be a weather balloon, then Declassified (in the 90s afair) says it is project Mogul, to show they were hiding somethign still man made, What if this was a second coverup of the real deal that is still unknown. I personally doubt Roswell being alien related tbh (remember they've used chimps for some test flights which means if there were bodies, could be that)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

No reason to still keep anything like that secret though... Therein lies the problem. No matter what it could have been, had it been ours...

1) It wouldn't still be classified (the tech would be obsolete by now)

and

2) We wouldn't have flown the debris to foreign technology bases, a higher up would have confiscated and redirected it to members of that project. These actions denote that whatever it was, it was something we didn't recognize as ours. If it was foreign, it wouldn't still be classified, so it really leaves more questions than answers, even when throwing out an ET hypothesis.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I suspect that Roswell had something to do with the Nazis testing various types of rockets and tracking systems over at White Sands, possibly some even carrying adult or children's cadavers. The Army and then NASA has always wanted to downplay their connection with the Nazis, which might explain why the real explanation is still classified. That, and some of the stuff they were working on may still have classified components to it.

Either that, or time travelers from the future really did smash into the past (possibly on purpose) in Missouri in 1941 and Arizona in 1947 and gave us the technological advantage to win World War II and the Cold War.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
I suspect that Roswell had something to do with the Nazis testing various types of rockets and tracking systems over at White Sands, possibly some even carrying adult or children's cadavers. The Army and then NASA has always wanted to downplay their connection with the Nazis, which might explain why the real explanation is still classified. That, and some of the stuff they were working on may still have classified components to it.

Either that, or time travelers from the future really did smash into the past (possibly on purpose) in Missouri in 1941 and Arizona in 1947 and gave us the technological advantage to win World War II and the Cold War.

Not a bad thought. Operation Paperclip was fully involved by the summer of 1947. That would explain the government's resistance to investigate the crash. When the GAO investigated the incident at Roswell, they discovered all records pertaining to the crash had been inappropriately destroyed. If the material was marked with German lettering, it would explain the "strange" markings on the debris, especially if the markings were Thule or Vril.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

...Not a bad thought.

Except for the fact that Roswell was not a single incident.

You see there were thousands of sightings all across the country for weeks before and after Roswell.

Multiple craft doing several thousand mph and cutting corners on a dime.

Sorry... time for a new theory.

edit on 11-10-2011 by A51Watcher because: the usual

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join