It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadians overly sensitive, Brits warned

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
There's probably a lot more types of beers being produced in the UK considering history and all. I don't know how it is in other provinces so much over here, I don't think they produce so many different types. Quebec is an exception to the rest of Canada on that subject, i think.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Here is a nice fun game that i just found regarding beer.

www.sporcle.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Another British media story to jerk our chain...
Whatever doesn't matter anyway, most people can tell the difference and if they can't then thats ok too. I usually just correct them Then when ask do you know John? I might say "Yeah, he lives on my road- the TransCanada Highway"

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I did not do too good at that game, I got a little less than half.

I went to New York recently, american beers are not really good. However, they had some great imported beer that you could buy anywhere. I drank something... I think it was called Blue Moon.

Best thing ever, drive thru beer stores in Australia. I swear, I couldn't believe this. Such a paradox.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Ours is a parliamentary system that separated from Britain via a LONG political movement.

The Crown (the Queen of England) still rules Canada including direct rulership of every individual province

Originally posted by intrepid
Did you know that we didn't even have a constitution until 1982? Hockey vs Football. Baseball vs curling. We like our guns but we don't go ape over them. I could go on.

Actually Canada still doesn’t have a proper constitution like in the US but you are right that they have the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms which is broken routinely by government of course. Also there is no mention in the Charter of property rights or formal right to own land and no constitutional protection against seizure of land by the government. In practice Canadians are landless feudal serfs in terms of rights to land ownership because the Queen owns all the land.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by soleprobe

A yes, the Queen, i still have no idea why people or should i say the notion of Monarchy still exists. It serves no purpose apart from draining revenue for particular blood lines.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Ok you're technically right, the Queen owns us. However, she doesn't take any decisions regarding our future. It's more of a tradition, and considering we already have a short history, a little tradition is good

If she does give direction to Canada, it's behind the scenes in a truly NWO fashion.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wowbagger
I did not do too good at that game, I got a little less than half.

I went to New York recently, american beers are not really good. However, they had some great imported beer that you could buy anywhere. I drank something... I think it was called Blue Moon.

Best thing ever, drive thru beer stores in Australia. I swear, I couldn't believe this. Such a paradox.

Indeed i have driven through those pubs on many occasions while down under. I can remember my first time and the passenger asked for a "slab of vic" i was like..man..wtf is a slab...then several seconds later the a person hands this

www.ebottleo.com.au..., i still remember myself laughing my ass off comparing it to McDonalds

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
WHATTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

M)$)**%&$ F**(£(£* sensitive about about being called an WHATTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

i have no idea what your talking about.

Calmly sits down and gathers his thoughts.
I am a canadian and i live in the UK i have been ask many many many times.
"Are you American"...

I jusy say "look buddy you can call me anything you want, BUT......................................just dont call me late for dinner ok"

anyways Canadians are not American just cause we live in North America.

the countries are very different.

EX...

A Canadian and a American have serious fist fight in a bar in Canada...they both end up in hospital sitting across from each other.

The Canadian is laughing his flippin head off

The American asks what is so funny as they are both bleedin and have various injuries the Canadian says......"i wil get all fixed up for free pal"

[edit on 013131p://f22Thursday by plube]

[edit on 013131p://f23Thursday by plube]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Damn, that VB stuff is bad, really insanely bad. Good thing they have wine. As well as Jim Beam pre mixed bourbon-coke in a can. haha that also made me laugh

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wowbagger
reply to post by tristar

Damn, that VB stuff is bad, really insanely bad. Good thing they have wine. As well as Jim Beam pre mixed bourbon-coke in a can. haha that also made me laugh

Oh yes, it was sold at 7-11 stores right next to the Coke and Pepsi, also even funnier was the fact that kids would purchase it as lower cost method of getting blasted before going to parties.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Wowbagger

Tried that game Tristar posted, i got just over half right, i was suprised i got the south korean one, cass.

On another non-beer related not, once a month I will buy a bottle of absinthe from the corner shop (30 bloody quid a bottle, 70cl, think thats about $47usd)

At 86% ABV it aint made me seen green faeries yet, but it has made me see the floor come rushing up to my head really quickly.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by plube

I have to say, I would not be offended either but then again I'm not easily offended. Except by hippies and emos but that's another story.

And it seems to me we should stop shoving our healthcare system up their faces. They're not living the same reality as we are over there. What with the illegal immigration and all. If we had a good 10% of our population abusing the system, I doubt it would work.

Somebody said a couple of pages back, that it was arrogant of americans calling themselves americans because they are not the whole americas or something like that. I agree with that, but then again, it's a bit late to change that now! Just wanted to share my

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

A classic from what i remember..still makes me
when viewing them....

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Not true. We have a Governor General that acts as the Queens representative but s/he follows what the elected gov't desires. The first time that the Queen says that we should do whatever is the time that we throw out the GG and give the finger to Her Majesty. Everyone knows that.

Our constitution is in place, not ratified because Quebec won't go along with it.

Edit to add: It's our parliament that appoints the GG, not the Queen.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by intrepid]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by plube

Yep, can imagine you going off like that..hehe..in a good way i mean.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Ha, I had forgotten about that constitution thing, go Quebec! Anyways, what good are constitution these days right?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Spent last summer up in Blind River ON fixing up an old boat. The people were kind, funny and generous. The Canucks are loyalists and the Americans, well who knows what we're becoming. They have great beer, sausage and steak. If you're a hard worker, they'll like you just fine. But yeah, even the thought of going south of the border to some was odious.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Wowbagger

Hey, watch it Wow, don't make me bring up the "Plains of Abraham."

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Hehe, yeah, that one did not go as planned. Nowadays, the plains of Abraham are mostly used for partying. Everybody should see what it's like on the St-Jean Baptiste day. Haha, the police actually give out plastic cups so we can drink our beer without smashing bottles on the ground!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join