It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gutfeld's Response to Ground Zero Mosque

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
What an intelligent, well thought out plan. Not. Comedy? Maybe, but even that's debatable.

Yes, to whoever said this is on the same intellectual level as draw Muhammad, burn a Koran, and bring your dogs to the mosque protest. No one can deny peoples' rights to say and do these kinds of things, but we don't have to like it, and we all have to live with the consequences.

Pity is that the perpetrators of this kind of freedom of speech and in the rare case actions are at the same intellectual level that will never correlate their actions to the responses they are sure to get from their intellectual equals on the other "side." Just like many Americans don't correlate that 9/11 was a direct result of America's interventionalist policies. Pity too that they don't see how they're feeding into agendas of the same sort.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
i don't know, freedom of speech i the 1st?

or is it freedom of getting in your face?

works both ways, eh??

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Ohhh I agree with you that they have every right to build any religious center they want. It there constitutional right........

But if we just put that aside us. Put aside us that it is a Mosque. Put aside us that it is near ground zero...put everything aside and just look at the situation.

Somebody wants to build a building, so they have a place from which they can propagate their message of peace and bring the community closer together. Somewhere along the line somebody must have noticed that what is being achieved is exactly the opposite of what they are preaching, right??

Unless the community they want to reach is not the community you and I think....

Peace

[edit on 12-8-2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Lucidity,

Maybe the purpose of this kind of response is to illict exactly the kind of reaction that you propose. Maybe we are just looking for another invitation to the dance, so to speak.

This is going to take a trememdous amount of patience and tolerance on both sides to get through. But if our new neighbors are not responsive to our obvious angst about defiling hallowed ground with their seemingly obivious "in your face" act of building a mosque within spitting distance of Ground Zero and having the additional gall of opening their new center on Sept. 11, 2011 we might not be so American in our response. We can be very sensitive about people who mistake our kindness for weakness and I believe Americans get really pissed when other fellow citizens flaunt and abuse their new found freedoms in our Republic.

There are consequences for every action and I believe we are just fed up with some people thinking they can keep pushing against the tide without getting an "equal and opposite" reaction.

We would rather everybody just "live and let live", but some folks are just not that neighborly and this raises the hackles on the backs of lots of other folks necks.

Personally I would never go to a mosque with my dog on Friday because I respect their right to practice their religion without interference. but don't expect us not to question the intent of an Imam who refuses to denounce the likes of Hamas and who has openly preached the vitues of promoting Sharia Law within the boundries of the United States. It is a safe bet that this individual is not the same kind of champion for freedom as the Founders.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
dog grooming shop!

hell, it's in a well trod area of ny.

so many people there they need a mosque.

i wonder if i can rent space among the 13 stories?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
To all who took the time to post here...Thanks!

However, you may wish to continnue the discussion here.

Although I scooped that OP by four days, it seems title selection is everything, as it has received much more attention.

Oh, well!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join