It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadians overly sensitive, Brits warned

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
OK, let me put an end to this.

Americans, we have your back. You know that. You call, we're there. No questions, no anything. We're your wingman.

As for the beer, step back. You can't handle it. Leave that to us. Enjoy your Bud Light.

Thank you and good night.

LookingIn.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
we don't want you to think we are going to do something like break out in the American Anthem at the drop of hat...

Another interesting difference. How many Canadians could sing the Star Spangled Banner? Most I would say. How many American know Oh Canada?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LookingIn
OK, let me put an end to this.

Americans, we have your back. You know that. You call, we're there. No questions, no anything. We're your wingman.

What if handle things on our own? Any problem with that?

As for the beer, step back. You can't handle it. Leave that to us. Enjoy your Bud Light.

The only good thing about any Bud is the commercials. Ribbit.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

The crowd in Edmonton at the Oilers game (NHL for those who don't know) can beautifully sing both anthems without accompaniment. They represent us all...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Should have been able to tell us apart by the really white sunburned person, LOL, jk.

I'm a bit confused by that statement, but had a pretty good laugh if I'm understanding it correctly - BTW, I'm South African but not African if that's what you were thinking. (Another misconception by many people)

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

The crowd in Edmonton at the Oilers game (NHL for those who don't know) can beautifully sing both anthems without accompaniment. They represent us all...

Yes, the Edmonton crowd are the best in the league. Too bad they don't have a hockey team.

*says the Calgary fan*

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

No, for sure, if you want to go it on your own then go. But if it goes pear shaped and you need us we'll be there man. Just call.

And on the commercials you get props. We shoot Canadian piss at our CRTC for blocking your Superbowl commercials on our simulcast stations up here.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

little brother? our country is much bigger than yours. and us canadians take huge offense to the whole canada is americas little brother thing. its demeaning

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Dude, I'm in Toronto.

Please don't talk to me about not having a hockey team....that's just way below the belt...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Dude, I'm in Toronto.

Please don't talk to me about not having a hockey team....that's just way below the belt...

I must have read you wrong then. I'm 45 minutes NW of Pearson. 35 if the 401 is clear. Still a Calgary fan though.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
My husband is a Niners fan too.

His reason is very Canadian - they try to keep the thuggery down, and show some class.

[edit on 2010/8/11 by Aeons]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSmith
Hate to break it to you, but the USA has got a terrible public relations nightmare on its hands right now. The only people who want to be American's right now are Mexican's, and they just want the land, they hate the culture of the USA as much as the rest of the world.

, feels good to get that one off my chest.

Don't know about what you see but here in S.E. Michigan I have seen a lot of Indian and Russian people move here, they don't seem to mind it.

Glad you feel better......however the Truth of the matter is that the U.S. is still one of the largest immigration destinations in the world. The U.S. is overall the # 1 destination of immigrants with over 21% of the worlds total immigration population coming to the U.S.

The Current Immigration Debate isn't about Immigration, it's about what to do with Illegal Immigration. I don't think anyone in the U.S. has a problem with people moving here legally.

Canada is number one in immigration when measured by per capita, followed by the U.S. and then Australia. New Zealand has gotta be close behind.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek

Should have been able to tell us apart by the really white sunburned person, LOL, jk.

I'm a bit confused by that statement, but had a pretty good laugh if I'm understanding it correctly - BTW, I'm South African but not African if that's what you were thinking. (Another misconception by many people)

It's just that when Canucks come to Florida or Europe in the Summer for example, they just burn themselves to a crisp. I feel bad, cause it looks pretty painful.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Yeah, we're brave-ass dumb-heads. Lay on the beach without SPF30 and we think we'll turn brown but we always end up red.

We never learn...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Yeah, we're brave-ass dumb-heads. Lay on the beach without SPF30 and we think we'll turn brown but we always end up red.

We never learn...

I did. Pasty white man says, "Gimme Feb. over Aug. any day." I'm inside most of the summer. I'll take the -30 with the wind chill over 95 with 100% humidity any day.

Edit to add: The Superbowl is in Feb. 'Nuff said.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by intrepid]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

We all have to be a bit discerning on this. The US Gov't is f'ed. But Americans are A-OK. Damn A-OK if you ask me.

I don't know how they ended up with 2 parties that are both totally sh*t, but when it comes to an individual Yank out in the world somewhere I'll cover his ass 10 times out of 10.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Worth your time

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nofoolishness
The truth is canadian culture is pretty much identical to american culture.

Canadians are a bit like US/Australia mixed in with Scandinavian values, and stick up for their own. They are very federal oriented as well. They like universal programs overall.

And the accent is funny. In the UK, they might mistake us for Americans, perhaps, but when I worked for moving company/xpress service, I was on the phone with a Texan who kept telling me he thought I was British, my accent to him. Well he sure had one by my standards.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

reply to post by pavil

We never learn...

Hell, I just spent a week in the Okanagan in +40C weather wearing 100SPF - and I still burned.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Actually, most Canadians aren't aware that we've picked up some Traditional Chinese culture traits as well. Most metropolitan Canadians will respond automatically to a handshake with a "bow between equals" without even noticing. The avoidance of eye contact in crowds is also Chinese.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join