It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guantanamo Jury Recommends 14-year Sentence for bin-Laden Cook

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
A Gitmo jury has recommended a 14-year sentence for Osama bin Ladens cook .

As part of a plea agreement , he said that he learned al-Qaida was behind the 9/11 attacks only after the fact .

He could be released much sooner , under a plea deal that remains sealed .

" In a closing prosecution statement to jurors , Marine Capt. Seamus Quinn said it is the support of people like al-Qosi that make al-Qaida possible ."

He will not receive credit for the 8 years and 7 months that he has already spent in confinement .

Okay , so we are supposed to believe that the chief cook and bottle-washer was not aware of any plans to attack America on 9/11 ?

Also , why has it taken them this long to reach a conviction , for a cook ?

And , why not give him credit for the time he has spent incarcerated already ? I suppose the pockets of the taxpayer are so deep that we don't mind footing the bill for as long as we are told that it is all in " American Interests " ?

And , al-Qaida wouldn't be possible without the cook ?

This whole thing smacks , if you ask me .

www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 11-8-2010 by okbmd]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
You suppose that Obamas cook has the keys to the nuclear briefcase? And he knows all the big secrets too? Should he face charges for war crimes just like Obama should???

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

If he's living in a cave with Obama and cooking goat soup every day , then I'm sure he knows about more than cooking .

And , without people like Obama's cook , the U.S. government wouldn't be possible ...

Several points can be made from my OP . One being that , as you suppose , he didn't "know the big secrets " . Therefore , should he be convicted of "war crimes" too ?

If he knew nothing , why was he convicted ?

If he knew everything , why was he given a plea deal , with a recommendation of a 14-year sentence by the 'jury' ? Hell , One could receive a stiffer sentence than that for 'knowing' about the planned murder of ONE individual , let alone 3,000 .

Like I said , the whole thing smacks .

[edit on 12-8-2010 by okbmd]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
reply to post by PsykoOps

If he's living in a cave with Obama and cooking goat soup every day , then I'm sure he knows about more than cooking...

Seriously?

I don't know the details of the conviction so I don't know how much into it he supposedly was. I mean he was a cook and that's pretty much a full time job right there. I guess he could've made some sandwitches to the hijackers before they took off. Being a cook is probably one of the lowest 'security clearance' jobs there is right along with cleaning and maintanance. 14 years for cooking to the wrong guy is ridicilous no matter what.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
All these years, $Billions spent in the "war on slightly menacing looking beardy turban wearers", all the dead, maimed and traumatised on both sides and this is the best they can do? Prosecute a bud guys freakin' cook?

The US became a laughing stock long ago over this sort of BS, and this just reinforces the view of many that they have totally lost the plot!

top topics

join