It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid windmill conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I know this is far fetched, but I just wanted to see what you guys on ATS had to say about this.

This all started today when talking to some co-workers about all of the recent wind turbine construction in the area.

One person at work thought that maybe windmills were being used to change weather patterns and slow down global warming. We then all had a real good belly laugh and told him that he was crazy.

As I thought about this more as the day went on, I decided that it was just as credible as half of the conspiracies on this site.

Could this even be the least bit possible?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
In what way would they be used to change weather patterns?

A more realistic conspiracy would be they are used to manipulate energy prices because they are costly to build, and are unreliable in the amount of power they can produce.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

As possible as you doing your own research on the topic and bringing that forward for discussion.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Throws a dog a bone...

www.livescience.com...

To answer the global question, David Keith of the University of Calgary and his colleagues estimated the drag that wind farms hypothetically expanded to cover 10 percent of the Earth's land surface could have on the planet's circulating atmosphere. The result showed global cooling in polar regions above 60 degrees North latitude and global warming in temperate regions such as North America at about 30 degrees North latitude.

voices.washingtonpost.com...

www.meteorologynews.com...

[edit on 11-8-2010 by facelift]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I find it odd, that you called your own conspiracy "stupid".
You could be on to something though. But hey, What do I know?!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
i do not think they are weather related but what about the air quality, clean air, keep the props moving,when the is no wind?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

As possible as you doing your own research on the topic and bringing that forward for discussion.

New boy.... learn the rules:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join