It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadians overly sensitive, Brits warned

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Seriously? It's one of my favorite beers, a good strong 9% right there. I grew up on that stuff.... haha not really but I have drank a lot of that stuff.

Why don't you like it?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wowbagger
A fun thread, I'll try to add something.

Oh yeah the beer. You guys should really try micro brewed quebec beer. My god, we might have stolen most of our beer concepts from belgium but we sure as hell understood how to produce it. And nobody can drink like a Quebecer!

Okay, i will admit to one thing, that i have absolutely no idea what micro brewed quebec beer tastes like, you have a mile high advantage over me on that one. I tilt my head in shame and causally walk to the corner in disarray.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wowbagger

Tastes like stout. Not a fan of stout. Try this lager:

Nummy but I dare you to get past 8 of them.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Micro brewed simply means brewed on a small scale. They're often unfiltered. They're also mostly sold in Quebec of course. There's these beer stores that are only allowed to sell these types of beer. Imports have to go through our governmentally controlled alcohol society... yeaaaahhh..... that's sad.

Fin du monde : www.unibroue.com...

Rosée d'hibiscus : micro.dieuduciel.com...

I'll try to stop talking about beer now, don't wanna jack the thread. Anyone wants to go on about beer U2U me.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Nummy but I dare you to get past 8 of them.

Must admit, your last sentence got me going, so i guess its not something to drink and then decide to drive across the state.....

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
Okay, i will admit to one thing, that i have absolutely no idea what micro brewed quebec beer tastes like, you have a mile high advantage over me on that one. I tilt my head in shame and causally walk to the corner in disarray.

Micro breweries are smaller breweries. Some even ferment their product right in the bars. I was in Montreal about 18 months ago and I tell you, you don't know beer until you get some fresh from the tap beer.

LOVE Montreal. The only problem is you can tell the French from the English. The French are the ones that are in shape.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

That crap made me so damn sick. My buddy said everyone has to drink it once. Well I put in my one time. Never again.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Hahah I like a challenge. I'll try to get my hands on that.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Must admit, your last sentence got me going, so i guess its not something to drink and then decide to drive across the state.....

You couldn't find your keys let alone your car.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

reply to post by tristar

I'll try to stop talking about beer now, don't wanna jack the thread. Anyone wants to go on about beer U2U me.

There is no need to worry about jacking the thread, as you can see, were all more or less within realm of the thread and as you noted, its about exchanging ideas and opinions.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by LookingIn

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

You couldn't find your keys let alone your car.

Oh #..have been down that road before..or should i say flow, or perhaps i thought i was walking, well you get the picture now, but i can safely say all those actions were caused by Mr. Jack Daniels himself.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Hahah I like a challenge. I'll try to get my hands on that.

Ill go out on a limb here, but it would be cool if you could put a cam and describe your very first taste of that beer while on camera.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SimplyGord

That may be true for most Americans, except ones near my age range.

We had to learn both systems. Did not like to have to convert things constantly into both. Talk about messing with your head. We did not have the internet back then to just plug and play. Really sucked in the physics components.

At least when I got into the higher courses, that was done away with.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Does it have a particular name, as i am sure if went to the local store asking for micro brewed beer they more than likely would think i would be asking for some kind of illegal drugs.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
If you want a beer that makes you forget your car keys, in fact make you forget you even exist in the normal space time continuum etc, try this stuff I drink, 9%, 5-6 cans makes you run up and down the street naked shouting "i am the virgin mary, I have come to save the world!" (and its actually rather nice to drink)

edit: dammit, why can't i ever seem to embed images from other sites? i use (replacing the [] with [])

[edit on 12/8/10 by woogleuk]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

If I ever get around to drink it I'll at least make sure to send you my review. However, it's not that easy to find import beers in Quebec.

But Ive drank a lot of weird beers. Including that German Christmas beer at 14%..... what a foul product. No beer will scare me.

I've read all the comments and I find it surprising how people make assumptions so quickly and with so much assurance, on both sides. And those videos about stupid americans and canadians don't help either... come on how hard is it to edit the stupid in the intelligent out?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Then again i haven't asked anyone how many beers does Canada actually produce in comparison to the U.K.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

I don't know the answer to that, but there are hundreds of brewerys all round the UK producing their own variants.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Totally agree, the videos showing stupid americans or candians or any other nations can and i am sure have been edited to influence the perception in favor of someone or something.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join