It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs you're a Green Hypocrite

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
IMO, every eco-wacko is a hypocrite.

I got a laugh out of this MSM article calling out fake greenies.

Signs of a green hypocrite

Do you know a green hypocrite? Here are some telltale signs of green hypocrisy. Your friend is not as green as she thinks if she does any of these things:

Recycles regularly, but shops constantly and uses a lot of disposables.

Buys only organic foods, but eats meat at every meal.

Owns a hybrid, but drives all around town alone.

Built a green house, but it's enormous and it's a second home.

Takes an eco-vacation, but flies thousands of miles in first-class to get there.

Carries reusable grocery bags, but fills them up with bottled water and packaged junk.

Read more: Yahoo Green

How many of those do you think apply to Mr Al Gore?

[edit on 8/11/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
True. But the people really clucking about those 'green hypocrites' are overwhelmingly (I bet 1000:1 ratio) people who

*) don't recycle regularly, shop constantly and use a lot of disposables

*) don't buy organic food, and eat meat at very meal.

*) don't own a hybrid, and drives all around town alone in a gas guzzler

*) take a non-eco-vacation and flies thousands of miles in first glass to get there

*) use disposable grocery bags, and fill them up with bottled water and packaged junk.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
lets fact the FACTS every person who says there a vege to stop killing of animals and every person who says there a green is a hypocrite .
It is not possible To be a advocate of life by just being a vege .
no matter what . You use the air in your home, you use the computer to read this reply that proves your a hypocrite green or vege .
Just what do you green people think it takes to creat that pc or air or ipod? anyway? how many gallons of fuel ? how many forest striped so we can mine the ground under them? how many animals going extinct because you want the latest PC ipod even the designer clothing you ware .
being green is like alwaing the forest to be cut and saying you saved one tree in it. and its no different for vege being vege means you alow forest to be clear cut ( as it takes so much more to be vege and say how you saved one cow.
The reality is in this teckno world you little quest has changed Nothing .
it is just a bandade so you feal better about the destruction you help creat by being human.
Ps you really want to prove how green of much you care about life green and veges Go become Amish they are truly showing and proving they are green and care about life .
The difference between us is I know what i am can even though it leaves much to be desired I can look at the truth of what i am.
you on the other hand live with a mask on and even the thought of taking it off scares the daylights out of you as you may have no choice but to see what you really are

[edit on 11-8-2010 by xxcalbier]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
You've inspired me to forward a "Signs your a Christian Hypocrite" to my mother and sister

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I thought it would say "1. You changed your last name to Obama
2. You are or were a vice-president
3. You drive a hybrid (it took a strip mine for you
to get 9 miles better mileage)

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I'll tell you who green hypos are - those who advocate all the nanny state regulations like outlawing grocery bags (which are recyclable), mandating those awful flourescent lightbulbs (which give me migraines), and recycle recycle EVERYTHING. But when they have kids - just try to suggest they use cotton diapers and OMG they will COME UNGLUED!!! As if there aren't trillions and trillions of those things filling up landfills all over the earth.

Women and babies survived just fine with cotton diapers for centuries. The yuckiness factor never killed any of them.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
You've inspired me to forward a "Signs your a Christian Hypocrite" to my mother and sister

If you have a link to that one, please post it here. I'd love to see that one.

new topics

join